1-2 second freezing.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Burandon, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Burandon

Burandon Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE 8ghz
    Intermittent freezing which only lasts 1-2 seconds, while ONLY running MSI Afterburner. Just recently started doing this after installing a 2nd 1070FE, SLI bridge isnt connected yet as it's being delivered by amazon tomorrow. It's never done this before. I usually keep my 1070 overclocked at 2-2.1ghz +400Mhz on the ram. And would love to have them both overclocked to at least 2000.

Checked GPU usage and it's spiking down to 0 during this event. Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG] https://imgur.com/a/VG2tBs5

2. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Disable Game Mode or any System Performance Enhancer Tools.

3. Burandon

Burandon Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE 8ghz
    All of them are off. I've tried a few things before coming to the forums. I also downloaded EVGA Precision loaded it up and it does the same thing. [​IMG]

https://imgur.com/a/ElImWbB

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Recent nvidia drivers release notes state "Using power monitoring in GPU monitor tools causes micro stutter.". You have power monitoring enabled in your screenshot. Try turning it off.

5. Burandon

Burandon Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE 8ghz
    Would I disable power monitoring in the BIOS? I connected a solo SLI bridge and it magically fixed the problem, running smooth and able to OC cards to 2ghz. Thank you.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You should be using a HB SLI bridge

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    In MSI Afterburner (Voltage monitoring)

8. Burandon

Burandon Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE 8ghz
    Yes, I bought one. It was cheap on amazon. http://a.co/d/9R5AiSY
    Just using the solo flexible bridge I had, connected it after everything started skipping. :\ Thank you Extra, that probably did fix it! It was unclicked as I checked just now.

9. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Turn off power monitoring for the gpu in MSI Afterburner and it should clear up. This has been a known issue for the past few drivers from Nvidia. I think they even released a driver that was suppose to fix it a little while back but it didn't carry over to the new branch yet, or they thought they did an it was still present, I don't remember which tbh.