171.23 WHQL XP 32bit.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Feb 15, 2008.

1. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    Is this driver any good?? because I'm currently using NVIDIA 169.21 drivers and ever since I had them it I notice that in all my games I feel a little lag spike and it annoys me so bad because this happen to me during a match in counter strike 1.6, but if I get these drivers would it maybe fix the problem?? Where can I download these drivers?? because I went to that website it doesn't link me to anything to download those drivers, or its not out yet?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

these are alot better than the 169 series drivers.

http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/nvidia/nv_gf_171.23-2kxp(www.station-drivers.com).exe

3. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    Alright thanks a lot bro, I will be reformatting later on.

4. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    so are this drivers worth downloading?? cos i've been useing the 169.28 BETA for a while now and im looking for better ones.

5. junglelord

junglelord Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB
    Are these better then the 169.38 ?
    Any tests ?

6. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    These, and the beta 171.23, both gave me nasty stuttering in COD4 and City of Heroes.

Shame really cause they looked promising but alas, back to 169.21 for me.

7. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    these drivers seem to be good. better IQ, works grate with CoD4 and BF2142.

8. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    I had the same prob using the 171.23 beta, damn jumpy effect in CoD4. You should try the new 174.12 they work much better for CoD4 :)

9. mattc

mattc New Member

I've had great results so far with this driver. I upgraded from the 169.21 driver. So far, I have noticed a FPS increase of around 10+ (yes, that's 10 and up, not an exaggeration either), along with smoother frame-rates (fewer fps dips - this may simply be because the FPS drops below some visibility threshhold, ie 45 or 30 fps, less frequently) in ETQW. The difference is readily apparent. I have only tried ETQW so far. There may also be some IQ improvement, but I didn't take screenshots so I'm inclined to think that the improved frame-rate is responsible for the improved play.

8800 gts 320

10. Alchemystic

Alchemystic Member

GPU:
    2 x eVGA 8800GT SC | Dell 2405 LCD
    In COD4 try selecting Dual Video Cards in the graphic options [EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT SLI] it stopped the shuttering on my kid's system which is not SLI.

11. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Thanks for the driver

These give me an interesting issue. When you set value Max Frames to Render Ahead to "0" nv4_disp crashes and Windows Blue Screen of Death. Most interesting...this option has been absent from the drivers for awhile

12. roehunter1

roehunter1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512
    Thanks for the tip . That fixed the jerkiness in my COD4.