101.41 Is Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BigKaboom2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. raulramos

raulramos Member

GPU:
    Point of View GTX470

Me to. but this time only can run D3D games for the first time i install this drivers. Next times i have the screen corrupted problem all the time. OpenGL games works fine, tested in Quake 4.

UAC disable Vista

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  2. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Anybody else kind enough please report if they are on a 7 series card and still cannot save contrast settings??

3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    glad to hear source is faster for you, however mines not!

CS:S

XP: 205 fps

Vista: 148 fps

i'm on x86 Vista Ultimate, maybe thats the problem for source. 32bit vs 64bit ?

4. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    148!?!??!! im getting 80, stop whining would ya? 70 is enough your eye doesnt need more.

I like this driver.. I just think that media Player visuals are doing better (less lagg) and minimizing to taskbar is doing smoother.. overall Aero is doing smoother.. Dunno about games, except Source engine which is doing better..

from me..

5. Elfa-X

Elfa-X Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    I know I'll get Hate for this, but I run everything at 2560x1600 and haven't had any hickups on any games with any of the vista drivers thus far. Everything seems to run smooth as a baby's bottom. dunno, maybe I just lucked out.

6. hmav23

hmav23 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS 512mb
    I dont remember having problems with drivers when XP came out..........

7. Sharoth

Sharoth Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2080 OC
    Then you weren't there. Simple as that.

8. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    wait are all of you dudes running Vista?
    Is this only a vista driver?

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    whinning, STF man. you obliviously missed the point!

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    yes ;)

11. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    found one good thing so far with these drives CALL OF JUAREZ shadow bug IS FIXED and a playable frame rate,ive got something to do till we get some more drives released.Vinnie should be glad to hear this.

and where are the 101.32 they talk about in the description of the news update ,i would like to try those too.

12. furryappleseed

furryappleseed New Member

GPU:
    8800gts 320m 576/1700
    sorry if this has been said but these wont even install on my comp. A message telling me i dont have vista installed. I didnt have this problem with any of the 100.xx drivers(even though they said they installed, i saw nothing in the device manager, my res was capped at 1280x1024, and my aero was disabled). I have almost stopped using vista altogether. And yes as someone said before, thank god for dual boot.

13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Do you happen to have alot Display errors with DreamScene?

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

like when i am surfing alittle with internet explorer on maximize screen and after awhile if i minimize it or close it i have black screen with fast white fuzz like tv without signel and it freezes, flashes and reactiving the driver with the error msg.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

it can sometimes take 3 flashes to get back from the black screen, saying everytime the display has been recoverd.

14. hmav23

hmav23 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS 512mb
    yeah I was! I had a Geforce 3 LOL

I never had any problems with xp when it first came out... EXCEPT for those " This cannot run under win NT" dialog boxes...

My card got a 4.6 score on Vista when I first installed it in Jan... and it slowly went down to 4.0.... with every driver realeased... but it went up to 4.1 with this driver....

15. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    did you try to install from the device manager? force that install,had that problem before and it worked in vista.

16. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    every time i boot into Vista dream Scene crashes and recovers. after 2 or 3 times its all good, lol

17. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    not sure if I should install these, anyone having problems on a 7800GT and vista x64?

18. hmav23

hmav23 Member

GPU:
    PNY 7600GS 512mb
    dream scene is working fine for me.....

19. GatecrasherX

GatecrasherX Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS o/c
    Among other issues, I get exactly that too, Dreamscene in particular is a complete fail (launching a game while Dreamscene is running causes a hard lock in fact).

Sometimes about 15 mins of stability, other times they stop responding every few mins, even every couple of seconds at times.

Not sure why some of us are getting very bad instability while others seem to have struck lucky (though I'm not convinced we've all suddenly got mass RAM failure as has been suggested :) ).

I'm going to stick with 100.65 till the next driver release, see how that one goes.

20. GatecrasherX

GatecrasherX Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS o/c
    I still have an old 7950 waiting to go on eBay, I can pop that into the system to compare stability if anyone is interested.