11.10 WHQL and CAP4 BF3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by geeunit, Nov 3, 2011.

1. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    on ultra with my system specs and msaa = 0x i getting around 80fps but quite often i get 1fps so i thought it might be not having enough vram
    so i lowered quality settings to "high" and i still get this drop (but less often) but i mean one sec i can be 80fps and the very next "instant" 1fps then back to 80fps

what is causing this?
    btw im in 1080P with the settings mentioned above

2. Aioras

Aioras Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    With my system I´m around 70-80Fps, on heavy combat with 64 players the worst peak I´ve seen trough Afterburner was 56Fps.

Vram is being used at full and I´m not suffering from shuttering at all. I play at 1080p with all ultra, blur off, 2XMSAA and post low.

All this with 10.11WHQL+Cap4 of course.

3. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    im using same cards, make sure if your forcing vsync turn off tripple buffering in d3doverrider. drop shadows to medium, turn off win7 aero. see if that helps at all.

4. methanol88

methanol88 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 5850+sapphire 5970
    Same issues untill i disabled Hyperthreading. Now fantastic performance @ 1080p ultra at cat 11.10P3 and cat4

5. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    well cant be hyperthreading issue since he is using 1090T, although im starting to think the 1090T is getting too slow. i bought mine over a year ago, starting to show its age. cpu, chipset refresh, and faster cards then 6870's would be best boost. 1st quarter next year should have some good stuff worth upgrading

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  6. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    Have you tried just installing the driver with no CAP? See what happens.

7. geeunit

geeunit Master Guru

GPU:
    intel 4500mhd
    im about ready to jump back in and play a few hours with some different settings you all mentioned above.

btw the cpu is more then enough for this game

there have been ALOT or reviews with benchmarks even showing VERY fast dual cores will not bottleneck the fps if you have good video cards

the game is heavily GPU dependent and my cards only have 1GB ram so that prob is taking some kind of effect.

i definately will keep defered AA off and i might try turning down that post processing to.

8. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
  9. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    This issue is at the streaming engine doesn't really matter what you put on the graphics quality really the jump is caused by loading from PCIe bus. Don't get me wrong the core
    problem is at driver, but it's on error correction code of the AMD latest and greatest.

o and it doesn't matter if you would have 15 gigs on your GPU, lol.

10. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    This isnt really true, a slower cpu will always bottleneck you in large mp maps.
    I just went from a q6600 @ 3.6 to a 2600k @ 4.5.. and the difference in mp is like night and day. On caspian 64p id get like 30-40fps looking towards the centre of map on full server, on the 2600k i get 60fps+ now. (HT off etc)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

11. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Try set the textures to high and MSAA to a maximum of 2x.

Restart the game.

Solved