100.65 WHQL, Vista + Geforce 8xxx series.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Roccer, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Critical_Impact

Critical_Impact Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 640MB 8800GTS @ 620/900
    lol, sounds like the opposite of me, i get pretty much no crashes or bsods but I don't get that high fps's :(

2. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    My BF2 and 2142 studders bad , ping is always around 32 so I know its not a lag issue.

I'm starting to think my single core CPU is whats kill'n me , but under XP it was rock solid , oh heck I have no idea whats wrong. I am just hopeing newer sound and video drivers do the trick for me. :bang:

3. Zizzman

Zizzman Member

GPU:
    2 Evga GTX295 Hydro Coppe
    No offense, but DX9 games shoul at least run DECENT by this point. I can't really figure nVidia. They had a lot of time to get ready and they sure as hell took the time to make a DX10 part. I expect problems with a new OS, but frankly, this is crap. SLI doesn't work, DX9 games don't work well and DX10 is nonexistant. FUBAR!

4. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    games that taxed xp will definately not run very well in vista

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    yeap..... complain about DX10 support.... cause we SOOOOOOOO need that. the only DX10 RELATED thing out is the stuff in the SDK and the Cascades demo..... which honestly both run fine. and they DIDN'T have a "lot" of time to get ready. they had probably around 2 months.... since the RTM was released...... and they have three times the amount of driver components to work on in Vista than they had to in XP. in XP they only needed two main driver components: one for DirectX rendering, and one for OpenGL rendering. In Vista they need to create SIX main driver components: DirectX 9 single card rendering, DirectX 9 SLI rendering, DirectX 10 single card rendering, DirectX 10 SLI rendering, OpenGL single card rendering, and OpenGL SLI rendering. You REALLY expect them to be able to churn up a driver for Vista as fast as they could for XP?

as proof of what i've said..... an article that i belive i've posted in at least one or two other threads... containing an interview with the VP of Software Engineering.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=357

and games that were taxed in XP will probably run just the same in Vista once all the crap get's worked out. Vista is more able of handling resources than XP could dream of. Highly suggest reading that interview. Makes me kinda look forward of what SLI will turn into down the road.

6. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    single core causing it..naw your ok with that as even a dual core isn't going to do much help with bf2..but I have the same issue.. very low pings and studders really bad mostly at start of rounds and then C2D's and blue screens alot.. or the C2D with the message "Bf2 had stopped working" LOL WTF!?

7. Zizzman

Zizzman Member

GPU:
    I understand. That is the first time I have really "slipped" and complained. I am looking forward too as I have $1200 invested in two video cards that don't work right now. Maybe if you can't back something up with drivers, don't put the part out. This will all work out eventually. Thanks for the reference.

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    i think you're kinda crazy for even buying two 8800GTX's. First off it's a little early in the game to begin with.... and if things go as they said in that article, there'll be even greater a performance increase with SLI that you might not really get the chance to see. Second, I haven't found a single game i can't run efficiently, and i'm only on an X2 3800+. isn't really any NEED for SLI on the 8800's yet.... cept for maybe GTS's.

9. kh0rn3

kh0rn3 Member

Why is being able to run oblivion in the highest detail with Qarl's texture pack III crazy? My computer laughed at it.

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Who said anything about *need*? Maybe its more about want? Who *needs* a 200mph ferrari that they can only drive at 70mph down the motorway (legally anyway)... I guess u could call that a bottleneck! LOL! :D

11. fcabal_

fcabal_ Member Guru

GPU:
    NX8800GTX 768MB w/ Dell 2407WFP
    Games in Vista

Does anyone know how to install games like Doom 3, Prey and FIFA 07 in Vista? 'cause I wasn't able to do it so far.

In Wikipedia it says the following:

In order to play:

Doom 3 (Requires working OpenGL support)
    Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Requires working OpenGL support)
    Prey (Requires working OpenGL support)

What does "REQUIRES WORKING OPENGL SUPPORT" mean?

Isn't it supported by the driver?

I have 100.64 Nvidia's driver installed.

Please Help!!!! :cry:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  12. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    Elemental Dragon, some people might wanna play Company Of Heroes..........

13. Critical_Impact

GPU:
    fcabal, Prey works if you install the patch, and I'm pretty sure the same applies for Doom 3.

14. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I am running Prey with patch 1.3 and I am still having problems with it.

15. Critical_Impact

GPU:
    That's really weird, I had trouble with it not starting at all, so I updated Direct X to Feb 07 release and updated Prey, installed a umm no-cd(cause its annoying to have to put in the cd every time), ran it, and its been working great :D, mind you its like one of the games that does have a good fps for me :p

16. Zizzman

Zizzman Member

GPU:
    This has been mentioned but, up until I went with Vista, I was very happy running games at 1920x1200 with everything maxed out on XP. SLI does not work in games. HL2, HL2 Episode 1 crashes on a regular basis. Many of the games I play: FEAR, COD2, HL2, Painkiller, MOHAA, FarCry and GRAW play like crap compared to XP. I have another rig that I should have put Vista on to get familiar with it. I am sorry I put it on my main gaming rig.

17. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Turn off UAC or install under admin privies , get the new patch for Doom3 from fileshack and install D3 then the patch 1.3.1 then ROE and crankup the graphics , both run awesome for me with the new patch OpenGL or not!

You MIGHT want to install the patch AFTER ROE if you get an error message , I just switched to 100.65 and had to reinstall the patch again but it plays smooth will full detain on.

100.65 whql??...HA!!

I hope Creative comes through with something better than what Nvidia has been spewing at us!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007