MSI 6800's - No More Copper!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Saeid, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Ok it turns out that MSI wont be using Copper in their 6800 cards anymore... well for the moment. They claim that NVidia has asked them to stop using copper, cause NVidia wants all the manufactuers making the 6800 cards to be the same at first... and follow certain rules. And eventually over time, NVidia will allow them to bend afew rules here and there!

And if u think about it, almost every card out there is kind of identical, except for their games bundle. And the only ones that stood out were MSI, Leadtek, and Galaxy!

MSI NX6800 with COPPER (Before):
    [​IMG]

MSI NX6800 without Copper (After):
    [​IMG]

Source: http://forum.msi.com.tw/thread.php?threadid=62878&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1

2. Lordbollo

Lordbollo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Lightning
    Glad i got my leadtek A400GT now, before they change the heatsink back to aluminium. The copper heatsink on it is really good.

3. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Very true, but the major flaw of the Leadtek A400's is that u have to clean the fan grill (the circular screen on the fan) every so often, cause if it gets blocked with dust... then air will not flow through and may very well damage the card! So take care!

4. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7800GTX 512mb
    *cough Gainward 6800GT *cough

There's nothing stock to that thing.....Nvidia are a bunch of crazy guys, if they want to get the MF's to use the OEM cooler, its crap!

The HS on the Leadtek might be good but the fan is crap, Leadtek really blew it on that one....glad i went with the Gainward after all......

5. larsc

larsc Guest

Hey, that's my pic. And my thread. :p

(not kidding)