farcry doesnt work with 6800gt

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by F1refly, Sep 18, 2004.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    since i got my gainward golden sample 6800gt and try to play farcry i get the blue screen of death
    using 65.73 drivers which worked great on my old 5950...anyone had this problem and know which drivers to use?

2. Aidan777

Aidan777 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2070
    I havent really played farcry or had the problem, but you could try rolling back to the 61.77's drivers from nvidia. It might be able to fix it, also make sure that your video card is placed in properly and all that otha stuff. If that dont work try getting the patches and if you already have, im out of ideas m8.

Good luck :)

-Aidan

3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have the same card as you, and FC runs flawlessly with 61.77's. maybe try them

4. Darren_Hodgson

Darren_Hodgson Master Guru

GPU:
    256MB PNY Verto GeForce 6800GT graphics
    I have Far Cry installed and I have a GeForce 6800 and the game ran perfectly with the 65.73 drivers. I'm now running the game with the latest 66.32 drivers and, again, it is running with no problems or glitches whatsoever.

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    tried 66.31 and 61.77, no bsod but other problems, graphical errors, no sound just music...have fresh install of xp...tried reinstalling fc bout 6 times now, bout to give up

6. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    did you install the farcry 1.1 patch, ive read a lot of posts with a similar problems to yours, and it was sorted out by simply installing the patch.

7. Ibn

Ibn Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 3GB
    As far Cry is well known to work just fine with 6800 gt's, mine sure does.
    Your problem is obviously not with far cry. If you really want some help give us a lot more data to work with ;)

Your card is either overclocked to high, or you need a new power supply, or your drivers need to be reinstalled, or you need to reinstall windows. Do other games work fine? Does windows crash even when you not gaming? Do you see corruption of polygons, or black spots on the screen? I suspect your video card or power supply. Gainward probably overclocked the thing to high, or your power supply is to feeble to handle all your hardware.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  8. Djin

Djin Guest

I'd return the videocard if I was you... sounds like you got yourself a broken one. :(

9. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Or you PSU is too weak. Try it w/o overclock.

10. pingo

pingo Guest

The problem is that Farcry wont work properly on the 6800 series witout the 1.2 patch wich has been withdrawn :(

I have a 6800GT and was lucky enough to track down a copy of the 1.2 patch.

So everything works perfectly... Try some searching with google, I think it's still possible to find it.

11. ginfest{USA}

ginfest{USA} Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800GT CO
    Working fine here with the 65.73 drivers/BFG 6800GT OC 400/1100 and 1.1 patch.
    In fact I went from a 5900 at 1024x768 minimal AA/AF to 1280x960 4xAA/8xAF and every setting on "highest" and what a difference in the games, not only in looks but fps.

Mike G

12. Epsilon 1

Epsilon 1 Guest

That, sir, is just plain bull****.

13. Ibn

Ibn Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 3GB
  14. omniscientist

omniscientist Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 GT w/ Modified +.1v BIOS
    LOL..."that sir is plain BS"

whether v 1.2 has "ps 3.0" or not...I really think its a very very beta implementation and is no way in shape or form what ps 3.0 really will be. 1.2 is a buggy patch, and even if it does have ps 3.0 on it, that doesnt compare to the other bugs that slows it down. i rolled back to v1.1 and everything ran so damn smooth. recommended

15. tmehanna

tmehanna Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 OC2
    I have Gainward GT GS 410/1140. Farycry 1.1 and 1.2 run fine with all driver versions 16x12 4xAA 8xAniso. IQ on 66.xx is **** though, yuck. However, I have the same sound problems like you (music and some effects only not all the sounds) with my Audigy 2, but that ONLY happens in 1.2 when you exit the game to desktop and restart far cry later. A Log off windows and log back on always takes care of the missing sounds. Playing Far Cry on the 6800 after the 5950 is like playing a different game altogether, I still find it hard to believe I didn't realize at the time how IQ sucked on the 5950. Those lucky R3xx owners were playing the real thing all along. I want nvidia to refund my 5900 and 5950s. :D

16. tmehanna

tmehanna Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280 OC2

Aside from the BS, I hope you also realize you need to enable SM3.0 manually with the 1.2 patch with a -DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1" and THAT makes a BIG difference SOMETIMES, not throughout the game.