Pipe actication with the new rivatuner!!?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Gamergod, Aug 5, 2004.

1. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    SO its MSI cards and what other cards MIGHT work for the pipe activation...?

2. XanderF

XanderF Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 3850 512mb
    No, he's said it doesn't follow brand lines. In any case, we've identified no less than 4 different MSI card configurations in this thread alone. There is no guarantee, at this point, what cards can mod and which can't.

We won't know more until a public beta of this, or the 'final' version, hits and we all start trying it.

3. This thread needs to be locked so we can start anew. Then just maybe, we can give pertinent information. Not all this stupid if, what when, where B.S. Unwinder asked for simple details for those who want to see if they qualify for Beta Testing, and NO newbs. What is so hard about that? thanks for making this into 12 out of 17 pages of worthless stuff.

4. rsustudent

rsustudent New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6800 Non-Ultra
    lol

I don't post on this forum normally, but this was exciting to me, so I reg'd to ask a question. But you're a damn n00b bitching about n00bs. Get a life man.

5. arnie

arnie Guest

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    worthless stuff?

6. JulienD

JulienD Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800NU
    hahaha.

J.

7. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    An update on the status would be great. I'm just a little curious as to how far along it is.

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

At least I hope so. The rest doesn't depend on me.

9. necroscope

necroscope Member

GPU:
    MSI 6800 128MB
    What else does it depend on might I ask? What other new features/fixes are there?

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

On the date of arrival of my new 6800 sample. My Leadtek is gone and I still need to add some more 6800-specific stuff to new release. Pipeline config is not the only new feature of RC15.1.

11. necroscope

necroscope Member

GPU:
    MSI 6800 128MB
    I doubted it was the only new feature. My MSI 6800 128MB arrived this last week, anything I can do to help? Great Job with Riva Tuner!

12. theburnout

theburnout Guest

It would be very interesting if its possible to turn some of the Asus V9999GE to a 16Pipeline GT Model. The 256 GDDR3 RAM and clock specifications are the same as the gt models. That would be an interesting buy for 400 Euro (GT Price) but with some nice addons´like webcam, Deus Ex 2.

13. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    So many new friends !! At least rushing out on you for a new feature is not limited to softquadro related stuff. I´m kinda jealous I must say and my thoughts circle around new hardware purchase. But to be honest I think you won´t make any new friends at nv with that feature. What can be done should be done. best wishes

14. Forgiven

Forgiven Guest

Nvidia is already more than aware that is why you will see the 6800 line go away and the LE will take the place of it. It will be an unmoddable 8 pipe card that will run a smidge faster than the current XT platform.

15. Forgiven

Forgiven Guest

Unwinder (PM box full...imagine that)

I was toying with getting an AA6800 from Chaintech. Didn't see anyone with one on here. I am not a long time riva tuner guy but I have flashed a card or two and have used radlinker and different utilities. Would you be willing to work with me?

I am also 36 so I am not a dumb kid (dumb adult perhaps) and won't be sending it to everyone all over the web.

LMK and I will get it ordered.

Thanks

Steve

16. allbon

allbon Guest

Unwinder, why dont you give here the informations you gave to some russian websites ?

To all who want to know, will 16 pipes ever work with RT or not, here is the answer :
    First you must know that each 6800 card has 8 pair of pipes (8x2=16), and they re deactivated only by pairs.
    Look at the code given by the RT command line, the 1st and the 3rd HEX number, 000013y7x.

If BOTH x and y are different from F (F = 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 in hex) that means you have 2 pairs (ie 4) of disabled pipes, and NO software will help you.
    (note that 6800GT & U users will always get x=F and y=F, and 6800NU CANT have more than 2 pairs=4pipes deactivated )

Actually, x & y define how many pipes are activated, x accounts for the 4 first pairs (ie 8 pipes), y for the remaining 4 pairs (ie 8 other pipes).

And RT will allow you to enable the 4 more pipes if one and only one pair of two is deactivated (ie a half-quad of pipes)

To know whether 2 pairs or 1 pair of pipes are deactivated on your card, look which of these numbers you need to add to get x and y (in hex) : 1, 2, 4 & 8

If you need 3 of them to get x (for ex x = b = 8 + 2 + 1) and 3 of them to get y, then you have 3 pairs plus 3 pairs = 6 pairs OK = 12 pipes = 4 pipes (16-4=12) deactivated = forget RT.
    If you need the whole 4 of them to get x (ie x = F) and only 3 of them to get y, then you have 4 + 3 = 7 pairs OK = 1 pair deactivated, this pair can be enabled by RT (but no artifacts-free guarantee).

That's it.

And sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand the trick.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2004
  17. necroscope

necroscope Member

GPU:
    MSI 6800 128MB
    Great info, can this be verified? Also, can anyone explain this any better? No offense to the author, we just need a dumbed down version. :)

18. allbon

allbon Guest

Maybe a simpler explanation.

All 6800 have 8 pairs of pipes, some of them deactivated (1 or 2 pair for 6800NU, none for 6800GT & U) if only one pair is deactivated, another one is always disabled by software (so you lose 4 pipes)

These 8 pairs are split in 2 pools, call them X and Y. Each pool has 4 pairs.

In the code 000013Y7X, X accouns for the 1st pool, Y for the 2nd.

X and Y are the sum in HEX of 1 (for 1st pair), 2 (2nd pair) , 4 (3rd pair), 8 (4th pair).

See how many numbers, between 1,2,4&8 you need to add to get X.
    3 of them-> you have 3 pairs of pipes OK in pool X.
    4 of them-> you have 4 pairs OK in pool X
    Same with Y

Now see hom many pairs of pipes are OK in your case (add pool X and Y).
    It's either 6 or 7.
    If it's 6 then RT wont help you.
    If it's 7 then RT will help you enable the 8th pair (but there may be artifacts)

19. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    is this right!??!are u sure about this? 'cause if u are...BINGO :D my code is 00011f0d, and according to u F=15 so 1+2+4+8=4 and D=13 so 1+4+8=3 and...4+3=7 right?!!?:D

20. damon

damon Guest

so if mine is...

--------------------------------------------------

256-bit AGP NV40 (A1) with 128MB DDR memory

Reg 00001540 : 00013707

--------------------------------------------------

...then i need a 1, 2, and 4 to equal the last 7 (bank x). this means 3 pairs of pipes in first bank

i also need 1, 2, and 4 to equal the first 7 (bank y). this means 3 pairs of pipes in the 2nd bank

therefore, i only have 6 good pairs and i'm out of luck (as are all folks with a pair of 7's for x and y?