Why Can Force Driver Give Better Multi Mon Support

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by What the Hell?, Aug 17, 2004.

1. What the Hell?

What the Hell? Member

GPU:
    Asus Extreme N7800GTX TOP
    Why Can't ForceWare Drivers Give Better Multi Mon Support?

i swear the dual monitor support for nvidia gets worse and worse.

i just recently bought a new 6800 vid card, and for the last week, i have had issues with the 6800 running the forceware drivers, ( 61.21, 61.77, and the 65.62) and i almost gave back the 6800 thinking there was something wrong with it. I did all the right things, deleting the drivers, going into safe mode and using driver cleaner, even reinstalling DX 9c afterwards, ect. still nothing helped. I even look to this forum for answers, allthough no one really knew what was wrong.( refer to my previous post about looking for help)

Until i took off my second monitor.

Boom, all games ran sweet, ( Steam tfc, CS, Battle field 1942, desert combat, Battlefield Vietnam, Doom3, ect.) and mark 3d was smooth and functioning.

put back the monitor, ISSUES.

opengl wont work right, D3D was buggy in Steam, ect.
    once 3d rendering on the screen was opened for a game, it takes 3 times for it to engage.

WTF.

the old dets never did this to me before, and it irritates me to no end. I love my dual monitor set up for gaming online, ill have Irc and Team speak on one monitor, the game on the other. never mind the uses for both when i am rendering an image on one, while doing other things. But i swear to go there is no real support anymore.

all i ask is that there could be better support for dual monitors, or why in hell give me 2 monitor connections.

i am ranting like this simply because i blew my whole weekend on trying to configure this comp to run properly, and after 2 12 hour days trying to find out what and why and more importantly HOW i am finally just completely pissed off, and i need to vent.

/ me gets off his soap box and sits down

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  2. YACOZA

YACOZA Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce 7800GT x2 maybe?
    i agree 100% with ur statement that the multimoniter support getting worse every driver version

i have gotten to a point where i can't enable multimoniters without my computer restarting

o well, the 2 moniters won't fit on my desk anyway so....

3. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Thats why I use UltraMon for my two moniters I dont use the Nview at all or the Keystrokes stuff ...

4. David

David Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6700 XT
    There currently is a bug with gaming on a 6800 and dual monitors, NVIDIA is working on it.

5. What the Hell?

What the Hell? Member

GPU:
    well i am glad to hear of that... does anyone know of a nview help guide that can help me through it all? seems that there are a hell of alot of options in it.

6. tbone587

tbone587 Guest

I have a question. I have had this issue with doom3 and if i disable my second monitor it runs perfectly. Now I noticed farcry doesnt really run that great like it should, is it better to actually unplug the monitor from the card or is disabling it the same thing? I dont want to pull out my computer and unplug if it wont do anything.

7. tbone587

tbone587 Guest

thanks.. guess no one knows.

8. What the Hell?

What the Hell? Member

GPU:
    i dont think alot of peps have dual mons. i find that just disabling it and turning it off works fine for me, but who knows with far cry....