11.10 and Windows Experience Index

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dxmc4, Nov 5, 2011.

1. dxmc4

dxmc4 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7870 OC
    I installed the 11.10 update this week and my Windows Experience Index score for desktop performance for Aero features plummeted from 5.9 to 5.1, although my score for gaming graphics stayed the same at 6.6.

I've had this computer for 2 years and installed every update and this has never happened before. No previous update has caused any change in the Experience Score until now.

I rolled back to 11.9 and re-ran the assessment and the score went back to 5.9.It seems puzzling that only the Aero performance score has changed while the gaming graphics score is fine.

I also found that when I uninstalled 11.10 in order to roll back the uninstaller stalled while uninstalling CCC.

I am running Win 7 Home Premium(x64) with a mobility Radeon HD 4650. I would really appreciate it if someone could explain what the problem might be.Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. expandables

expandables New Member

GPU:
    ati moble radeon 512mb
    My score went from 5.1 to 5.0

3. panaghoy88

panaghoy88 Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 560 1 GB DDR5
    Well I did not run Windows Experience Index when I installed 11.10 but I did have problems playing DXVA videos. It could be that windows detected that this driver is not playing videos well hence the lower score. Are you having problems playing youtube videos? I have problems with the 11.10 drivers. Youtube videos are solid green.

4. Redial

Redial Member

GPU:
    Ati 6990
    lol @ people who care about windows experience.

5. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    The windows experiance index isnt very reliable for proper testing of your Pc. i would suggest running something like 3dmark and compare the scores from that to other people with similar setups.

6. dxmc4

dxmc4 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7870 OC
    Thanks for those responses. I haven't noticed any unusual graphics problems and while I know Windows Experience scores can be iffy it always concerns me when something abruptly changes in the system. Numerous previous updates didn't cause any problems so for now I think I'll hold on to 11.9 untill the next update gets released and then try again.

7. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Better stick with 11.9 WHQL or the latest 11.10 Preview driver, but not 11.10 WHQL.
    Something is just wrong with that set when installed under a clean installation.
    I have the same errors described by panaghoy.

8. SwissCh33z3

SwissCh33z3 New Member

GPU:
    AMD/Sapphire R9/290 Ref
    problem solved..

easy fix for that pesky wei rating that doesnt seem to agree with you..:banana:

[​IMG]

my aero and gaming graphics stayed at 7.7 from 10.8 to 10.10 oct 25th driver.... ---> 8.911-111025a-127481E-ATI

*update*
    scores for aero/gaming went to 7.8 after re-running wei w/ drivers listed above..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011