FarCry vids - pics on the 6800

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by 0ldCrow, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Zehr

Matt Zehr Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 729/1542/1148
    There is no way any of the X800's will support PS3.0, it uses the same technology as the R3xx. I can't wait for HL2 to come out coded in PS3.0 (hopefully the people @ valve have some degree of competence and are re-coding PS3.0 back in...)

The real funny thing will be when all the people that bought R3XX with the voucher for HL2 actually get the game, and their R3XX is outpreformed by 5-10 models of cards on the market!!!!

LOL @ VALVE the NOOBS and ATI!!! Thier stupid marketing tactics truely screwed their fans on that one!

GO VALVE!!!
    GO ATI!!!

Hopefully ATI never made a deal with Valve to not-code HL2 in PS3.0 so their hardware runs better... cause that would be a bone headed idea that will haunt us for years!

Personally i think HL2 will blow ass anyhow, given that after 5+ years of patches HL1 engine games still crash daily... If they can't stabalize thier current engine who's gonna bet their next one will be better? lol

Hey, but i guess they did say they will give CS- condition zero away for free to the people with the HL2 vouchers. So they can re-gain thier customers confidence by giving them an already free game - counter strike)

2. Flamin-roids

Flamin-roids Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 X2
    You guys are missing the point! The 6800u runs at max detail almost twice as fast as a 9800xt. Also remember when the FX was first released the drivers that were out couldn't possibly produce any decent graphics. Compare the 44.03 to the 56.72 and you see a world of difference. And you can't sit there and tell me you can't see a difference and PS3 is stupid. PS 2.0 was too complex and destroyed performance. Even if the IQ "seems" the same its running it much faster with 3.0. And to say that Nvidia will never have as good as IQ as ATI is a very biased opinion indeed.

3. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    Hey guys lets instead get those!!! lets chain them all together and instead use them to render Q3A at 5000 FPS !!!!!! LMAO

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Hehe another good days of Voodoo 2 in SLI mode ;)

5. bigshasta

bigshasta Guest

where is this 1hr 16min video? i cant seem to find it on nvidia's site.

6. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Hmmm, can't seem to find it anymore. It was a streaming launch video that was hosted by "on24". Guess now the launch is over, they've pulled down the vid.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2004
  7. bigshasta

bigshasta Guest

damnit i wanna see it....

was it only up for 1 day or somethin?

8. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Ok.. just grab any HL2 pic ;)

(HL2 is PS2.0)

I'm not blind, the thing is that you don't know how to read. I said that those pics are PS1.x vs PS3.0 And in FarCry PS2.0 and PS3.0 have the same grafics. Next time READ before posting.

9. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    GFX wise, HL2 is pretty much Max Payne 2 in first person mode with higher resolution textures.

If you think that HL2 is on par with FarCry in PS 3.0 mode or the Unreal mkIII engine then you're dillusional or very insecure. And if you can't tell the difference between PS2.0 and Crytek's PS 3.0 mod then you shouldn't be on this forum.

For those who want to see a blursville version of NVidia's product launch, I found the link:

http://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=lobby.jsp&playerwidth=786&playerheight=534&eventid=6094&sessionid=1&key=3F042A3D6496284BE919209852E7CA8F&eventuserid=1554853

10. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    You should visit a psiquiatrist, seriously.

11. Shex

Shex Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    lol tbh I can't see why ppl can't see the difference between ps 2.0 and 3.0 for example the pic below.... if you look at the shader lengths on ps 2.0, you'll see that 256 instructions can be achieved.. where is ps 3.0 shader lengths can reach up to 65535 instructions. More instructions allow more detailed character lighting and animation like the pic below.

trust me there is no way you can reach that level of detail with ps2.0....

[​IMG]

12. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Hm. comparing again unfinished games i see. Well this surely shows like a flame pit.
    And btw, do you actually believe that you are gonna see games with that level of detail right at first? Its gonna pass some time before you actually see games like that.
    HL2 like Max Payne only with better textures?! C'mon!

13. assasin

assasin Member Guru

quote:

lol tbh I can't see why ppl can't see the difference between ps 2.0 and 3.0 for example the pic below.... if you look at the shader lengths on ps 2.0, you'll see that 256 instructions can be achieved.. where is ps 3.0 shader lengths can reach up to 65535 instructions. More instructions allow more detailed character lighting and animation like the pic below.

ati fans are just going through normal phases......first its shock....then its denial....all this is normal

14. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Played beta/alpha on a Ti4200, 9600Pro and 5950U. although unfinished it's nothing like the likes of Doom 3 and FarCry.

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    And lets don't forget that NVIDIA made only one mistake (FX series) but ATI had terrible cards until R9500+ series (all Rage cards). Ppls judge things too fast...

16. reever

reever Master Guru

GPU:
    9700 Pro softmod
    It's people like you who make people steer clear of this board, it's not denial, go look on the update on the site showing the farcry pics. I challenge you to find a game which is hurting because shader length can only exceed 256 instructions, actually I challenge you to find a game which has a shader that even exceeds 150 instructions, you won't find any

17. assasin

assasin Member Guru

wow ..your already at the third stage..:flame: RAGE:flame:

18. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Wow. You can count them by looking at their result?

19. b@5her

b@5her Guest

can the 6800ultra operate in true ps2.0 mode (ie 24 bit shader precision)? if not it might explain why they are pushing ps3.0 so strongly .also is the image quality of the pics done using true ps2.0 (ati) or the nvidia mixed mode/optimised mode or whatever they call it.

the reason i ask is because i just got to that or a simular stair case in far cry and its almost identical to the ps3.0 picture and WAAAAAAAAAAY better than the first one.
    can anyone shed any light on this?

20. assasin

assasin Member Guru

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.