11.8 CAP 2 - Deus Ex

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GrandMax, Aug 24, 2011.

1. EN[joi]DK

EN[joi]DK Active Member

GPU:
    msi 1060 6GB
    11.8 preview + cap2 working flawless! nice job

2. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    11.7 preview driver + 11.8 cap2 and both gpus @ anywhere from 60-90% depending on scene.

3. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    yep all good here.....:)

4. Diablow

Diablow Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 6970 pcs+
    I had 41 fps in a street of hengsha constantly.Then I flagged the exe with CFF explorer (app can handle more then 2 gb) then I had 74 fps (vsync off).Can someone test this too ?

5. lenne

lenne Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    11.8 + cap 2 absolutely smooth :) first game ever which worked right out of the box...

6. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    Damn! We have the same cards and we're using the same drivers and the same CAPs but my GPUs are only at 50% usage each (CFX not working), my FPS is around 40 and it should be higher, and I have some minor stuttering.

7. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    Get the same trouble with a 6850 and cat 11.6 no CAP installed and patch 1.1.622
    Not sure that the latest CAP introduced this bug

8. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    did u know that with the new CAP I cant take screenshots using Steam! All screenshots are Black screens! no one noticed?

9. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Seriously im glad of the fps i got.. last official driver + 11.8 CAP2

1920x1080 All maxed in game setting, FXAA to high . ( SSAO etc enabled )

( 1min gameplay only, as if you open the tab or just get a animation, you go to 999fps without v_sync )
    min: 114fps , max : 159fps , average: 136.875 fps ( first mission )

Different places: ( if im right when return to the base )

min: 109fps , max: 171fps , average: 127.999fps

Are you sure it come from the CAP ? cause Steam have been updated at same time, the game have been updated too on Steam... ( i don't say it is not, but as i never use Steam screenshots i have not test )

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  10. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    I have flickering on the security cameras footage..

11. lenne

lenne Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 GTX Gainward
    I think this minor stuttering appears for everyone running the dx9 render path, i have to admit that i didnt look at the gpu usage because it seemed really smooth so i didnt have a look at all cfx deffo works, the cfx logo appears.

12. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    hm...dx9 is bad...low performance and no scaling on cfx...

new driver is needed...or newer profile...dx11 on the other hand is epic...

13. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well the logo isn't trustworthy. I'm curious as to your GPU usage (with CCC AI on advanced). The game is quite smooth for me as well, just some stuttering now and then but nothing too bad.

14. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    i tried to run the game on my 4870x2 and i confirm DX:HR DX9 crossfire profile isn't working, tried to rename the .exe to TRU.exe but done nothing...

shouldn't be too surprised coming from AMD, but for once they moved their butt to make a profile for a game the day it's released, they could have dragged it a bit further and make one for DX9 too...

if i was conspiracy theorist i would say it's a lame attempt to make people throw their still perfectly good hardware to enjoy the most awaited PC game of the decade ;)

AUGMENTATION IS EVIL !! :p

15. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    4870x2 guys...sorry but dx9 isn't the future and by the time hd7000 are coming fast...4000 series must go for recycling or garbage...end of it's life...

hd5000,hd6000.hd7000 are all dx11 from now on...DEUS EX was a clear message

16. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    More like a clear scam yeah !

My 4870x2 maybe not the future, but DX:HR engine neither to say the least.
    I fail to see how it was such a clear message it's time to move on to DX11 cards as it's still not the first game to be DX11 only...

hell, my good ol' X2 even run crysis 2+hd texture pack in 1920x1200 at 60fps in extreme minus 1 detail in very high.

you may like to change your graphic card every generation to play console port when it's clearly not needed, but then i think it's your brain that need augmentation or a trip in the garbage bin ;)

(and before you brag about your e-peen, look at my config on the right, my ati is in my HTPC :banana:)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  17. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    For single gpu cards u dont need to upgrade that often, but several generations old CROSSFIRE cards, you are just asking for trouble with lack of driver support..especially a exotic solution card like the 4870x2. Heck back thru drivers 10.6 to 10.10 crossfire didnt even work period on any dx9 game. Loved my old 4870x2 but yeh its only as good as the driver support.

18. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Totally agree. The old 4870x2 is still a beast, though it lacks DX11. I especially agree concerning this game, that has graphics that looked like they are from a time preceding the release of 4870x2 by a few years. In other words, this is definately not a game to upgrade your GFX card for.

As for driver support, I count myself as one of the lucky ones that usually had/have no problems with CFX. I don't see it as a conspiracy that AMD is purposefully trying to fade out DX9 and 4xxx cards; it's natural that older products recieve less attention. I also don't think that anything related to DX9/10 is being faded out as most games today don't even support DX11, though devs are slowly getting their act together and there are more DX11 titles than used to be.

19. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    i was kinda joking about the AMD conspiracy, but in a way it's kinda true when u think about it.

most of the thing DX11 had is sublte but heavy details, like tesselation and soft shadows, lot of people got a DX11 capable card, but still struggle when those on, so they step back to DX9 to be able to max the others details. (most people did on metro 2033 and even on crysis 2)

so when you try to run it DX11 and it stutter, then get back to DX9 and still have the same effect (on a crossfire mind you), lot of people would think their card can't cope up anymore if they don't look at their GPU utilisation.

now how many of us would have upgraded just to play this game ? a lot i am sure.

so maybe we'll get a DX9 profile sometime later, but meanwhile AMD would have sold quite a bunch of cards ;)

20. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

Im getting little stuttering with this game, especially when moving mouse around, my settings are DX 11 on, 1600*900 , Antialiasing FXAA medium, Post Processing On, Shadows off, Filter Tril-linear, SSAO-off, V-SYnc-On, Tripple Buffering On....

And my Gpu usage stays @ max 34-37%, and the i selected DX 9 mode and restarted the game it shows some error... Any idea im on catalyst 11.8 WHQL Windows 7x64...

[​IMG]