11.8b, opengl beta, 11.8 official

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by maxstep, Aug 17, 2011.

1. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 U + LG CX
    Hey comrades.
    6990+6970 triple eyefinity
    Cod Black Ops - they changed something in these recent drivers and I get INSANE flicker :bang:
    Even menu where the character is being interrogated hellishly flickers, especially light sources.
    If I disable the 6970 via CCC flicker disappears but fps drops to laggish 10-15 fps. Weird because I usually get the max allowed 91 fps.
    I tweeted :banana: catalystcreator but he is silent.
    Does anybody else suffer from this?
    I always do proper reinstall with cleaners formal winsat restart and so on.
    11.7 cap3, although cap1 and cap2 exhibit the same behaviour.
    Does anybody else suffer from this?
    What to do?
    Who to cry in ATI because so far it seems like I will be stuck with 11.7 till I can afford new videocards
    Overclock/ no overclock produces the same results.
    Please help me guys..

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Rollback to previous driver:nerd:

3. kpo6969

kpo6969 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Or wait and see if an 11.9 preview is in the works.

4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Since I updated to 11.8 I randomly see green symbols and letters falling down the screen.... oh wait... that's the Matrix

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I use the 11.8 opengl 4.2 driver and no issues in Blops zombie mode.

6. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 U + LG CX
    serp202 - not a solution, the only option I had and did
    kpo66969 - good idea, do you know any effective means of supplying AMD with feedback?
    pokerapar88 - ... lay off whatever you take
    abjectblitz - as I suspected, I think issue only affects triple gpu setups (maybe quads too)

7. andersbrile

andersbrile New Member

GPU:
    HD 6990 Quad
    I have the same thing using HD 6990 quad. Insane flickering.

8. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 U + LG CX
    I knew that! They screwed it up on 3+ gpus. Damn..
    Man, report it to ATI as I did. They won't fix it unless we raise a storm. NO driver updates would suck incredulously.

9. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    Why do you even care? Triple for Black Ops? Can get 80 FPS @ 1080p with 4xMSAA on even a laptop with that game!

Ludicrous!

10. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 U + LG CX
    ziddy ziddy.. man
    If I may quote
    AND
    I play in triple eyefinity 7680x1600 with 4xaa.
    Please post only relevant remarks and/or inquiries.
    And please complain to AMD with feedback.

P.S. Ludicrous!

11. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    http://www.amd.com/us/CatalystCrewSurvey

put 11.7's atiumdag.dll in the game folder & see if it works again

it's probably that performance boost mentioned in the notes that has affected rare setups like yours

various issues seem to arise out of eyefinity+CF since both of those are much more complicated than a single card on a single monitor

12. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    Nope. I won't complain. Triple CF for BlackOps seems retarded to me. What a waste of money. And really couldn't care less if you can't get it to run on triple eyefinity. There are far more important things for AMD to fix I think.

Can't even get OpenGL to work with Photoshop right which affects far more people than the few who take gaming as their life as yourself.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    people keep talking about the photoshop issue & i keep saying, put the known working dll into ps's folder to see if it fixes it (atioglxx 32bit, atio6axx 64bit)

as long as there's a workaround, everything's fine right?

that said, i havent needed to try that since the most recent drivers work for me on 4870x2, CS5.5

14. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 U + LG CX
    Every hardware company strives for enthusiasts and world records, for they represent the aforementioned company. Multiple GPU crossfire and eyefinity is the best AMD has to offer. I tried eyefinity back in the release, running quad 5970. Nothing worked for a year, at best one-two GPUs worked. Know what fixed it? Feedback and complaints by enthusiasts. There is nothing more important for AMD to fix than its flagship products. It’s beyond ridiculous that they don’t even seem to test eyefinity on triple and quad gpus. Thousands in dollars in video cards and close to ten grand in screens. So yeah, I demand that it will work correctly especially on such an overwhelmingly popular game.
    You don’t even know you pious hater ziddy. Don’t be so jealous. Gaming isn’t my life, but I do expect it to work when I have little time to play. Photoshop they don’t advertise much. Eyefinity and multi gpu they advertise EVERYWHERE. The combination of quad gpus and multiple screens is the best AMD has to offer, their flagship. Considering the cost they should really provide flawless experience. They will do it someday, I respect and value AMD as a company, but only if we provide them with necessary feedback.

Kn00tcn, thank you very much for that link.

15. zpaf

zpaf Active Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    @maxstep
    You have the same issues with one monitor ?

16. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 U + LG CX
    zpaf, thank you for replying.
    unfortunately yes. even if I unplug the screens physically and reboot

17. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    @Ziddy123 I think you came on the wrong forum to get butthurt about other people having a better computer than yours.

you have to understand we're enthousiast, we're like the people who hand build 1200hp 70's corvettes. is it usefull ? or even practical ? maybe not, but still they don't care to put hundreds of thousands of bucks into those just to cruise around and listen to the noise of the engine.

guess what, there's people here with SR-2 mobo, dual I7 extreme edition, quad 580 and 24gig of ram, 3000w PSU and enought cooling for a small nuclear power plant.

appart from maybe a couple benchmarks, any game could ever make such a computer break a sweet

waste of money you say ? no, just our favorite kind of pr0n ;)

[​IMG]
    (does somebody have a kleenex pls ??)