Best Cpu Cooler For O/c

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by SonDunn1128, Jul 29, 2004.

1. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X800XT w/ATI Silencer 4
    Ok, I was planning to buy a pentium 2.4 C (800 FSB)... I was planning on overclocking it... Problem is that I don't know what cpu cooler to use... SEE money isn't a problem.. I have a lot of money to use on a new computer and the cooling system is one that I don't mind spending on... DOES anyone know a site with complete reviews of INTEL 478 coolers made specifically for overclocking... or if not that... does anyone actually KNOW what socket 478 cooler IS the best... there has to be a best..... PROVE IT TO ME.... remember, money is not the problem here... the choice and not having the data to back it up is the problem...

2. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

3. RoAdbUrneR

RoAdbUrneR Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia/Gigabyte GTX260OC
    jus a thought..if uhave enuf to spend on ur new comp.....then why r u buyin a 2.4 ..seriusoly gert atleast 2.8 or 3gigs..and u can go with blyaex's suggestion on the cooler

4. PinBot

PinBot Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 1gb
    Termalright SP 94, or maybe Zalman 7000 Cu, wich I bought yesterday. It's silent, cools nice and it's cheaper than termalright

5. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Thanx for the review you pointed me to... Does anyone else want to put their 2 cents in??

6. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

7. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Thank you very much for both of your opinions... very well taken and into consideration and thank you for spending time to help me on my question...

8. BentFin

BentFin Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS 512 (G92)
    I replaced my Intel FHS, that came with my 3.2E Prescott, with one made by MGE called the Extreme XG Gamer. It is designed for the Intel Prescott 3.6GHz and above but also notes it's powerful 2 heat pipes make it ideal for over clocking PC's.

It operates at 4200RPM at 34.3 CFM and is real quite. It meets the Intel weight specification for Prescott FHS and is very easy to install. The Fan is mounted on the side and blows the hot air towards the aft exhaust fan.

Do a web search (Google). The model number is ACFA-ICEAGE. The mfg web address is www.mge-usa.com.

This cooler reduced my temps by 12 Deg C over the stock cooler!!!

9. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    What is fhs?? and what is intel's weight spec... and what is it for?

10. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

Intel uses the weight limit for the Northwood mounting bracket .. I think 500 Grams is the maximum threshold. So if they pass the limit of the heatsink weight. The manufacturers have to provide a mounting bracket that you place behold the board to support the heavier heatsink.

11. SonDunn1128

SonDunn1128 Master Guru

GPU:
    Yo thank you for your information =)