13.1 Reloaded driver for legacy users...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kevsamiga1974, Jan 28, 2013.

1. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Don't think much I can do much about that without sacrificing too much gains.

NET4 broadcast error and profile lists is more important to fix.

It's difficult to find one version of CCC that works correct in all cases for each and every card without some weird bugs.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    yes, I agree would be wasting time for more important things. I didin't even use fan controll........only to let you know my feedback.

Did you ever try to use .Net 4.5 to see if problems resolves with it ??

3. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I'm not seeing any NET4 error anymore since the CCC and atidemgy.dll is now completely different (Windows 8 x64 professional)

If you need an idea the included CCC is close to how 12.1 CCC behaves in 11.12HB relatively bug free but not the same version obviously since there was no matching atidemgy to allow windows 8 use for that.

4. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    OK, all clear.

If problems (but I don't think I will have problems), make you know my feedback.

Thanks for all

5. Useless

Useless Member

GPU:
    1070 Ti - QX2710
    so.. Kev....

I wonder to know if for us Windows 8 user it would be better to install the 11.12HB in compatibility mode Windows 7 or this one.
    because there is choice here: a driver with full functionality or a driver with half functionality a prefer a driver with full functionality also I don't care if I have to use "TS" or "DSE" you do it only once at installing the driver that's all. but a driver that is working in must of applications as possible. I like to have h/a in my FF
    I'm using your 11.12HBr9 in my windows 8 and I don't see what this one can afford me... some bench's between both of then in Windows 8 needed... not because of performance I careless but because functionality...

6. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    I've thought about installing those as well. I've read around that the legacy drivers offer less performance and I honestly don't mind booting PC in with DSE disabled as booting windows 8 without DSE is very easy, however I don't know if installing unsupported drivers would cause any problems or if they even work at all :\

7. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well...there are no specific Windows 8 inf's for 11.12HB and it's not possible to make one without the silly Windows 8 x64 driver signing issues.

But for anyone interested you start off with changing the NTamd64.6.1 entries to NTamd64.6.2 and figure it all out from there.

I never supported Windows 8 to work in 11.12HB simply because the official drivers back then don't support it either, and anything might happen.

8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Kev I think I may have come up with a way to bypass our problems with INF modding. When it's done I will upload it here. Before I start, what changes would you like to see in the inf ?

13.1 Legacy Reloaded (Version #)
    Support For Third Party Overclocking Tools

9. karnasw

karnasw Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7850 2GB
    Hi guys, I see that your drivers are getting better and better. I have one question, have you try to fix problem with modern apps that streaming audio and video like camera app, youtube player, tvn player ipla(polish players)?

Thanks for your work.

10. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    I have just tried these drivers and I still have the Camera App isn't compatible with version of Windows message, so if that's what you get than it isn't fixed, but it still is awesome drivers, I just switched back to dellon132 12.11 Beta as it doesn't show the message and I still get better performance. If you don't mind having test mode enabled, than I suggest you to try them.

11. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    Also I just tried the youtube app and those other drivers work for it too!

12. Cipao

Cipao Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon
    Driver 12.11 B11 Beta 5 from dellon132 are efficient, but they will not work on hardware acceleration in Firefox and Opera.

13. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    Yeah I guess I never noticed as I use Chrome and Explorer, but yeah I just wished AMD and Windows 8 would get the drivers working correctly with our cards. It shouldn't be up to us to get them working!

14. Cipao

Cipao Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon
    Of course, that Chrome everything is OK because this browser has a built-in flash, the same IE.

15. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    What is weird is just trying firefox and installing flash through their downloader and the only problem I have is slowdowns when playing flash video in Windowed mode not fullscreen. This issue happens also on Internet Explorer and sometimes Chrome on both drivers, I think it's flash issue, I downgraded once to 11.2 and videos played at full speed. This doesn't work though with Internet Explorer as the built in one can't be deselected. If you point me in a site where the issue is, I can try it with the 11.2 flash player because youtube is working fine with it in HD!

16. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Your right, but in these years there are to much applications, apps, browsers, games, etc. that have to work, so making something good for ones means making bad for others and you have to even consider that one driver has to be good for all cards (single and in crossfire) and then even these apps, flash, ect. has own bugs to be fixed. We can even blame AMD, but it's not a simple thing to do.....even nvidia has his headachs to cure......but another thing is even right.....things are not simple to do if there are no guys like ken in these companies to try making things go better.

17. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    Yeah exactly. It's good to see that we have such good developers here that can fix so many issues.:)

18. Joe 69

Joe 69 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 1GB
    Don't make confusion with driver problems and connection speed/quality of your internet connection: sometimes you don't got full speed not for bad drivers but for bad internet speed. Green video or crashes are dude to the drivers. Also to install new upgrade of flash you have to disinstall the old one and than install the new one to have a clean install.

19. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    I have tried it multiple it isn't due to a slow connection and yes you do need to uninstall the other version of flash but if you get 11.2 drivers from flash, you can use them on Firefox (not sure about opera) and they work a lot better than the 11.6 that we are on now. I heard it is due to the protected mode that adobe implemented since 11.3. I even rigged it to work on the desktop version of Internet explorer, but had to go back because the modern version wouldn't play flash correctly.

20. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    The only green crap I had was a few months ago and with both kevsamiga1974 and dellon132 drivers, I haven't had any issues. Anyways sorry for taken this off track, if you need any help testing any drivers just let me know.