•where are this nvidia options in ati drvs?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by anibalin, Oct 30, 2004.

1. anibalin

anibalin Guest

in the nvidia drvs i had for my display timings:
    1. Autoselect
    2. GTF - General Timing Formula
    3. DMT - Discreet Monitor Timings
    4. Fixed Aspect Ratio Timing
    image here
    i always selected 2) to get a smooth image|

today i switched to an ati 9800pro (big change for me) and grabed the latest catalyst drvs |4.1| for xp.
    been browsing the options many times_ but cannt find those options!

thanks a lot in advance.
    respect.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2004
  2. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Never heard of those, so you probably don't get them. Those were for nVidia cards so you probably won't get those options with ATI. If you are having problems with your ATI card then there is probably another option that would help to fix it.

3. anibalin

anibalin Guest

thanks man| i cant actually believe that this option aint there...somewhere| been
    browsing rivatuner too_ but cannt find a similar option ....|

4. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    There's another reason why I think ATI sux. No offense to the people who use it though, never had a problem anyway. But the option still matters.

5. SL2

SL2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Then don't think.

Try:
    http://www.radeon2.ru/atitray/

*Might* be availble through that tool.

6. Jazzy^Jeff

Jazzy^Jeff Guest

Latest drivers 4.1? that a spelling error?

7. anibalin

anibalin Guest

aint 4.1 the latest ones? please correct me then. thanks man.

@sl2 - grabin' that app. thanks.

8. Jazzy^Jeff

Jazzy^Jeff Guest

latest official drivers are version 4.10 with a beta release which some say are the best performance wise are the beta 8.07 or 4.11.

9. MonOrch

MonOrch Guest

If you know specifically what each option is, you could explain it and we can see if there is a similar option. Smoothing the image sounds a lot like just Anti-aliasing, but that is essentially what it does. But, also, it may be similar to what I understand TruForm to be, so you could try that.

10. anibalin

anibalin Guest

i wish i could explain it better| its like 'interlaced' view (not exactly, of course, its not that hard) | but when i set the 'generic timing' on the nvidia drvs all its ok.
    Im mostly sure it has something, at least, with viewsonic monitors| a friend of mine have the same issue.

11. anibalin

anibalin Guest

i wanted to add, that this is just notorious in the windows desktop (in games, its hard to see, you dont pay attention to that).

12. Alexstarfire

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    What you mean I don't think? Didn't mean to make that come off bad. I was just trying to say that even though I never had a problem with either ATI or nVidia cards, the fact is that it's still good to have the option even if most people don't need it.

13. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Lol, I'm not trying to bash you either, but when you say that's another reason ATI sux what are people suppose to think?? And now you are saying that you have never even had a problem with ATI cards. So I'm lost with your reasoning on why ATI sucks. I'm sure both cards have options in their drivers that the other doesn't (maybe due to hardware or software) but why would the options all be the same when they are competing products??

14. Alexstarfire

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I tried to say that I didn't have problems in the first post but it seemed to not have come out that way. I think they should have nearly every option the same since they are so similar anyways. I mean there can't be that much difference else the software makers would just side with one brand or the other.

15. Evil-Taco

Evil-Taco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtec nVidia 6800 GT Pci-Express
    Well they did side with the componys, thats why you have nvidia sideing with ID and ati sideing with valve. I also agree with you that it was a very poor choice of wording. Im sure these options dont make that big a difference or some sort of equiv would be in the works or is in place. More options doesnt necessaraly mean its better.

16. anibalin

anibalin Guest

im sure there must be an option somewhere, im sure| i wish i could take a screenshot, but its not visible| its a monitor thing.
    I emailed ati | but got a cheesy auto-response with 'find the latest drivers here...blah blah' | i replied to that...hopefully they will read it.