Help our governemt find its lost $2.3 Trillion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Kaizen, Oct 19, 2004.

1. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Ah you guys should stop complaining and come to Canada. We have a government that funnelled millions of dollars into Quebec that was going to ad firms frieldly to the government. The government is always trying to buy votes in Quebec to keep it in the country. They stole tax payer money for this and now they aren't even going to be punished for it.

They told us that there was absolutely no money for the bady underfunded health care system a couple of months ago. Surprise surprise they had a massive budget surplus that could have cured the heath care woes. That's going to pay down the national debt, so they say. They could have also used that money to buy subs that are not death traps. We already have a needlessly dead sailor, and we aren't at war with anyone.

You talk about Bush winning the election with less than the popular vote. Our current Prim Minister's part only won 25% of the popular vote. Somehow he won more seats in parliament.

Basically we have a corrupt government that we can't get rid of.

Just thought I'd point out that it's not just the US government that has some serious problems. Your in the same boat we are. Your at an election with nobody worth voting for.

2. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Uh, maybe b/c the ppl growing opium get more money from growing it than food. That does not take a genius to figure it out. But now women can get an education, ppl have freedom and are not under the rule of an oppressive govt. It is up to the new govt to fix the problems of freedom, if it was easy then it then it would have been done along time ago.

No we went in to remove a terrorist supporting govt. And well you will never get rid of Al Qaeda, unless you educate ppl and even then there will always be simple minded closed minded ppl.

Well how about rape rooms, mass graves, and I dont know maybe a sadistic dictator with even more brutal sons. Like the futbol goalie that was beat for missing a ball, that went on to do a stellar performance at the olympics now that he is free he does not have to worry with being locked up and beat for missing a ball :rolleyes:. And you argument is flawed about the WMD's what does that have to do with freeing them? Besides if you mass produce one shell with a chemical agent in it then you made more than one (hence MASS PRODUCE as all artiliery shells are made). So you have one thing WMD's and I have at least 4 I win j/k :D

Please no offence intended, we are just having a debate, please do not flame.

*slaps own wrist*

I cannot believe you got me this far off topic ;)

3. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    I kind of thought I'd implied it already but hey, it needs to be emphasized I guess. What I was getting at is that the Taliban, though oppressive, did actually do the job of stopping Opium growth. Unless ofc, you're a support of hardcore drugs trade I would've thought you'd like your miltary to stop it from occurring till the Afghans have enough forces to do it themselves.
    So the US holds no obligation to rebuilding the nation even if their gov't is young and inexperienced?
    About the woman, you might want to read this.

I don't support the Taliban but I disagree with the way the aftermath of the war had been handled. Afghanistan should've been sorted before moving onto another project.

The Taliban offered to hand over Al Qaeda to a neighbouring country. This offer was rejected.
    If you know physical war is futile against terrorism then why support it?

My argument is not flawed, it is yours that is. Why? Because the case for war was argued on the point of WMD and terrorism being supposedly linked to Iraq. The case for war presented to the UN by Colin Powell was not one for humanitarian reasons, but that for national security of the US and it's Allies. It was based on supposed WMD existing.

The shell was from a batch of weaponry pre 1990's, one ageing shell does not constitute WMD cached or in development.

4. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    is the star wars project lead by the late pres. reagan still operational? i read that it costs hundreds of billions :confused:

5. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    Well as much as I would like to have a debate on this, this is not the thread for that, so please make a thread over at NVnews where they have a political forum and I will join you there, but as it stands I will report this thread to the mods for this section and they will most likely close it.

6. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Not closed as of Marty's little sticky, but please get the hint, i hate having to push the ban button. We all agree to the rules by signing up and posting here, so we should all do the decent thing.

7. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    Seriously though, the money is hidden in Al Gore's lockbox

what wicked revenge...

8. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    In that lockbox we will also find all the 'W's missing from the White House keyboards ;)

9. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Hey, you guys heard about possible plans to mount antimissile laser systems on all US commercial planes?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  10. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    The Taliban offered to hand over Al Qaeda to a neighbouring country. This offer was rejected.

That was just a stall tactic. It was plain as day. These guys didn't even communicate with us directly after we demanded the Al Qaeda handover, nor did they (the Taliban) intend to. And after that terrible attack, we as a country had no patience for bull**it. And if anyone was offended by our actions, tough. Because if anything was ever justified, what we did in Afghanistan was. And that my friends was where alot of the surplus went. Sure more went into Iraq, but we forget about the stock market slump, the greedy corporations such as Enron, the terrorist attacks themselves and the tax-cuts. Over a course of a few years the country went from a deficit to a surplus, and back into a deficit. Sure you could say the deficit is a hundred billion trillion gazillion dollars. Do I see it, does it affect my everyday life? No it doesn't. Our country is thriving, is the unemployment rate shy high? Is there famine, disease and a crumbling state? No. I go to work everyday, come home, kiss the wife and play games. We will get the money back, it's the cycle of things. I live in a great country. We are winners and positive thinkers. We will survive. Even if Kerry is elected president ;)

11. Kaizen

Kaizen Banned

GPU:
    XFX 6800 GT @ 410/1.12
    *sigh*, my thread has been highjacked.....Bush Admin = Empire Building...Iraq will become major importer of American goods, American companies will be very happy...Thats why Iraq wad attacked, nothing else.

12. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Conspiracy theories abound.

13. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Seriously though. In a election year, with mudslinging on every side, and controversial wars. What do you expect? Anything posted about the current poltical environment is going to bring out the worst in everyone. We need to stop posting and starting all of these B.S. threads. All we are doing is instigating. The sooner the election is over, the better. I think most people like each other on here, it's a shame really whats been posted the last few months. I'm guilty of it myself.

14. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    I am starting to get addicted to the ban button since I have had to use it so much latly LoL ;) Heck if I do not ban someone once a day I do not feel like I am doing my job...

By the way if you post a flame bait thread and it gets ugly guess who gets the hammer smacked down on them??

Now what is a flame bait thread you ask??
    Just look into all the threads that have gone bad after the first few post and you will get the idea.

Post what you want to but it's your butt if thing go crazy. If you make a thread it's your job to keep it under control not ours.

15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I find that interesting.....I've noticed alot of people have been banned lately, and frankly I find it sad. cuz it could've been prevented had they watched what they said.

16. Martys Web

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    99% of all bannings happen in the pub. I for one have voted many times to get rid of the pub and 99% of the problems we have here would be gone. The way the pub has been for the last year just makes a stronger case for shutting down the Pub.

But Hilbert wants to keep it open for now so I will just have to keep doing the clean up on isle 5 thing.

I have personaly had it with the abuse that goes on in here and if I cannot get rid of the Pub I will get rid of the trouble makers. Post anything you want say anything you want in here it's up to you just keep it clean and fun.

17. Martys Web

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    You know what let me go on a little rant here.... If it was not for the pub I would have more time to do some very cool things here at Guru3D like post news stories and help more people in the forums. Instead all my time is wasted baby sitting the pub. I check my email and it's allways got reported post about someone in the pub being a jurk and making trouble.

I use to be someone cool here at Guru3D but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO thanks to people who cannot get along I am reduced to being a Pub baby sitter. Thanks people for taking the fun out of years of hard work here at Guru3d and reducing me to this!!!!!

18. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    my step mom said something like that....

sorry you have a hard time here. if there were more mods would that help?

19. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Man, I'm sorry I wish that people could get along too, ive noticed that these past weeks have been really hard on the admins and mods, so yeah, I'm just saying "I'M REALLY SORRY" maybe the pub should be closed like was brought up before, but really would it help, im sure fights would break out elsewhere, man, fighting sucks it ruins good things......I would really hate to see the pub go.

20. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    Yea, sorry if I contributed to the lameness at all, I just cant help it sometimes :(