007 Legends PC bound

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=713750

http://youtu.be/Gx9cOcNyphM

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    doesnt have allot of positive reviews so far :(

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Gonna wait for PC version, but i'm hyped. It's BOND after all. :D

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Looks pretty ugly, Jonas, needen't have bothered with the pc port - unless targeted at the Bond fans perhaps?

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I was interested in this until I read the reviews, pretty much all of which have been sub-50% so I'm not bothering unless this is £4.99 or less in a Steam Sale.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    From what I've heard the console versions are terrible... the gameplay is simply horrible and the entire structure of the game is crap.
    So, doesn't matter if it's got a ton of PC centric features or it's a quick and dirty port. It's just a bad game to begin with.

8. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Outright dreadful reviews, yes I am a bond fan but I am sorry to say 007 will only get a purchase out of me once the game is on sale less 90%

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    the game looks like a budget game, so not worth the full price.

on the other hand its one of those games i know i would enjoy, will get when the price drops, perhaps for a fiver :D

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Oh dear, oh dear.

Where do i start?

Its upscaled from 720 to 1080. Horrible.
    Textures from 1997. No One Lives Forever 2 had sharper doorknobs. Not kidding. Wish i would.
    It has the most annoying mouse-accel EVER. (!) Your mouse feels like a joystick. Not kidding. Wish i would.

Whats good?
    - atmosphere
    - musik
    - ... uhm .... thats it

thx for reading this

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm skipping this title. Normally I buy games regardless of reviews and make my own decisions, but this just looks down right horrible. Maybe Eurocom should just stick to developing console games and stay away from the PC. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  12. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    run the game in nvidia 3d vision looked pretty ok. played 2 min, watched script sequence after script sequence then stopped playing due to ****ty mouse lag.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I managed to try a "demo" of this game as there was no way I was going to blow £30 on a game with pitiful review scores, no matter how much I enjoy Bond movies.

Sure enough the game is absolutely dreadful and I uninstalled it after 30 minutes of playing it, thankful that I had no wasted my money. I do feel sorry for anyone who bought this though as not only is the gameplay itself utterly lame, bland and insipid - think Call of Duty but 10X worst - but it looks dreadful too and is another one of those minimal effort ports that we sadly get too many of these days. There's no controller support of any kind and you have to be a contorsionist to use the default keyboard mappings, especially for the laughably otherwise simplistic hand-to-hand combat quick time events. I doubt Xbox 360 controls would have improved this game though, it is just so dull and boring with pathetic A.I. that has guards that eventually run straight at you. The story is also confusing as there are no sequences linking the different parts together and unless you've seen the movies you won't know why you're where you are or why you're doing it. It's the gaming equivalent of walking into the cinema and seeing a movie half way through. Yes, the games is a sequence of flashbacks after a (poorly compressed) opening FMV but that's no excuse for such a poor narrative.

The graphics are also terrible. There's no options to speak of beyond a resolution and brightness setting (which, by default, is too dark) and the in-game visuals are low-res and jaggy, such that I'm convinced it is being upscaled from 1280x720 (a typical console resolution) and not rendered at 1920x1200 at all. Oh, and it is lettered 16:9 on my display too.

My advice is DO NOT bother with this game. It doesn't deserve your money and if you're curious about it then do yourself a favour and try the "demo" first because I'm betting you'll regret buying it blind. It's absolutely the worst Bond game I've played in years. Shame on you, Eurocom. 2/10 from me and I'm being generous because some of the characters models actually look good (shame they're wasted in such an atrocious game).

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It is using some upscale of the resolution from what I've read, try setting the game to windowed mode by forcing it via alt-enter and it should use whatever it's actually using which I guess is 720 just as you suggested.
    (Wonder if it can be fixed, then again the game has other flaws besides the graphics judging by the above post and the various reviews and other info available.)

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The first update is apparently out, I still don't have the actual game and I couldn't find any real info about said update but I would guess they included Skyfall and also some patch for the game.

16. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Can't belief how UGLY and BAD this game is lmao.
    Activision made COD and some other games so how come this is so ugly even on 4K it's not even true 1080p and the mouse control is the most poop I have ever endured in a videogame. I knew the game would be bad, bought can't even aim decently..
    Good thing they lost their license it looks like it was made in 1995.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, Activision doesn't "make" the CoD games. They only publish them, as they are developed by either Infinity Ward, TreyArch or SledgeHammer Games (with help from Raven and Nerve).

This game was developed by Eurocom... and yeah. It's not surprising it's garbage.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    You only live twice it seems Mr Bond game thread. lol

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Necro of the year?

Lol!

20. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    This thread scared "The Living Daylights" out of me when I saw it. ;)