Help Problem With Fx 5900nu

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by eduardmc, Jun 3, 2004.

1. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    it seems that all the games with the EA sport LOGO, are having skipping problems with my system. (lotr return of king, nhl 2004, madden 2004, nba 2004, etc.) but all the other games are running fine, this happen now after i upgrade my system with a brand new desktop. very weird, demaning games like unreal 2, halo, prince of persia etc, are running better than ever alot faster. but with EA games, the games run but start skipping frames, every second of the moment i try on playing it,
    no is not the drivers, i install 4 nvidia drivers with same result.
    no is not overheating problem, EA games are not demaning lilke unreal 2, and even doub i underclock my videocard 100mhz less than spec, and still same problem, please anyone can help me, i want to keep playing my season and i still haven't finish my lotr return of king. below are my system spec

pentium 4 3.0ghz 800fbs 1mb cache
    1gb pc3200
    intel motherboard 865
    2 harddrive, 120gb sata, 120 ata
    nvidia fx5900nu 400mhz - 700hmz
    bla bla bla this is all u might need please help

2. BentFin

BentFin Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTS 512 (G92)
    If you haven't resolved your problem, try this....

Go into your computer BIOS and disable the parallel port, reboot and see if the skiping (micro pauses?) stops. If it does, then try changing your IRQ and see if that helps. You might also try to change the com mode (still in the parallel port) to one that has DMA support