171.23 WHQL XP 32bit.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  2. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    Two xfx 7950 GX2 SLI Mode
  3. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Very nice.

4. attila_gorilla

attila_gorilla Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 5730
    any specific fixes in this version?

5. Nano74

Nano74 Member

GPU:
    MSI 280GTX OC EDITION
    in guru 3d download section dont mention that is whql, !, any body checked this driver??, is it better than 171.17?

6. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    I also want to know that... but i´m also a bit tired of this "#!"$!2 hail of drivers...

7. Nano74

Nano74 Member

GPU:
    MSI 280GTX OC EDITION
    jajaja yeah me too, nvidia fired some employers and recluit us to test your diferent drivers !!, we want our pay 50% now fifty at end of febrary!

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The drivers in the download section on here are the Beta set. :)

9. Nano74

Nano74 Member

GPU:
    MSI 280GTX OC EDITION
    tell me Rich Guy in your URL says that is whql, is different tahn gurus page or is the same foreware and is a mistake of the your URL?
    tnxs men

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its no mistake, they are the same driver set, just the WHQL set may have some more fixes over the Beta's, as the beta sets are not final drivers (not finished), they get released first so that people can test them for bugs, and problems etc..., if any are found, then Nvidia sort them out, and then once thats done they become final (finished), so then they send them off to Microsoft to get the WHQL pass. :)

Hilbert will probably add these drivers to the download section once he finds out they are out, as he may not know yet as they only appeared last night.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ive always thought it strange that a WHQL set of drivers makes it to a third party site before they're posted officially on the NV site? whats up with that anyhow. I think i'll wait till there up officially and have release notes ...

12. attila_gorilla

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 5730
    I always had the impression that whql drivers carry different version numbers than their beta predecessors. IE. 171.16 beta -->> 171.17 WHQL

13. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    A lot of the time, yes. But when the beta is already pretty stable and pending WHQL certification, nope.

14. Razor3DC

Razor3DC Active Member

Sorry folks... but don't talk such rubbish, please.

EVERY Driver is 'final'... it was compiled and got a release-number from this.
    Aferwards it won't be changed, never!
    (of course no bugfixing!)

You could send such a driver to microsoft and pay them for doing a WHQL certification.
    If you are a partner of nVidia, you also could send such drives to microsoft of course...
    If it has passed the tests, it will get the certification...

This all have nothing to do with official "release"- or "beta"-drivers from nVidia!
    You can download drivers form partners like ASUS which couldn't be obtained from nVidia...

Got it?

Razor

15. attila_gorilla

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 5730
    Razor is making some sense here.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ahh well my bad, i never knew that, you learn something new everyday, sorry for talking rubbish.:eek3:

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Are you joking? this thread is based on a whql which is hosted on guru3d as a beta with the same version, and I have seen differences between the same numbered beta and whql such as the addition of resolutions in a whql which were not available in a beta, this was quite recently.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=250627&highlight=missing+resolutions

edit: you edited your post while I was typing, guess you found the beta with the same whql version.

18. attila_gorilla

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 5730
    Ahhh don`t be shy to express yourself though. Nothing wrong with being wrong occasionally.

19. attila_gorilla

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 5730

Yeah I wasn`t quite sure if I was right. But no I haven`t seen a beta and a whql driver with the same version, though I`m only a recent user of Nvidia cards.

EDIT:

I`ve just had a closer look and realized whql drivers can indeed keep the version number of their betas, and it does seem that there can be differences between them.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Yes they are whql, so don't panic lol...

anyway i had 171.23beta before didn't notice a difference with these, maybe more stable!
    i had to reboot once while i was playing fear combat, the game just froze... i never had that before and now with these whql everything seemed ok again.