125w Phenom 965 running dirt 2 @ 4.46ghz

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Titan7170, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Titan7170

Titan7170 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290XT 4gb
  2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Sweet don't see much phenoms at that speed

air/water?

3. magicdave26

magicdave26 Banned

GPU:
    S-HD 5770 1GB 1000 / 1400
    Cool, but the video quality is bad, so we can not see how smooth it looks, I can see the FPS so I know its pretty smooth, just the video makes it looks jumpy and slow

Make a HQ vid ?

4. Titan7170

Titan7170 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290XT 4gb
    yea I need a better video camera.......soon Ill be getting an HD camera so.....but for now this is it.

5. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    lovely.....

6. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    you can use Fraps or any other Screen Capturing app.

7. psybersoma

psybersoma Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1850
    4.46Ghz OC?? Holy Hell!!

I have the same mobo as you, but a Phenom II 955. The highest I can get mine to is 4Ghz and that's if the ambient air temperature in the living room where the machine is is below 60F.

I've got a Koolance Exos2 watercooler and it does seem to work, but I can't OC past 3.9Ghz and maintain stability if the ambient air temp is 70+F.

Perhaps if I set the machine outside in these below freezing temps we're having in Texas lately, I can maybe get it up to 4.2Ghz... But that's not practical..

I guess once the 975 comes out in the next few months I'll upgrade to it and shoot for an over 4Ghz OC with ambient room temps with water cooling..

8. Karnage3099

Karnage3099 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970
    nice vid man.....I should have you come over and overclock mine :p

9. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    wow you must of won the lottery with a cpu! sorry but I think your full of cow dung hehe

10. Titan7170

Titan7170 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290XT 4gb
    If this is for me, I got something for you....

You thinking Im full of cow dung is just an opinion, but heres a thread full of fact http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=309394

My results of what Ive done with this cpu..........So you know where you can stick that cow dung now right? do it slow ok? lol

11. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Second time

kind of cooling did you use?

12. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    @ Kylzer. He's on H2o.

Cheers.

13. Titan7170

Titan7170 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290XT 4gb
  14. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Ya I watched that sad bs video and no proof at all... I say COW DUNG again and know this I could make a video and show my system boot and flash up a cpuz id at 4.2 but NOT STABLE ! You crack me up and if thats true I must have the most biggest 955be x4 trash cpu in the world that runs stock at 3.8ghz and is not stable past that with prime 95 over 1 hour. Show me that video! lol that video did not even show a post of speed or anything. I KNOW I have and say again your FULL OF IT ! lol Btw I got 3 other friends with 955x4's and one with 965 x4 be and naw man no way dude. I would kiss your ass if you could get a 965be x4 to 4.4ghz on h2o or air.

15. Titan7170

Titan7170 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290XT 4gb
    how about 4.3ghz?.......or 4.4ghz?........how about 4.5ghz?...........can you atart your computer at 4.6ghz??

The only person who is laughing is me at you you are wondering how to do it......but you are fail...lol

too bad yours isnt stable......you prolly dont know what you are doing:nerd:

4ghz cinebench at stock voltage

[​IMG]

4.1ghz validation at stock voltage

[​IMG]

load

[​IMG]

Idle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4.6ghz validated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

moron

[​IMG]

heres 4.3ghz 30 minutes prime for a contest I entered........Im done with you now Ive done to much with this cpu to waste my time with someone who has no idea lol.

[​IMG]

16. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    holy cow 1.65 volts ? That cpu is going to fry soon thats crazy voltage anyways good luck with it :) Oh btw amd says anything over 1.55 volts can internally damage the 955/965 be x4's. Just letting ya know and they should know what they are talking about since they make the cpu. I will stay happy stock voltage at almost 3.9ghz myself.

17. Titan7170

Titan7170 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290XT 4gb
    Been running at 1.58v since I got it for the 4.2ghz I run for 24/7

it's not the voltage it's the heat that damages the CPU, mines running
    34c idle 52c load on water. All extreme tests were run with ice water 9c idle 21c load with prime.

What's funn is there's all this advice about how a CPU gets damaged wig high voltage but no one actually does the tests and results. I got this CPU in November and it was lapped and getting high voltages since, no problems yet. I did the same with my 140w 965 for 6 months and it's still going stronng

been icing since 02 and haven't damaged a CPU yet even with 1.68v and temps at 8c

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  18. psybersoma

psybersoma Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1850
    I concur.. I've done ice cooling as well with my Koolance rig. It does make a difference and I was able to get my 955 to 4.1Ghz.

I do have a Thermaltek chilling unit that I got last year and it will keep the water quite cold, but the cooling fans are loud like a HP Proliant Server and it only stays cold if the ambient air temp is lower than 60F.

Someone needs to come up with a water cooling unit that compact and uses a refrigeration system to keep the coolant very chilly, and yet doesn't cost more than the damn rig you've got built. The ones that I have found are close to $1000 or more.

19. Titan7170

Titan7170 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290XT 4gb
    sometimes you can find them second hand for $300-400 similar like prometia units.....the thing is they sound like a fridge when the compressor comes on and I dont think I want that noise constantly around me. so I went water instead........plus you have to use that gel on the pins and that goes into the socket its a bit messy for an every day rig especially if you want to sell the parts later on.

20. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Nice one, I believe ya. Got a Phenom 9550 to 3.1Ghz on air, only stays stable for about 30 mins of heavy use then I get a BSOD. But what your doing sounds like a fun project. For a really cold system you'd need an AC Compressor, A/C Condensers, A/C Evaporators, & Driers, plus the R-134a(refrigerant). It would be loud & messy since when you compress & cool air it draws out the moisture in it. WOuld love to see one though.