101.41 Is Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BigKaboom2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Waffen-5

Waffen-5 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX 768mb
    yep sure does!

2. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    No... I have try and it doesen't work... When i open nvidia control panel the window is empty...

3. Sevens

Sevens Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 112SP
    Do not install this crap, comp suffered 2 bsod's and then when it finally got me to the desktop the refresh rate was stuck at 60hz. Nvidia should really ****off and stop trying alltogether.

4. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 640MB 8800GTS @ 620/900
    Had one driver restart with Holdem but I updated it and it worked fine. Dreamscene works fine and games dont seem to be any slower. Prey seems to go a bit faster.

5. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Forget it! Try ATI Tools beta, OC should be o.k. with this ;)

6. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    What??? You own an 8800 GTX and you are in a hurry for ATI to release their cards??? For what? You gonna upgrade already? You think ATI's DX10 drivers will work fine from day one?
    WHY NOT JUST DUAL BOOT XP/VISTA AND USE XP FOR GAMING FFS?!!!!! (like most reasonable people would do.)

7. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Also, for all you people installing the drivers over the top of the old one's, don't do it! It caused problems on XP, don't do it in Vista.... ....and you wonder why people are having problems???

8. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    The thing is that I haven't had any problems while doing so, neither in XP, nor in Vista. So, I'll just continue to do it, just because it's less time consuming..lol
    But the point here is that yes, some problems might occur while doing that, but the percentage for things going bad are probably very low, most people with problems are just suffering from still not fixed bugs or hardware incompatibility issues.. that's should be fixed soon.
    But yeah, if the problems really occur, the first thing to do would be to do a clean reinstall of video drivers to see that it's not the fault of messy settings..

9. myzar

myzar Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7600gt AGP
    This driver is working fine for me

10. HTF

HTF Member Guru

GPU:
    7900 GTO 700/1600
    Finally a driver that fixes the only issue I have, these work like a charm for me and at last I don't have to change the digital vibrance everytime I reboot. All the driver and vista bashers are just wrong, vista works fine, these drivers work fine, at least on a 7 series card ^^

I do feel sorry for the 8 series owners, personally I am waiting till the 8900s are released before I get one but that is only because I have no money atm. Hopefully Nvidia will have sorted all the problems by then.

11. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x Evga sc GTX 780
    Best Vista driver to date, for me..

My hl2 engine games are now finally on par with what they were in XP (performance wise). I have only tried a few games with these, but have experienced no problems what so ever.

12. musAKka

musAKka New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 768 MB 8800 GTX
    I still have trouble on Splinter Cell: Double Agent [​IMG] Sam is still hollow (same @ 100.65).

I also can't create NVidia system tray icon on Vista. Is there any way to solve these problems?

13. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900

I bet the DX10 cards from ATI just work simple as that, Nvidia have gotten very very sloppy since the 7 series cards, this new control panel isnt helping anything its bloody awful and should be pulled, lets get back to the original control panel.

Infact just thinking about it, i bet you 8800 owners dont get a decent driver until ATI release their cards, so that way Nvidia get to steal a little of ATI's thunder because you'll all be so chuffed at stuff working and working really well that the 8800 will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Lets just see if im right on this one :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  14. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    No atitools 0.27b doesen't work for me!!! It said drivers are unsigned and i cannot see frequency... I have try disable driver signature enforcement with F8 at start but doesen't works too..

15. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I would never have thought that mcrosoft would have been the persons who actually were not to blame but her it is. The hardware manufacturer can't get their sh*t in line.

This is off topic but a printer i bought last year from dell has no vista drivers so I'm forced to print in xp. So lets not blame microsoft....let blame the real culprits; those bastard hardware manufacturers

16. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

Well said....

As for the ATI tools.... Just fired it up..running a OC of 631/1002 ran artifact tester for 10 minutes. GPU got to a steady 86C and remained.....

17. ChaosPhoenix

ChaosPhoenix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GLH 1080GTX
    Can anyone tell me if and how I can control my 8800er gtx's fans? They seem to get hot :<

18. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    JESUS CHRIST GUYS

These are BETA drivers, Nvidia ARE improving their drivers, these have loads of features and bug fixes over the previous ones but have additional problems, once those problems are fixed they will become official released drivers.

Personally Im thankful I get the chance to test out SLI driver in early March rather than having to wait for several weeks to see an official release, and for the most part its been working well. In fact come to think of it, the only games I've had issues with so far are those who I've had issues with in XP, so it's hardly supprising.

19. jrcallan

jrcallan Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8600gts
    Still mo change whatsoever to vsync functionality.

I can't believe Vista would be revamped and screw up something that worked perfectly in XP?? Why can't Nvidia figure a fix for tearing??

20. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a
    drivers work great for me too , vista ultimate 32 bit, 6800GT ultra.
    call of duty was laggy as hell, but all i did was delete my games profile and start again , now the games runs fine.just as good as xp.........i did notice that some games have to be run in administrative mode and some don.t................IE faces of war was very laggy when i just clicked on the game's icon, but by right clicking it and run as admin , the game was just as fast as xp.............

i realy feel sorry for all you guys running 800 cards, realy looks like you got a bum deal..............im just glad ill be going ATI as soon as they are released.
    they can't be any worse than the 800's can they, plus i want a change anyway