13900k vCore in RTSS

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by HisN, Nov 22, 2022.

1. HisN

HisN Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Dear Unwinder, I used search, but I did not find any ...

First, I love the new Overlay-Editor in RTSS, and I build some Overlays for me.

Small.jpg

upload_2022-11-22_18-23-11.png

But a Counter I miss now is CPU vCORE.

YES I know, I can get the Numbers from HWInfo, but I don't want to run HWInfo for getting just one Number. Is there a way to get CPU-Vcore (not Vid) into RTSS-HAL? Maybe in the future? Or is it just impossible, because the value is provided not from CPU, but from Mainboard, and you just can't implement every Mainboard on earth (what is fully understandable).

Alex

Ps: I encountered a small bug in RTS 7.3.4 Beta 6.
    If you load a Overlay into the Overlay-Editor the Editor will stay "empty" and the overlay does not show. You have to close the Editor and Open it up again, and than the Overlay is displayed.
    Maybe you know. I did not search.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    CPU voltage is only available via AIDA64/HWINFO shared memory, it is not a voltage that can be read from a cpu register.

HisN likes this.
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I have no interests in developing monitoring solution supporting mainboard specific sensors. Supporting it for just a few selected mobo models is not hard, but to provide working solution for everyone it requires supporting each possible mainboard chipset (to provide sensor access interface) and each sensor model itself. It is huge combo. I don't upgrade my mobos that frequently to develop and test such thing on wide range of hardware. A few years ago after intorducing plugins architecture in Afterburner I offered MSI to license HwInfo core to integrate it in AB and provide mainboard sensors there, but they found requested licensing price way to high for that and decided that they can live fine without such sensors.
    If you want it that badly, you have the same option to purchase that license yourself and share it with community, then I'll gladly attach it to OverlayEditor. But it will cost you a few thousand euro each year.

HisN likes this.
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Cannot confirm that, overlays are loaded properly on the fly and changes are reflected immediately here. Take a note that overlays can only be loaded from local .\Plugins\Client\Overlay folder. Attempt to load them from external folder will fail resulting in empty overlay, probably that's your case.

HisN likes this.

5. HisN

HisN Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I guess its exactly the case with not loading the Overlay.
    And thank you for clarifying the vcore-case.