Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wunderbar_007, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Sounds like a great upgrade. "Free" would've been nice but 5$ should be fine also.

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I loved DE:HR, finished bot base and DLC like 3-4 times. I also bought the collector's edition, and will definitely upgrade to director's cut and replay it again.

I would however much prefer them to focus on a sequel, now that they have the game engine fine tuned and everything...

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    is this visual upgrade?

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I played it without SweetFX when it came out so that alone should be a visual upgrade :) Haven't played the DLC yet and even didn't finish the story line so far. This comes right in time for the "cold season" :)

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Unsure, i've seen them say it is, but I think they're talking in regards to the wii u version vs the xbox 360 version.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The engine on the missing link was already an improved version of the vanilla game, in the DC they will apply that to the entire game + some other features like better boss battles etc.

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    We may assume that director`s cut utilizes new code (updated engine). Will AMD and NVidia issue updated Application profiles for this new exe? If they won`t then will Missing link`s profiles be appropriate ones?

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Read something about DX and missing link owners getting the Directors Cut for free. Not that I'm going to listen to the developers comments when I play through.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Where did you read that? We're supposed to pay $5.

10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I have still not played my original copy of this game... was kinda thinking to save it to a rainy day (and sad about its limited GFx)

So I am pretty happy to see this new update :)

The Director's Cut came to be because of the Wii U, as they did not want to just do a simple port.

- Engine updates
    - Hacking has gained a really big update (possibly some updates for PC too?)
    - Boss fights have been rebuilt form the ground up - completely new level layouts (some will look similar but built from scratch)
    - New Stealth Challenge & Hacking Challenge
    - New Sniping update (possibly some updates for PC too? probably not on this one.)
    - Possible grenade throw back

Source : Machinima Interview

Yeah, £3.49 and get to play it all shiny and improved too ^^

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone read any feedback about the boss fights or new glitches? The only thing i found was a review by polygon.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Now available in the US, from what I've read on the forums you apparently get a 50% discount (19.90 USD or EUR being the original price.) if you own the original game and a 75% discount (Thus bringing the price down to 4.99 USD or EUR) if you also own Missing Link.
    (The game shows a 75% discount here when I view the US store page logged in but I already own this version via Gamersgate and their Blue Coin reward system though the key might not arrive until Friday with the EU release.)

13. Fathom216

Fathom216 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 980 GTX 4gb
    So the graphics are noticeably better but I'm getting horrible framerate and stuttering issues. I don't have any problems with any other games and changing the settings does nothing, so I figure this should be patched rather quickly. The DC is basically unplayable as it is right now.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow .. that's bad. I'm glad I didn't bite, I expected such issues :-/ Steam forums also indicate that some old bug from the original game wrt tessellation on nv cards is back.

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Have you checked game`s exe name in the applications profiles?

If it is missed then you should create profile based on Missing Link`s one (I guess).

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same here. In the opening room, without moving, the framerate goes from 120+ down to 40 and bounces all around from there - and I've never seen gpu usage fluctuate so wildly in any game. SLI or single card, performance is the same. I'm on the WHQL drivers release today, by the way.

17. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good idea. I did add the new .exe to the original game's profile, but come to think of it, this version is supposed to be based on The Missing Link build.

EDIT - No dice - same stuttery mess. I fired up the original just now and it's smooth as can be at 60fps.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  18. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    This may resolve any stuttering issues and fps drops with DeusEx:HRDC -
    In regedit open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC and locate dword AllowJobStealing - set it to 0 ; for NVIDIA owners - in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics locate dword AtiForceFetch4 - set it to 0

Please, post comments here about your results with that tweaks...

19. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @Fr33jack you are the man! Full gpu utilization and 200 fps on a single card at max settings. Thank you!

20. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    u r welcome, Dude =)