10.8b Hotfix Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dakon, Sep 9, 2010.

1. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    i believe many users here...didnt tried performing a CLEAN install...and previous variables and settings are stuck in there...i dont think ati would lie about it...

try a clean install, use driver sweeper, then use a registry cleaner and you we'll be OK...and dont forget the application profiles...the hotfix doesnt include app profiles...did you forgot anything of above...???

2. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Assus TUF 4090
    If you are playi'n mafia II or bad company 2, then my advice is, stay away from this driver.
    I went from 10.4a with 10.8a approfile and tried this driver. Bad company 2 performance went down approx 50%, the main menu wasn't smooth anymore, and had around 5fps straigt after the loading for about 15 seconds.
    Mafia II: didn't notice any difference.

So looks like I have to stick with the 10.4a driver in the future..

3. bakalu

bakalu Active Member

thank you very much.

My system Q9550+HD4870X2

I have the same problem in Mafia II with 10.8 WHQL + 10.8a approfile.

10.5 WHQL is the best driver for me.

4. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    wow! the 10.8b and whql have been the best for me. BFBC2, L4D2, tmnations, etc have all worked flawlessly. WTF are you people doing to your systems. mostly you dont have stable overclocks. I never have any problems with any of the drivers. quit blaming ati drivers when i bet its your fault your systems sucks from your tweaking. i have triple buffering and v sync enabled at the highest settings with no tearing and very smooth frame rates on my 42 inch lcd at 1080p. oh yeah i increased the ati drivers beyond what the gui can do and in the game settings for the games i play and they are amazing with great frame rates. just do your research and tweak for your system and keep it stable. its not the drivers its you.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol another Ati employee here.

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    pls ban this idiot pls pls

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Good then do us a favor, fix the 15% HDMI Underscan issues and the Dx9 slowdowns on 10.8.

8. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    S**t, is it difficult just to say you have no issues? We are glad for you, but it's not a reason to call us stupid only because we had less luck with our systems than you.

9. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    First reaction was to ask for a ban too :D he pissed me off after the third sentence - guessing im just going to allow these drivers till somebody i recognize gets it working :( i knew these would be a flop

edit: looking back at the thread now, id be booking my next holiday asap if i worked at AMD driver team - so many things need fixes, no wonder this has taken a backseat even though this was supposed to be our fix (right?) Ah well.

10.5a FTW

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  10. Arcobaleno

Arcobaleno New Member

GPU:
    PWC 4870X2
    doesn't work for my 4870x2 :wanker::wanker::wanker:

i'm back to 10.5a again :bang::bang:

ps. sorry my eng bad

11. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I tried the 10.7s on my 5970, GPU-Z showed sli disabled. Went back to 10.4s, sli enabled on GPU-Z again. Does this driver allow 5970s both GPU usage? Thx.

12. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    no i am not an employee of amd/ati. ive been around comps for quite a while. i have just done my research on everything that i have issues with without complaining that its someone elses fault. remember windows sucks. they always have. mostly because of the registry. there should not be a registry. (sorry thats for another forum). alot of the time its also windows and how it responds to the driver. like did you have this issue from a clean install without the driver.
    ati said they fixed the 4870x2 issue which they didnt in 10.8b. but i found an easy work around that allows it to work. im sure you can to without complaining. or buy a 360 or ps3 or whatever. :) we all have different pc's but the software is alike for millions. it WILL not work easily ever. never ever. or there wouldnt be forums for things like this. ok ban me if you want or change this to guru3dcomplainers.com.

13. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Lol, his name is usuk. He should be banned for that alone as an offensive name.

14. bart5986

bart5986 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290x OC
    these drivers work on my 4870 x2, only tested it on GTA IV so far and I had both GPU's at 3D Clocks.

But now the problem is that my GPU2 clock is stuck in 3D clocks. Everest and Catalyst control panel shows this.

I have no issue not being able to update to the latest drivers as its normally not needed. But its getting to the point where the working drivers are so old you are missing out on a lot, especially game fixes etc.

15. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    This issue was ONLY on dx10 games anyway afaik gtaiv is dx9?

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    working fine here.

altho never had problems with drivers so nothing different i guess.

17. Dreamskiller

Dreamskiller Member

GPU:
    HD4870X2
    I'm using 10.5a, dunno if I should test these 10.8b...
    Anyway, with my 2 gpu running , Starcraft 2 seems not to really use all the power of this card. My HD4870x2 should score like a 5850 (even better), and I can't get more than an average of 50fps. On map with water, i get some little lag, scrolling the map is not fluent...
    Playing on a T220, 1680*1050 and all in ultra (without AA of course)

My cpu is a X6 1055t @ 3.4Ghz, i don't think I'm CPU limited

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Thank you very much for sharing it with the 4xxx users that got the problem.

19. usuk

usuk Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 7970 @ 1100
    o i already did but here you go. please make sure you install 10.8b cleanly. uninstall with windows. then driver sweeper. then a registry cleaner. then look around your c drive for anything left and delete it. (i like to erase everything amd/ ati and start from scratch eg sb and display driver). reboot. install sb then display driver. reboot. go to ccc profiles.
    make sure they read this way. and i named it 778. now this is for games that like to crash alot.

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="77800" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="77800" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="92000" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="92000" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="1250" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="1250" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="CoreClockTarget_1">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="77800" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="77800" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_1">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="92000" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="92000" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_1">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="1250" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="1250" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="MemoryVoltageTarget_1">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="0" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="0" />

and for games that dont mind overclocking make a profile say 830. and change all 778's to 830. now you have 2 profiles for different games.
    just click in the 778 and activate it. it will stay at 778 even when you leave a 3d game. this only works with 10.8b.
    make sure in the profile section (AppData/Local/ATI/ACE) its the XML file not the folder says

<Feature name="ForceHigh3DClocks">
    <Property name="ForceHigh3DClocks" value="Enable" />

when you go past 778 use something like msi afterburner. you have to apply in msi 830 then the profile in ccc 830 then 1 more time in msi. i know its a pain in the ass but very simple and fast once you do it. 3d clock remain high and stay that way.
    hope this helps if not ill try and find a fix for you. thank you and good night.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Even if I don't have a 4xxx series card myself.

For me 10.8 affects the display with an incorrect underscan (15%) reset on reboot as mentioned in some threads here and AMD forums.
    There are some workarounds for it, but waiting for ATI to fix it together with the slightly lower Dx9 performance (compared to 10.7 which was better) hopefully in the next release.
    Dx10+11 is better with the 10.8b on 5xxx cards though.