1 5850 gpu +1 acer monitor +1 yamaha reciever +1 lg tv

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by acebmxer, Jan 16, 2011.

1. acebmxer

acebmxer Member Guru

GPU:
    xFx ATI 5850 760/1113
    I currently have 1 LCD Acer monitor connected to my 5850 via DVI. I have a LCD LG 32" tv connected HDMI to a Yamaha receiver which is connected HDMI to my 5850. I have Extended Desktop enabled and my Acer monitor is #2 set to active desktop. Where the LG tv is monitor #1.

I only use the LG tv to watch movies and use the Acer LCD monitor for everything else. The problem is if I turn off my LG tv my Acer monitor losses signal also. Now if everything is turned on, and I turn off the Yamaha receiver first then the TV I keep the signal to the Acer monitor.

Anyone else have a similar setup having the same problem or is there a fix for this?

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I hate putting my PC through my amp, it causes delays in switching, delays in video and audio and I sometimes get problems like you have.
    So now I only go through the amp when playing Blu Ray movies (to get high def sound through hdmi).
    The rest of the time, I connect my PC directly to the TV and audio is fed to the AV amp via analogue.
    Problem solved.