Guru3d, want some extra money?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by rsjrv99, Nov 2, 2004.

1. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    Well, i was thinking of maybe creating like a program where you can get a member sponsorship fi you pay this much or if you donate this much you get special features. I dont know what kind of special features, but maybe you could work something out.

2. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    well someone asked about donations and hilbert said no donations. All is managed by adds.
    I dont know what kind of extra features, already seems so many :)

3. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    I disagree, Adding a "Membership" system will just make people leave the community...:O

4. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    If hilbert ever needed $$, id be one of the FIRST to donate to him.
    This site roxorz and i dont want it to go anywhere!

*hugglesd Guru3d and Hilbert*
    I lub Hilbert and Guru3d :D

5. omniscientist

omniscientist Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 GT w/ Modified +.1v BIOS
    Adding a membership option will not make people leave IMO unless adding this membership option took options or features away from non-payers. A popular "membership" thing is if you pay you get to browse with no ads. Slashdot does it in the way that you pay for a set amount of pages and you may browse that number of pages without any ads at the top, it makes sense because if you visit a site extremely frequently, then you are using bandwidth and fiscal-wise it might not work out if you are charging a monthly or annually fee.

However I'm sure Hilbert doesn't want to copy slashdot and I don't think a membership option is necesarry.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

I so hope that you are a girl ... ;)

At the moment donations and membership things are not needed, it's also does not reflect the idea of what guru3d.com is about (an independant platform that helps out the gaming community with hardware questions/needs). The ads + a few sponsorship deals pretty much can take care of everything.

In the future we 'might' setup some sort of premium service for high-speed downloads though.

7. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    lol hilbert. maybe its brotherly love. and one of those man hugs. you know like when 2 guys like shake hands and pat eachother on the back with the free hand at the same time. "i watch to much TV sometimes"

all anyone has to do is click an add here or there. if even that.

i click ad-words by accident constantly.

ya Memberships like that might be a turn off for alot of members. like first it starts with special features for the payed members but same normal features for free users.
    then subconsious greed sets in. then theres less features for free users. and as time goes on it turns to Fileshack/file planet.. or websites of that nature. where you have to wait in line for 3 hours to download a 2mb file. or something like that.

its best to keep all membership's free.. and just click an ad here or there. it takes 2 seconds to click an add and close the window that opens up. and normally they pay the website like 1cent or so per click.. and it really does add up.

8. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    Hilbert, im not a female but your one of the VERY VERY VERY VERY few guys i Lub :)
    You should Feel Special :)
    Besides, If girls can hug girls and still be straight, so can guys! :D

that or im turning gay...
    meh Either way, i still lub ya :D

9. Azt3c33

Azt3c33 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/HD6950/2Gb
    LMAO jk but that was funny :bigsmile: