101.41 Is Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BigKaboom2, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    As i mentioned earlier, these drivers appear at first to be great..then after time they begin to act up...its just a matter of time before something goes haywire. I thought they were great also, then slowly they began to show otherwise.

if you look around other forums also, many reported as i did said these are great drivers, then came back with BSOD's,driver stopped responding issues etc. I went back to 100.65. And although games don't work as well with it, i have better system stability and reliabilty.

2. Lezziter

Lezziter Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    Well, worked fine for me in every single 3D-application, but ****ed up my displaysettings pretty bad..
    Using a LCD-TV with pixelmapping as secondary display, and with the new drivers sends the signal as 1080i, which makes the TV "convert" the signal to fit it's 1366x768-screen, and it ends up looking all blurred.
    I just can't get my computer to send a normal 1360x768-signal (no conversion the as the TV accepts it as a "non HDTV" signal), it works just fine in 100.64.

3. z4dave

z4dave New Member

I have a Vista rig 2x 8800 GTX SLI

I`ve noticed no difference in drivers since version 100.65 for my SLI
    With any of the newer drivers soon as I load up a Game(WoW, GTR2, Halflife2) it crashes screen freezes, Pretty much immediately or it might stay on but if i try to switch to desktop from the game it crashes.

PC is pretty much not usable with any driver later that 100.59

I use 100.59 only version that is sorta stable

Any body els getting this with 2x 8800 GTX?

4. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    I guess I'm missing something here. I've never messed with DV for either my 7800's or the 8800 and colors have always looked quite excellent to me. Not even remotely close to "washed out." Perhaps you've become accustomed to your non-std settings and can't go back to "normal." Again, colors are fine over here without DV, always have been.

5. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    I can only speak for myself (obviously), played hours and hours on CODUO, COD2, BF2142 and CoH. Zero problems on all, rock steady, have only noted framerates on CODUO and COD2, both markedly up with the 41's.

6. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Just a small update: DreamScene now works properly with this driver.
    The explorer was not responding every time when I've tried to use DreamScene on 100.65.

7. Inuyashian

Inuyashian Active Member

While I do see a performance increase in these drivers, the 81.97 xp drivers installed in compatability mode and as administrator still trump this release.

A plus side though I am seeing a better framerate, a couple months and I may actually be able to use a Vista driver.

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    before we even start a discussion, what video card do you use?

9. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    for me those drivers are great so far. no problems with dreamscene, cp is opening with an instant, and most importantly I got nice boost in all games dx and ogl. Just on the side Test drive unlimited is great and works very nicely with those drivers. Highly reccomended for all 7800GTX users.

10. Stangs55

Stangs55 Member

GPU:
    R9 290X
    Just went back to 100.65...too many BSOD's and random restarts for my liking...

once again, gg nvidia

11. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 640MB 8800GTS @ 620/900
    I swear theres something wrong with your computer and not the drivers. I haven't had a single restart of BSOD on Vista and I've been using vista for at least a month now.

12. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

Thats odd as i was able to control the crashes somewhat with Dreamscene off in .41. Mind you, the problems didnt stop, it just helped some. Either way, im back to 100.65 now and will NEVER look at .41 again...

13. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

Nothing is wrong with his rig... I had the same issues with BSOD's ...since ive built this rig all is rock solid, till 100.41 driver...removed back to 100.65 and BSOD'S gone.... no more driver stopped responding issues, nor more media center issues..... etc.

14. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB

SO somehow you think the world is centered on your presence, I mean yep if your not getting BSOD no one on the planet earth should be, because you are the center of the universe and everything depends on you .:spam2:

15. kabir

kabir New Member

Not being rude to you guys(cause you are busy with BSOD?)...but can you help me with something?i am having difficulties related to vista graphics driver.Every time i uninstall a driver & reatart vista it detects my card everytime & installs a driver (96.85 probably that is by diffault given in vista) before i can stop it....i can not install any driver from scratch.

16. Inuyashian

Inuyashian Active Member

It doesn't matter really just install your driver over it, twice if it makes you feel any better.

17. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    I'm getting BSODs too. It happens for no obvious reason, sometimes when nothing is even happening.

I think I'm gonna format and install nothing, then wait for a BSOD. If nothing happens, I'll install video and wait for a BSOD. Process of elimination is probably the way to go.

18. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Dont bother to uninstall your driver...just instal the new one over top of it. Vista doesn't freak out as XP does installing over the top

19. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

Yeap, them new drivers do that....Go back to 100.65. and if you have dream scene running, shut it off...it helped

20. gregaus

gregaus Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX (x2) SLI
    A MASSIVE imporovement!

Nvidia's not quite there yet, but this driver is a huge jump from the previous one. Finally, FSX can run for a little while without running completely out of memory, and I am getting a frame rate that is slightly respectable. Until now, I was lucky to get 1 frame a second at times before abruptly crashing on my 8800 GTX SLI configuration.