Problems with catalyst install

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kaiowa, Aug 23, 2004.

1. kaiowa

kaiowa Guest

hi, my english is very poor, but i need help and...

My problem is after install (on XP) any catalyst driver that is not the original cd driver. I uninstall the control panel and the driver first, and then install any other, downloaded on ati web site...everything without problems until reboot the pc. BEcouse the control panel dont start,telling that the driver isnt installed ...in fact, in the display properties i cant see nothing about ATI...and all theese with any new catalyst driver. I have updated the motherboard bios too... and nothing.
    Can you help me?

Sorry if you couldnt undestand nothing that i try to explain...

thx

2. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    1. Download and install Driver Cleaner 3. Also get Catalyst 4.8 Full.
    2. Go Control Panel -> Add/Remove.
    3. Uninstall Catalyst Control Panel [Don't Restart].
    4. Uninstall Catalyst Display driver [Select both card entries, don't restart].
    5. Enter 'Windows Safe Mode' [Rapidly press F8 before Windows XP loading screen and select 'safe mode' from the menu].
    6. Click "Yes" to continue working in 'Safe mode' and cancel any "New device found" prompts.
    7. Run Driver Cleaner 3 and select "ATi" then click Clean.
    8. Restart and boot as normal into WinXP.
    9. Run Catalyst 4.8 Full and restart when done.

3. klevoo

klevoo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9800 Pro
    you should also mention your hardware...

4. kaiowa

kaiowa Guest

Sorry...

AMD XP 2600+
    ATI Radeon 9600 pro 128
    512 RAM
    80 gb hd

...something more?

but now, after try all with driver cleaner cat uninstaller, in safe mode and with catalys 4.8 drivers, nothing occurs...and now i have a greater problem...i disabled the display adaptor in advanced configuration of display properties and i cant see anything, only the bios boot...i try to reapir watching another pc and nothin....hlep.....a lot of help....

5. lsangi

lsangi Guest

Hey Ancient Guru,
    can you help me as well?
    I need to switch from an oldie GF4 Ti 4200 to a Radeon 9800 Pro.
    After deleting NVidia Display Drivers via Control panel what should i use: 1. Detonator Destroyer (detdest.exe) or better 2. Driver Cleaner 3.2?
    Then i have to shut down my PC and replace the video card, i suppose :D
    After that? Drivers, utilities, Directx? In which order?

Can you please help?
    Thanks in advance

Luigi ;)