colin mccrae rally 04 or richard burns rally?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by stevewrighty2k, Mar 30, 2004.

1. stevewrighty2k

stevewrighty2k Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800gt 512mb
    obviosuly when they are released, but which is better?

2. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I'd go for CMR4. It's the latest in a long line of great rally games, and you just know it's gonna be good.
    RBR on the other hand, I dont know much about and I doubt it can steal the rally game crown from Colin McRae.

3. stevewrighty2k

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800gt 512mb
    i would have agreed, but the magazine reviews seem to be saying that although colin mccrae is a good game, its lagging behind the real world, and doesnt seem much different to version 3, whereas they all seem to think rb is great!

4. Aropredator

Aropredator Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RS 3090 OC 24G
    You can get more info/news/screenshot/preview about CMR4 and RBR here from Blackhole Motorsports .
    Btw I already try CMR4 demo and feel it going to be a lot better than CMR3. The only improvement in CMR3 from CMR2 is graphic and sound, while other thing feel more toward a console arcade racing. RBR also look promising from the preview trailer and screenshot.

5. pHenoM

pHenoM Guest

Have you seen the Toca Race Driver 2 Demo?

It blows away Colim McRae 2,3 and 4 and any other race game!

6. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Only tried Colin 04, and I must say I liked it, especially the sound. EAX4 sounds really good on this title.
    AS wildstyle said, all the colin titles have been decently good, so I don't think this one will let you down :)

7. stevewrighty2k

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800gt 512mb
    i just tried the demo for colin mcrae and is it just me, or does the sound from inside the car not sound realistic? not comparing to standard road cars of course! it just sounds very computer generated. Havent tried the demo for race driver 2, but its said to be outa this world, also by codemasters if i remember correctly....

8. Soilwork

Soilwork Master Guru

GPU:
    Legend 8800GTS 640MB
    the handling in CMR4 is really good. especially the Japan stage where the car slides and aquaplanes very realistically

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed, the sound inside of the car isn't too good really. But outside on the other hand sounds very good imo

10. gozu

gozu Member

GPU:
    inno3d 8800Gts
    OMFG u guys RBR rally is like a million trillion times better than CMR.

11. Jack7654321

Jack7654321 Member

GPU:
    9600Pro
    colin mcrae rally realistic HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    that made my day
    colin mcrae is for arcade junkies : P

12. Sivo

Sivo Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9600
    CMR 4 or 2005 (coming out soon) is an arcade based game, it does the job very well simply because its had time to develop. But it is nowhere near as realistic as RBR.

RBR has the same realistic minute detail that GPL had which makes this not only closer to the real thing, but incredibly hard. The one thing that RBR lacks is guidance. There is a Rally School section, but your not taught the basics of general car set up, which in this game makes a hell of a difference.

13. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Err RBR is about as realistic as it comes...don't even think about taking a corner at high speeds because one mistake will seriously mess up the car...

14. Just played RBR and am extemely pleased especially after playing that monstrosity CMR2005 demo

15. El Diablo 87

El Diablo 87 Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS
    I've played both cmr05 (demo) and rbr and basicaly cmr05 is cmr4, its crap, rbr on the other hand is wet your pants kind of goodness, first realistic rally really, its just so good! No question which is the better game!

16. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    AGREED. RBR just rocks, but a good wheel is HIGHLY recommended to enjoy it fully.

17. Marc_ellis

Marc_ellis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 GT GS @ 410 1152
    I'll back up what alot of people have just said RBR is a very good game, blows CMR4 out the water :p Its just ashame its full of bugs. I cant even run a world championship :mad:

18. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    colin macrae 4.0 is a great game, i just dont like racing against ghost cars online.