16 years old boy got killed by cop shot in greece!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Odyracer18, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyracer18

Odyracer18 Member

GPU:
    POV GF 8800gt
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,463068,00.html

This event happend last night..As you can see,the article states that a group of youths attacked the police officers.Well,according many witnesses,this group just insulted the police officers,not attacked,and one of the officers thought it was a good reason to shoot him to death..I say it's a shame...

I'm from Greece to , and i wanted everyone to see all this **** happening to my country..

2. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    this goes in the pub, not tech news area.

3. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Looks like the police made the initial mistake by leaving their car to pursue (what they claimed) 30 stone throwing youths. Call for backup next time and stay in the car.

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    30 stone! Those kids were huge! LOL....

"The news enraged hundreds of youths in the area who began rioting by attacking other police cars with stones and firebombs."

Obviously the youth in that area are violent little sh1ts that deserve a little straight justice.

5. Odyracer18

Odyracer18 Member

GPU:
    POV GF 8800gt
    @Stukov: Sorry, i'm a litle noob with this stuff....

@inklimited: You can't imagine the corruption of the police system in greece..But even if there wasn't a good reason to insult(or even attack a cop),this doesn't give to anyone the right to KILL.Not a 16 years old boy..You can arrest him instead,or call for backup etc.Not to become a murder.

6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    If you are under fire, you return fire. The stun grenade didn't scare them, but I'm damn sure the bullets did.

Basically, the cops didnt kill all 30 kids. Now there is injustice. One little sh1t dies to prove a point to the others, that's called a lesson in life.

7. Odyracer18

Odyracer18 Member

GPU:
    POV GF 8800gt
    1st:As i told,witnesses say they didn't attack,only the officers state that,probably to justify their actions.

2nd:Yeah ,nice lesson.When you can't handle a situation,kill.Great lesson.I believe this action just proves that some cops are a joke...

8. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Throw a rock at a cop, you're gonna get rocked.

How was getting out of the car was a mistake? If the little idiots ASSAULTED the car, it's the cops civic DUTY to arrest them. Resist arrest and it escalates the situation. If you provide more resistance than the cop can handle peaceably he can escalate till he uses deadly force, it's the kids responsibility to back down it's not on the cop.

9. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    i dont agree with any killing, never. But in this case, if the kid had been at home or somewhere else not rioting or throwing rocks at the police etc, he would not be dead now. RIP

10. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well there's a reason why this incident got reported , right..
    Cops killing some one(That someone could be u) just because they(You) resisted or assaulted the cops is a darn stupid idiotic reason to waste a human life over.
    Thus u have this thread highlighting that as a fact , not to normalized what the cops did...
    We cant be 100% sure on how this incident took place in specific but in general I mean..

11. Odyracer18

Odyracer18 Member

GPU:
    POV GF 8800gt
    @Dustpuppy: I only disaggre with you at one point..When they provide more resistance the cop can handle,he should first try to shot at the air,so the resistants will be afraid..If that also fails,and the assault him,yes,he must use lethal force,but not to kill,unless they draw weapons.Shooting on the leg or something can be very succesful to stop the assault..But the shot was on the boy's chest..The cop wanted to kill..I don't think a higly trained police officer missed...I beleive cops top priority is to stop them,not to kill..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  12. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I can definitely agree that not firing a shot in the air was a boneheaded thing to do, and it does cast suspicion on the cops. I can't speak for the training police receive in Italy, but I've never seen a cop train on a target in which he wasn't shooting the chest area. I may be mistaken but I believe the cops around here, are trained not to fire their weapons unless the situation warrants lethal force.

A cop may elect to cripple a target, but not unless the situation would legally allow them to kill the target. However, even in that case cops are issued weapons where RoF is deemed more important than pin-point accuracy & it wouldn't be encouraged since if cops take risky shots in populated areas the chance of hitting a bystander is unacceptable.

Police are trained not to shoot people in the head because it's difficult, aiming to hit the extremities is an order of magnitude or more difficult. Shooting to cripple is not really an option, unless one is a crack shot. If somebody is shot in the biceps or thighs it can easily sever an artery. To cripple without killing the victim reliably, an individual would have to be able to hit the hands or feet to avoid a killing blow. This is a very hard thing to achieve, not simply due to the smaller area, but because the targeted areas move a lot more than the chest area. I can't imagine that a police department would train its officers to attempt it.

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    dunno the boy threw a stone and they shot him 3 times :(

14. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    i agree they shouldnt have killed him

but hey at least the rest learnt their lesson and will think extremely hard before repeating what they did

15. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I just got a beep on my sarcasm detector, is it functioning properly?

16. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Parenting fail - and a heavy price to pay.
    How about respect the law, consider police allies,and not act in a criminal manner? (In free countries) Police don't just go around killing people.If these kids were behaving, this would have never happened.

17. Odyracer18

Odyracer18 Member

GPU:
    POV GF 8800gt
    @dougk: Do you know what they did?Nothing my friend..Witnesses say that the cop started talking(insulting) the kid,he answered(or the whole crowd),and he killed him in cold blood...i repeat witnesses said that.But the media want to hide all that..Corruption at it's full glory..I don't know about your country my friend,but here,in greece,cops are the worst terrorists ever..They just DON'T care a **** about the people...I personally met at my village some cops,while i was with some friends at night,just talking,and they stopped to talk to as and,instead of treating as like friends and do as an ordinary check for drugs or anything,they started shouting and insulting as,before they even checked as...That's not what cops should do...

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5ZFqW7noo

Just an other example of police brutality in greece..This happened 1 year ago..At about 1:10 you can see undercover cops hitting a student,without an intention to arrest,but only to hit...The police then officialy stated that the student just fell and no one wanted to hit him!

18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    /Agreed.

This isn't one sided. You get attacked, you do what you're supposed to do.

If these kids weren't being little ****heads, and were at home probably where they should of been, never would of happened.

If you're going to play with the big boys and be an ass, be prepared to wear the consequences.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No offense, but I've noticed you keep escalating your claims against the police with each of your posts based on the same original information. It kinda undermines your credibility.
    :3eyes:

20. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:

And if this Cop never had a policing job , this never would have happened..
    Cops , I believe aren't made of gold , silver or platinum..
    They are human too , they too can be on the wrong side of the law..
    Who knows maybe the Cop was a racist , short tempered freak or even drunk for that matter..
    Then again I cant be sure..
    It all depends , on who's wrong was a greater number , by my calculation/understanding the cop's wrong was far bigger..at least a hundredth times greater if not more..
    I believe , the kid made a forgivable mistake but the cop made an unforgivable mistake..
    My opinion of course..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.