162.15 for WinXP32bit on Nvidia**Beta Driver**

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Dingchow, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_162.15.html

i decided to retest these new drivers and give them a chance, ill start off by saying i have absolutely no problem with CP infact i love it even though now im required to get ntune to check the temperature but oh well.

Antialiasing works perfectly when set in CP
    AF also works
    settings works
    profile save/load works
    cp loads fast and nice (not as fast as the old cp though, but thats normal)
    excellent stability

158 > 162 result

3Dmark03 = loss of 60 marks (90fps loss in the vertex shader test)
    3Dmark05 = gain 30 marks
    3Dmark06 = gain 51 marks

i don't really care for 3dmark but i did the tests for fun.

STALKER with 1003 patch = game is real smooth, fraps reporting 2fps increase over the 158 drivers in the same spot i used previously.

F.E.A.R MP = i have to say this...the 162.15 are the very best drivers to date for F.E.A.R at least for me compared to ANY forceware i tried. they rock!
    never seen the game so smooth with 16 players and smoke/bombs on screen at once.

FS2004 = didn't notice any difference from the 158 fw.

Splinter Cell DA = increase of 2 fps

RIDDICK = loss of 3 fps but game is still real smooth.

COD2 = loss of 3 fps (again i dont care) same as riddick.

a word on IQ = these drivers are about the same as the 158.27 in the IQ quality but for some reason the desktop in winxp looks a bit more focused or sharper, it is the 1st thing i notice when i install a driver since i spend most of my time surfing the net etc.

the 162.15 are keepers for me!
    forgetting for a moment any FRAPS fps loss, gameplay is absolutely no different than the 158.27 for me, the performance in FEAR was enough to win me over and i didn't notice any bug in any game, all is good.

best drivers to date? for me possibly, maybe i should get Quake Wars Beta and try it but even if QW would show a loss of 100fps i wouldn't switch over since QW is that...BETA.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. refraction

refraction Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768mb
    change it to the classic CP then you dont need ntune :) confused the hell out of me too, but there it was

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  3. galahs

galahs Member

GPU:
    3dfx Voodoo 4
    I was really starting to like these drivers but when I tried to start V8 Supercars 3 (TOCA Race Driver 3) it got its first BSOD.

I rebooted and all was fine, but if its a sign of things to come, I'm going back to 84.21 again :beam:

4. xDfieO

xDfieO Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970 DCUII
    any 8600GTS users got any improvements over the 160.03's?
    im runnin 160.03's and they're pretty good..ill dl em and test them anyway. ill report back with some results on 3dmark03,05 and 06

5. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Scaling works fine for me -- until I play a video. Causes it to revert to "Monitor scaling". Have to reboot to set it back to "fixed ratio". No other problems besides that.

Note: I installed this driver over the 158.22 where I had installed the nVidia "fix" for overscan compensation to make the scaling work. It did show the same behavior w/ playing a video canceling it. This may still be in my system.

6. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Elite
    I've got a couple of FPS drop in Aquamark with 162.15 compared to 158.27.
    Two Worlds runs smooth. Temperature control with RivaTuner works fine. CP starts faster. No crashes yet (I even don't remember when I got BSOD last time... must be ages ago).
    The only thing I noticed is when I played divx wide screen movie, it appears stretched on TV (fullscreen overlay) and I can't set it to normal size by Media Player Classic. 158.27 deriver hadn't that problem. Any idea?

7. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX GTX285 Black Ed.
    Old CP works the first time you run the *.reg file, I set my clocks and stuff, but after pressing Apply, and OK to close, if you go back to it, the only thing you are presented with is "Start New Control Panel" button...

8. mr orange

mr orange Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA gtx 280
    compared to which driver, 158.27?

9. johnston21

johnston21 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT512 1300-defaul
    Anyone concered re:

PureVideo™ HD support is currently only available on Microsoft Windows Vista for GeForce 8600, 8500 and 8400 GPUs. PureVideo HD support for Windows XP will be available an upcoming driver.
    ...as listed on Guru3d's front news page.

I have PureVid Plat. package (& a 7950 GT 512), but I don't have a HD TV...

10. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    yeah it looks like its still up...but the word going around is its a bomb pretty much...even if I look here on this forum the majority are having performance drops and issues with it.

11. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    ^^nothing at all wrong with them

12. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    yeah i have no issues in any game with these betas. CSS is very very smooth with these.

13. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    ^^yup

ok i ran DiRT today and the performance SKY ROCKETED
    i dont have slow downs anymore when there is more then one car, before it was chugalugin till i got to first place so the cars were behind me ;P

14. Frez0n

Frez0n Member

GPU:
    nVidia - MSI 8800GTS 640 MB
    any difference in DiRT? With regard to 158.45

For the present this one works correctly

15. TR_Forge

TR_Forge Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    No, and there's no need for you to be concerned either. Your Purevideo support is still working flawlessly AFAIK, it's only the Purevideo **HD** support of the GF8 cards that's Vista-only ATM. This is the h264/VC1 high-res acceleration that the 8X00 cards besides the 8800 have. You have all the MPEG2 acceleration you ever did.

Basically NV is saying 'GF8 cards aside from the 8800 are doing Purevideo HD properly in Vista ATM. XP is coming.'.

What they don't have to say is 'Cards other than the GF8 are still doing what Purevideo SD they did before, exactly as before'. Nothing has changed for your 7950.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    The driver has been removed from download
    "162.15
    Windows XP/2000 32-bit
    Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Due to a problem with the v162.15 Windows XP and Windows XP 64-bit Beta drivers, they have been removed for download. We will be replacing these drivers with new fixed drivers shortly".

17. no_1_dave

no_1_dave Master Guru

GPU:
    They are still on the Nvidia Website for me.
    The Vista ones have been removed though...

18. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Are you sure it wasn't you going from the demo to full version? The full version is EXTREMELY optimized compared to the demo.

19. deceived

deceived Guest

GPU:
    XFX radeon hd 7870 @ 1100
    At first i thought these drivers were pretty good , Fear works really well, but 2142 crashes like mad.

20. Rillipiru

Rillipiru Master Guru

GPU:
    660 ti 2GB
    Little bit ot, but dont use ntune. Expertool works now allmost all of the gpu:s (nvidia). Fancontrol and overclocking together in one of the simplest overclocking+fancontrol programs.

Download here:

http://www.gainward.com/en/support/XPRT_50.zip