Installation Issue Audigy LS

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by BentFin, Jul 28, 2004.

1. BentFin

BentFin Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS 512 (G92)
    The Audigy LS will not install...driver installation starts then give a message that no Audigy LS sound card has been detected and exits.

My onbard sound and Philips Sonic Edge work great.

Creative Tech Support was not much help...actually wanted me to have the software installed (sic) before troubleshooting over the phone!

Any ideas or known issues you might be aware of would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

2. Treblig

Treblig Nigeri Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 Pro 128mb
    Try a different driver . If that doesn't work RMA it . Good Luck .

3. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    Why would you downgrade from the phillips to the audigy?

4. Soto_Ayam

Soto_Ayam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB SLI
    Solution to your problem is CTCOMP.exe... its a patcher that patches ur Audigy drivers so any card can use em... just google it and patch your drivers with it.. good luck :)

5. BentFin

BentFin Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS 512 (G92)
    I have come to my senses and returned the Audigy LS! Thanks to all that have responded.

Monitors please lock thread (thanks)

6. That's weird. I just got an Audigy LS today, and it installed without a hitch. All I did was disable my onboard sound I was using, then I booted windows, and it said new hardware was detected, I put my Audigy LS installation disc in, and it went without a hitch. It sounds great, btw :)

7. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

Where are you getting your info from? No Phillips card is better then a Audigy LS. (Phillips does have good Drivers, but in terms of sound quality its not better)

Provide some proof .