AMD XP-M 3000+ Speed

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Suren27, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    I installed the AMD drivers for winxp and at first it displays the right speed for my laptop, 1.6 .... but when i come back and restart it switches to 797 MHz ... i dont know why it does that, and i cant really **** with much in my bios, i havent updated it or anything its the standard hp bios ... if anyone knows wtf i gotta do ... oh and yea it says that its the amd 64 driver for some reason in add/remove :-/ ...

Thanks

2. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    what the random, is it possible to disable this feature or work around it?

oh and sometimes when i start xp, it displays it as 1.6ghz ... and sometimes its 797 ... and ocne it was 397 or something ... i dont get it, never did it before until now

3. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    actually, I don't have powernow installed... I think it mightve been a driver problem before ... is there any way to overclock these cpus?

4. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640 MB 600/1000
    Look under the power options in the control panel... should have the ability to disable there. If it is just power now, it should speed up when you hit load...

5. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    i fixed it, i think it was a driver problem, powernow isnt even installed... anyone know which bios i shold use or what i should use to OC this processor a bit ;o

6. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    nevermind i didnt fix it... i don't have a powernow tab anywhere in the power settings, im still using sp1 and this is a hp zv5220US ... id really like to get rid of this problem =(

7. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    i also figured out that my computer starts at a 4x multiplier and can be changed to 8 or something .. at 4x200 it runs at 800 thats why the 797 but at 8x200 its got the 1.6 its supposed to be. Anyway to have it on the 8 constantly?

8. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    yep im sure its probably some error within powernow or windows or something, due to the fact that i loaded a tool ... CG ... and i put the multiplier where its supposed to be: 8 ... and it went to 1600... but in windows system properties it stayed at 797 ... there has to be a fix for this ... Always on is my power setting ... so thats not it ... help anyone?

9. Matta

Matta Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800+ GTX SLI
    Hmm does it really matter? Since well when you doing heavy load for your cpu it wil be acting like a 3000+ anyways along with gaming

10. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    I'd say try removing it... Laptop should come with all the software it needs. And what model do have? XP-M or mobile 64?

11. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    does the same uninstalled, xp-m... and it bugs me alot because i look in system properties and it shows 797 mhz and its so annoying and when it changes it still doesnt show 1.6 gig so iunno .... and iunno about this powernow **** maybe its not installed or something its no where under the power options

12. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    I'd try running prime 95 and then see what it says... it may just go back up to full speed as soon as you do something.

13. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    i run intensive programs but it stays the same in system properties ... 797 :-/ ... but when i restart sometimes it shows 1.6 ... the problem is, it shows the start voltage as .95 and start multiplier as 4 ... i need to make start multiplier 8 and start voltage 1.4 ... just gotta find more stuff about this, lots on the amd official forums but still no SOLID answer ... and i know this sounds stupid, but im meticulous and pedantic, and ijust want everything to work the way its supposed to and show the right things ... little things bother me

14. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    OK ... I think i fixed it ... windows xp sp2 :eek:

15. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    nevermind, i didnt fix it ... sp2 is doing the same thing :-/

16. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    So its a laptop, right? Just call the manufacturer's tech support... annoying, but usually gets the job done.

17. Suren27

Suren27 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce4 Ti4400
    yea its a laptop but im sure the guys who work at hp are outsourced to india and not in the united states, and no tech will prob fix this one ... a solution would be online if anyone fixed it, many ppl have this problem on the AMD Mobile forums as well so iunnnnoz