163.75 andd Crysis Demo

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by duran72, Oct 27, 2007.

1. duran72

duran72 Member

Hi, i just download the demo of crysis but when i start the game during the second part of the demo (over the plane) the game go in crash... why??

I have:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    8800 GTS OC
    2GB
    Vista 32bit

anybody can help me with this problem?

Thanks!

2. jaguax

jaguax Member

You're going to want to use the new 169.01 drivers, they're optimized specifically for Crysis. Using anything older is just stupid.

3. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    Maybe 163.75 gives him better IQ or fps in all his other games than the 169.01 do..? Those 169.01 drivers were making my UT3 demo stutter on max settings, I reverted back to the 163.75's and lo and behold, no stutter, When my Crysis demo has downlaoded, I'll see if I crah too using the 163.75's, because I have found them to be very stable..

HyBrId

4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    i don't know if this might help but during that scene hit alt+enter to window the game. Finish the scene and then alt-enter again.
    That worked for me.
    Also while you've got it windowed make sure your build says oct 18 and not oct 22.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    My old drivers ran crysis fine the first go but went to play it a again got a display driver has stopped responding error under win xp pro, installed the new betas no errors game runs like butter on a mix of med and high settings even on my e6600@3.0ghz, 8800gts 320mb, 2 gig ddr 667 ram.

6. Cybercat

Cybercat Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
    169.01 SUCK! I reverted back to 163.76, ran the Crysis built in GPU benchmark, went from 17.93 FPS average before to 26.76 FPS with the older drivers.

Oh and I'm able to overclock again too.

So screw 169.01.

7. duran72

duran72 Member

BUT... wich PC can run Crysis at 60fps?? a Quad Core and a 8800 ULtra in SLI?? come on! why they decide to do a game like that when they can play only in 3 at EA?? :)

8. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    I am running the 158.22 drivers and it works pretty good except for a few things here and there in cyrsis but it doesn't crash, plays really nice. Also where did you find the GPU benchmark in the game . I don't see it.

9. _RA_

_RA_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    try the 163.69

10. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    In an interview with the game developers that I read somewhere, they claimed Crysis will be the best looknig game for a couple of years, they want new hardware (graphics cards) to mature around it I think, I believe they also said the full potential of the game engine won't be seen until more powerful hardware comes out to utilise it.. :S

All of the above is just from memory, but I honestly remember reading that somewhere :)

HyBrId

P.S. With the 163.75s under Vista X64 Home Premium, I can run the Crysis Demo in Direct X 10 on all High settings, not Very high (haven't tried any yet) at 1680x1050 but without AA (jaggies aren't really noticable in Crysis with the motion blur at that resolution..) And it is smooth too, with no fps dips as far as I can tell..

Also in response to another post asking the same question, how do you access the Benchmark??

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007

11. Benke99

Benke99 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870 1GB
    To access the benchmarks: Go to your game folder and then into the Bin32 or Bin64 folder. there you'll find 2 .bat files named Benchmark_CPU and Benchmark_GPU. Just click away...

12. duran72

duran72 Member

Well so why they decide to put out NOW the game when just a few people in the world can play it at very high details? it's just crazy...

How many people have 2 8800 ultra in sli for crysis? do yuo think that this 2 cards can run the game at 60fps? i don't think so.... :) it's ridicolus...

I just tried the demo again and the problem with the crash was the AF at 16x i turned off and it's ok now... but i can play the game at 1280x1024 (All High) with AA 2x but it don't run very smooth... in Medium it's better... but i really don't like the game at this detail...

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    can i say waaaaaaa cry me a river :p game looks fine on med/high no AA zomg, god kids these days, everyone knew crysis is going to push hardware and thank god finally a game out that my rig cant run on max all with AA on :p

About time i say.

and my frame rate is fine no AA on and a mix of med and high settings whats wrong with this screenshot?

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q288/cerebus23/?action=view&current=crysis.jpg

i guess my eyes would have to be 2 inches off the screen to pick at the jaggies that are barely noticeable while playing.

14. Salem07

Salem07 Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800 Gts640 stock
    Just try TDU 4xAA/ 16xAF

...and cry me a river

15. gazmon

gazmon New Member

im afraid that even the top systems are going to struggle a bit with crysis,

seems that its aimed at unreleased hardware for max performance? which is a bit of a shot in the foot as maybe that will hit sales, taking into consideration that there is no planned release of top spec cards as yet?

if your on lower 8800 cards gonna definatly hard to scale well down for smooth gameplay, which is annoying

gazmon

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i run tdu 4AA and max all.

17. Smu

Smu Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX
    169.01 are sucky, it lowered my 3dmark score under 10000 grrrrrr. but crysis runs ok on high settings and in 1680x1050 with some AA.

18. Salem07

Salem07 Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800 Gts640 stock
    Well grats to you then.

I have a pretty similar system, and with the same settings i'm getting between 20-25 Fps (4xAA 16xAA high details HDR)

19. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ti

Your correct, but I didn't read it, it was in one of the video interviews that was done with the developer. I remember seeing it at Game Trailers.

I'm no tech wizard, or the sharpest needle in the haystack. But, I remember the 1st time I saw the actual in game video's. I thought, dam your are going to need some serious hardware to run graphics like that. Which is the case, as everybody is finding out. My 8800GTX purchased at the time was purely to max out my then current DX9 games. I had a gut feeling that in wasn't really going to be able to run the new DX10 games on max settings. We are just going to have to wait for the next gen high graphics card.

On a different note. How or why does this game run better under 30 FPS, while other games would run really bad, like a slide show?

20. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ti
    Why? what's is the difference? I hadn't seen any post about this. Thx!