15.12(and earlier) issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by deefop, Dec 21, 2015.

1. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    So right now I'm running 15.7.1, not by choice.

I've noticed that the drivers after 15.7.1 seem to have some kind of issue with application profiles properly disabling crossfire. I have CS:GO set up to NOT use crossfire, which works fine in 15.7.1. If I jump to any of the newer drivers including 15.12, this no longer works and CS:GO(and presumably other titles) try to launch with CF enabled regardless of the setting. For CS:GO that's an issue because multiple GPU's are not desirable for that game.

I also noticed with 15.12 a very noticeable "stutter" once every couple seconds that would interrupt video AND audio, making it very difficult to play. Ultimately I had to roll back again.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this who might have any advice? I'm not exactly happy about using 5 month old drivers, but even some of the beta's I tried in between now and then exhibited similar issues.

Pretty frustrated at this point, thinking that when I finally ditch these 7870's I may have to buy an Nvidia card purely for stable drivers :(

Or maybe crossfire is still not a good idea because the drivers for it are still awful?

Really looking for any kind of solution.

Oh, also, is there any way to like "unlock" a hidden resolutions list? I'm still in shock that they seriously removed the option to change your resolution and refresh rate.

2. Gevo

Gevo New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD6900M 2048mb x2
    I am having issues with 15.12 profiles. I set swtor to not use CF because there is an issue with CF & swtor at the moment. I have to go in manually & disable CF all together for it to launch.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  3. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    Seems like we're not the only ones dealing with it. Mind blowing, but good to know it's something that still needs to be worked out.

Of course, if I'm going to get constant stuttering in a twitch FPS game to the point where I can't even play, I still won't be able to upgrade.

4. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Crimson Crossfire is all over the place.

5. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti
    Same here. Have to disable cross fire from the old style driver windows (why there is two drivers panel :/)
    Is really annoying and I'm done. I'm going to sell my second vga....

6. Arkse

Arkse New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 4 GB CF
    No problem here with 15.12 and CS:GO, disabled CF in CS:GO profile and only one card running.

Try to use DDU before installing 15.12.

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Use 1 card only on CS.G0 , you should know that already if you are into CS