13.9k in 3dm03 with 6800GT

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by targett, Aug 11, 2005.

1. targett

targett Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 256mb
    http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1392034jg.jpg

13923 3Dmark03 points

system:
    3700+ SD
    Abit AV8 (limiting factor in many ways, cant run over 270HTT 1:1)
    Geil ONE TCCD.
    POV 6800GT
    zalman 7700Cu
    stock cooler for the card.
    stock bios, no volt mods.

card isnt maxed out yet, pulled the ram timings to tight and got a lot of errors, so gave up for the night.

cards good for 420/1170 so hoping for 14k soon

thanks to steven @ Geil.

targ

2. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    Very nice, I can't get even 12k with this. You don't have much higher clocks, so your CPU gives a lot of boost.

5400 in 05 for me. However I get like 47k in AM3, that benchmark sucks.

I've seen people running this card on 450/1200 but I think I don't need so much, it's just fine on ultra.

BTW I've studied the paging file, have you optimized it, and if you have, does it change things much?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  3. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    damn 13900 nice! My max on my old pny 6800gt was 13753 running at 435/1180 I think. No volt mods or any other mods done, only a artic silencer on top too cool the thing down. That score was with my p4 at 3.6. I think if I had pushed it to 3.8 I could have broken 14 k but whatever I done it refused to be stable on air cooling at 3.8 (damn prescotts lol :rolleyes: )

Hope you get 14k!

4. targett

targett Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 256mb
    no, im yet to optimize windows at all yet, just fresh install, install benching programs, defrag.

so going back to it, ive got quite a lot more to get out of it i feel.

we'll see ;)
    targ

P.S. heres my best AQM3 atm...
    using the same rig, except card at 410/1100 so got a lot more to come i hope, maybe 85k.
    http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=270x10sd410by11005cy.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005

5. Marc_ellis

Marc_ellis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 GT GS @ 410 1152
    I take it you flashed the bios in the card to change the timings and not some software done through windows? I aint got the bulls to do that :p

6. the_jerboa_king

the_jerboa_king Master Guru

GPU:
    9600GT
    Sweet score, the highest I've got is 12,7xx clocked at 440/1.16 I think... Damn I wanna faster processor!

7. targett

targett Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 256mb
    nope, as you can see, stock bios. no mods hard or soft.

all as NV intended, just overclocked and tweaked. :D

all the overclocking on the card was done through coolbits, and the cpu clock was set in the bios, and then tweaked in windows as well as the ram timings.

targ

8. jack47

jack47 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800XT
    With your PC is this not a big Problem to get this Score.
    OC a littele bit more:D
    PEaCE

9. targett

targett Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 256mb
    quite agree, i was pleased as this score came from about 20mins benching, 14-14.2 is my aim. but the board really limits progress :(

270 is soo low considering i have TCCD capable of 300+mhz 2.5-3-3-7.

ah well, got a DFI and Mach 2 GT coming soon ;)

targ

10. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    niiiice! Just a quick word of warning, you will most likely have to flash the dfi's bios befroe it will work. (I had to) so don't worry if you turn everything on and it doesn't run first time.

The stock bioses seem to have a problem with ram of any kind.

11. jack47

jack47 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800XT
    Your Signature Rock's[​IMG]

12. targett

targett Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 256mb
    thanks... tis pretty much true, except. the bit betweent the two buy's should be, work 60hr weeks to afford to buy. :(

Xaser04, thanks, but ill be getting a second hand one from a mate, see above as to y.

cheers guys, hope to have 14k for u soon.

targ

13. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    Hmm, sorry for off-topic but I wouldn't like to do a separate thread, and since there isn't any talking before Targett comes up with new scores, I'd like to ask something.

Tests ran with 77.77, however same with 77.74

3Dmark 05

5259 points with unneeded programs stopped (AV, MSN messenger...)
    5311 points with programs on

After tweaking the pagingfile and unneeded programs on
    5330 points

How come the score goes down when there is less programs running that use CPU and Ram? CPU score acted normally though. So did 3D mark 03. And I read somewhere that pagingfile tweaking doesn't affect synthetic benchies. In 3D mark 03, I got my new record after I tweaked the pagingfile, 20p more than without, and that was with all unneeded programs on, and the previous record with same drivers and no unneeded programs. When I ran the test again, without the programs, I got less points, but all test before had gone up after I stopped the unneeded programs. I don't get this, synthetic benchies are way over my brains' capabilities.

And a reminder, I did all the tests many times to check that it isn't some random bug.

And little advertising, I got over 4fps more in Doom3 after tweaking the pagingfile.

EDIT: and the CPU scores in 05, are VERY strange too. For some reasion, the CPU score raised pretty much when I upgraded the Videocard drivers. That doesn't affect CPU, does it? It can't. I had almost the same thing with my laptop 6 months ago.

77.77 drivers, unneeded programs off.
    3130 CPU points.
    With programs

My record before those was 2515, and that's with 100mhz more OC. And now, I can't reach even 2600 points anymore, that was just the one time. However on my laptop the score raised permanently. Tomshardware's CPU charts show that 2800+ Barton get's 3138 points, so my record is what it should be. But why it changed, and why I can't reach it again...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  14. Amakusa07

Amakusa07 Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GeForce 7800GTX
    Is that high? What would my computer score?

15. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    OMG, 3.4ghz AXP??? Holy... That's just super. Sure it isn't a typo?

Pretty hard to say what's right, because you can't compare it, there isn't 3.4ghz AMD's, and it doesn't have the same technology even if there was. But I think you mean 2.4ghz, right?

So... 2.4GHZ is the 4000+, but well, your's has only 256kb L2 cache, right? And it misses all the fancy SSE and MX things, whatever they are. I'd think it matches 3400+, that's just a guess though. Maybe a bad one.
    http://www23.tomshardware.com/index.html?modelx=33&model1=60&model2=66&chart=19
    There's 4000+ and 3400+, you can change the CPU's too.
    And it also depends, do you have FSB over 200?

And my score, the highest, is right for what I should get according to this Tomshardware's chart.

16. bbvdd2

bbvdd2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 960 WHITE SLI
    Nice score.
    Try some OS tweaks by shutting down all unnecassary services and I mean ALL. I've also noticed turning virtual memory off can give a slight boost especially with 2GB RAM.