16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by user1, Jul 28, 2016.

1. hunterzihr

hunterzihr Guest

GPU:
    dd3 1066
    Hi i have 6650m
    i cant install driver 16.101.X_Repack_radeonset_17.1.1_Jan30_dxva-nocl_[WIP]
    every time he give me error 1603 when i install driver
    windows 10 pro 64bit
    can you help me?
    p.s. sry my english

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    There are two methods from what I recall.

One is via the inf /dword plus the right sys file.

The other is reactive and a rather dirty fix from what I recall where you apply other dwords post install.

Asder followed the first method. We tried to do a diff on the sys files to see on what was missing from the newer sys files but without results (I guess we simply needed more knowledge with IDA ) then this kind of faded and we never picked it up again.

One of my theories is that it would be best to do a hard override via the CCC DLL files. I never followed through with any investigation since there was no real need for the switchable graphics community.

I might have forgotten some details.

3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    BTW , i did some testing with the 3dmark apu overhead benchmark, and the 15.301/16.101 drivers have a fairly signifigant improvent to dx11 overhead vs the 15.201 drivers, (from around 410k~ to 550k~ drawcalls) about a 32% improvement, I also noticed that overclocking a the gpu reduces the overhead which is odd but good to know.

Also i can confirm that non gcn cards are not multithreaded for dx11, much like gcn cards performance is the same or slightly worse in MT dx11 part of the benchmark.

It is neat to see that amd did probably intend to support Non-gcn cards at least for the length of the 15.301 driver. was probably a late decision.

edit: I will also mention the reason dxva doesn't work properly in the browser is not due to the libraries conflicting, it has something to due with the radeon settings configuring it incorrectly, using the 16.101 driver +cl libs with Catalyst rather than radeon settings fixes the problem.

Did you install the driver with driver signature enforcement mode disabled?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. hunterzihr

hunterzihr Guest

GPU:
    dd3 1066
    no i install driver with switchable graphic
    p.s. sry my english

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
  6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    We also found CCC to be best way for these drivers. I think we bundled the Press release Crimson CCC which seemed to be the latest.

Which one did you end up bundling?

Unless I totally missunderstood what you meant by Catalyst. :banana:

8. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    i just used the beta 15.11.1 catalyst.

9. generaleramon

generaleramon New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Reference
    Testing "16.101.X with radeonsettings 17.1.1 dxva-nocl" :pc1:

Win10 1607 14393 + HD6990

Crossfire is a lot better than official 16.2.1!
    Radeon Settings working fine like official drivers!
    HW Acc OK
    OpenCL OK

Thanks, saved my day :wanker:
    keep up the good work

10. skipper

skipper Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7670M 2GB
    16.101.X with radeonsettings 17.1.1 dxva-nocl can fix The Division flickering issue? I had tried 16.101.X with radeonsettings 16.12.1 before but it couldn't fixed the screen flickering problem.

11. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 8GB
    Thanks again for your on-going work... Wish I knew you posted this thursday, would of grabbed it for Friday game night! Working great since yesterday... will report any findings...

P.S. Really ppl?? Spare me/us with the "are the Division artifacts fixed?" blah blah... Be grateful you even have a new driver set instead of bitching about playing a game that shouldn't even be played on a what 5+ year old EOL card or laptop! Just say thanks, thats it, before you annoy someone putting in the efforts... save all of that for collection companies, lol!
    :stewpid:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  12. skipper

skipper Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7670M 2GB
    It's just a simple question. How did you think I'm ungrateful? I know what I said. I already know it needs a new driver for permanent fix. I'm investigating that issue and I found that it's not only driver based problem. The game DLL that named "amd_ags_x64.dll" is causing that problem too. Whatever. I thank user1 for his efforts but as you see, he is not only one that trying to help people like you :ban:

13. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    A game dll is "causing" it?
    I'd really be curious to know how one asses this.
    Amd ags is this just for the records. Some lazy engineer with wrong assumptions about latest driver version to consider what hardware may make sense to explain whatever issue you have then.

But also, I'm not sure why you, game owner, don't just report if there ever was a functioning driver version to begin with.

14. skipper

skipper Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7670M 2GB
    I replaced the original AGS with Ghost Recon Wildlands' dll and flickering and some stupid issues gone. (except lighting issues). I wanted to sure that is working and suggested one of my friend and he got better results than me.

15. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 8GB
    With that being your first post, I assumed you were like most who just sign up to b!@$# without even expressing gratitude. When I saw both I guess that hit the boiling point so I do apologize for taking it personally. I definitely can relate to some of ubi's ports (especially GR) hence the apology. May the force be with you...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017

16. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    Then note down from which dll version this behavior starts to appear, also check affected drivers versions, then report back to amd's issue tracker.

17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP

all of the packages apart from the 16.7.3 pack contain the same driver, only difference between them primarily is the opencl library version, radeon settings version and the amd blb profiles which may contain some potential optimizations but not bug fixes.

18. skipper

skipper Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7670M 2GB
    Thank you for your reply. I just wondered new Application Profiles are fixing this issue or not. Thank again, have a nice day :)

19. Burito

Burito Guest

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Hello user1!. I am personally very grateful to you. for all of your work done with AMD drivers.. thank you thank you develop your work ... of AMD companies should be ashamed. for what they did..
    I suggest you to have purse money and write ID. I think there are people who you say thank you in material form. including I. Good luck and continue the project) AMD losers((((

20. NikeFreak

NikeFreak Member

GPU:
    280X + 7970