‘Pre-owned a bigger problem than piracy’

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Liranan, May 14, 2010.

1. xXlAinXx

xXlAinXx Active Member

GPU:
    9800+
    I am truly, deeply sorry, alas, I don't live in a federal land/state, and I can assure you have no idea what you're talking about. But don’t worry, you will someday, so please till then, speak for yourself. Thanks.

With love,
    the rest of the world.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hmm. lol...i own my lands..even government tried to put a road on to my RAW land i took it to court and won it..how dare they want to put a road there? thre is LAW and it serves to citizens. Here at least...

I think he tried to talk about so specific situations like a meteor is approaching earth so government acts EMCON 5 or something and does what ever is necessary for the Country or something? lol.

Anyway, if i was the person who pays for game developing, i would do the same things of those guys who tries to use online DRM or getting money from used/preowned products.well will it work? no idea. just trying some empathy directs u some other way of thinking.

3. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    What on earth are you smoking? I'm sorry but I'm quite upset about your ignorant post.

People own land, people own their houses, people own their cars, people own their mobile phones, people own their jeans, people own their jackets, people own their food, people own their *insertThingHere*.

You live in the US, what you describe might be true here, but over here it definitely isn't.

4. Chesty_Puller

Chesty_Puller Member Guru

lol @ not owning a car.

I own my car, it's paid off, I'm not in debt to anyone and thus I can do what I please. Sure there are DOT regulations and such for it to be street legal but it's mine. If I wanted to give it away I could, for free. If I wanted to resell it I could and it wouldn't magically loose value because the car manufacturer decided to curb outside of dealership sales that my car's a/c, power everything, and anti lock brakes don't function any longer.

5. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    I purchase no game if I don't get a box with cd/dvd in it so I can resell it later on. No box no cd/dvd expect me to pirate your software simple as that.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690

you know what's this? this is the pizza i just ordered.

[​IMG]

and you know what i'm going to do? i'm going to eat it while playing my games.

let the government stop me from eating MY pizza. [​IMG]

7. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    That pizza looks frikkin nasty.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol the crust is filled with melted cheddar cheese, hope i don't get poisoned. :D

oh btw, i'm going to drink a lot of beer now, let the government stop me from doing that too.

9. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I'm actually shocked there are sane people on this planet who do understand what these companies are doing is illigal and only get away with it because governments are too busy with other things to care. And all these politicians don't play games and just don't care. But if they did these fools would get slapped so hard the sound of it would reverberate throughout history.

10. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    FYI that was rejected in court http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbs-Merrill_Co._v._Straus

11. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    And this shows that if these companies were to be taken to court, which they will one day they'll lose. Because their practices are illigal, but, as I said, politicians don't play PC games and don't care. But if this were to happen to their homes and cars they'd go mad and their wrath would be immense.

12. honkeykrakker

honkeykrakker Master Guru

GPU:
    I should have been smarter than to try and explain that nothing you own is truly owned in the gaming section.

I will try to help you all a bit. With a House, if you decided to add a deck onto it or build a larger garage, you need to ask if it is okay. If you wanted to expand in "your" house in anyway, you need to ask your government if it is okay. If you wanted to put anything else on "your" land, you need to ask if it is okay. If you can not do what you want with what you own, then you do not "own" it.

The car that you bought and is "your's" you need to register yearly, and get it inspected yearly. Then, you also have to buy insurance for it. On top of that, you need to renew "your" license every few years. If this car was "your's" you could do whatever you wanted to do with it whenever you wanted to.

Maybe laws are different where you live, but in the U.S. the government runs "your" life. As I said in the first post, if you owned anything, you would be able to do what you wanted with when you wanted to. There is no you need a permit to build on "your" land, or you need to do this and that to be able to drive "your" car. If it is your's then do with it as you please.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  13. Chesty_Puller

Chesty_Puller Member Guru

lol, no

I live in the U.S. and you're wrong. I can do whatever I want with it. You're bringing up requirements to legally drive it not simply own it. I can own it without having to get plate tags, insurance, or renew my license.

You really are clueless. Taxes, laws, and regulations are a part of life. Consumables you've purchased automatically losing features because the maker said so isn't. That's garbage and your analogy is incredibly piss poor.

14. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I weigh 310 pounds, and even I would think twice about eatting that pizza.

15. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Happy myocardial infarction! :nerd:

on a side note- good choice of toppings

16. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    its so the same here in my place ppl fighting to survive , i hope thier ferrari flip and roll while steel rods puncture thier hearts

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    At least with preowned, they still buy the game!

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Unfortunately I buy pre-owned because it's cheaper. They need to lower console games prices honestly and I will buy brand new.

19. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    because u can get away with it tough guy? if you get caught once i dont think you'll ever think of pirating sth again.

20. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    So, what you're saying is that you can't buy a car, keep it for six months and then sell it on? This is not about expanding a house (modding a game), this is about selling something that rightfully belongs to you on. Where on earth do you have to pay the original builders, contractors, architect, etc. of a house when you sell it? When you buy a house it's yours to sell, if you feel like it.

Your arguments and comparisons are piss poor, because you know very little about the law. And this counts for most poasters here, who think they know a lot but ignore the law and the fact that you own the game and can sell it on, if you so please.