FarCry vids - pics on the 6800

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by 0ldCrow, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0ldCrow

0ldCrow Master Guru

GPU:
    Check
    heffeque.

If you can show me anything on any current video card that looks like the video's in this thread, then I will agree with you. ;)

2. Phoenix_Inferno

Phoenix_Inferno Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS 320MB
    well since its friday, i dont have to do my **** load of hw today so im gonna go watch that launch event movie. didnt have time last night cause of stupid hw >.<

3. madagent

madagent Maha Guru

GPU:
    Voodoo
    now thats an impressive comparison.

4. madagent

madagent Maha Guru

GPU:
    Voodoo
    ....you didnt notice any differences in those screenshots in the first post......

5. assasin

assasin Member Guru

quote:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by MikeMK
    Never thought there would b THAT much diff between PS2.0 and 3.0!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong: it's 1.x -> 3.0

quote:
    Originally posted by reborn
    ps 3.0 is one of the main reason why i want to get gf6800 instead of x800xt

Grafic difference between 2.0 and 3.0 -> NONE.
    Some of the programing is a bit different, that's all.

heheheeheheh....the nile is in egypt ..fan boy...heheeheh

6. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    It seems like the GeForce FX line already beats the **** out of ATI in image quality on Half Life 2 then as ATI runs it in 24bit precision while the GeForce FX line was running it all the way from 16 bit to 32BIT!!!!!!!!! (even though the framerate sucked but who cares nVidia was already king in precision)!

7. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    1. I was wondering about the Quadro FX cards? why do they have Ethernet jacks and other networking jacks on them?

2. The pics seem like the cards were just sitting there (Did they have some case in them cause) this makes me wonder if somebody would just snatch the cards off that place lol since I dont see much security to them

8. Vengeance

Vengeance Guest

What look's like ethernet jacks are actually ports to join multiple quadro's together to tackle large projects. Renderfarm baby:)

9. b@5her

b@5her Guest

10. assasin

assasin Member Guru

another ati fan boy in denial...like i said before "the nile is in Egypt" fan boy

11. b@5her

b@5her Guest

look at the pictures are you BLIND or something.

12. b@5her

b@5her Guest

oh and btw way im no fanboy i own both a 9800 pro and a 5900 ultra i justv prefer the ati card.

13. assasin

assasin Member Guru

ya i saw the pics...driver related...stop trying to justify your now outdated inferior 9800 to this new marvel of engineering.;) :D :D

14. b@5her

b@5her Guest

i can remember people blaming drivers for the 5900ultras poor performance/image quality in ps 2.0 ........and they still hacent fixed the 5900's

btw ps 3.0 titles aren't expected till about 2006 by then this generation and the next generation of vid cards will be obsolete:p

15. assasin

assasin Member Guru

still..right now the 9800xt compared to the fx6800u is like comparing a 9800xt to a fx5200....that is the gap in performance difference between the two cards...this card is in a class of its own right now...so dont even dare to insult it with a card of half it's speed...and that's because it is cpu bottle necked or else it would be 1/3 it's speed.

16. ziifnab

ziifnab Guest

FarCry already supports PS 3.0

17. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Will you lot stop throwing toys from your prams at each other?

18. 0ldCrow

0ldCrow Master Guru

GPU:
    Check
    Allright gentlemen, no need to get all riled up. The whole point was to admire how cool SM3.0 looked in the pics/vids.

The whole thing with Nvidia and FarCry is apparently a driver issue. Look at the bright side, FarCry was PS2.0 and to mod it to 3.0 took about 3 weeks. So I'm guessing future games that will support 2.0 can be modded to 3.0 and with the shader already present, converting is apparently easier.The issue is Directx 9.c, from what I understand, it will be a part of XP SP2, which Microsoft has "planned" for a June release. (According to what I read on iexbeta a few weeks back). And with MS sending out a thank you to all the beta testers, I imagine it's getting close.
    As far as Ati and 3.0 being in their next cards, I'm the last person on the planet that could answer that :eek: And if they don't I'm sure your going to see it, or something better in their lineup following the X800 series. Who knows, maybe they will come out with something that floors us all?

Ok there's my red-eyed babble.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2004
  19. Canibuz

Canibuz Guest

ATi not supporting SM3.0 isn't something a big company is stupid enough not to regret. There current models of the X800XT probably don't support SM3.0, but hey, a revision could already be in the works rather than delaying the release date.

20. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    Maybe when you guys look at those shots, you should read what the reviewers are actually running first. They are using beta forcewares. Far Cry is seeing the Nv40 as an Nv3x.

Looking at the SM3 shots and videos from Far Cry, there isn't any reason why Nvidia would still have those PS rendering problems once the cards are in users' hands, new official forcewares are out, DX9c is out, and the game recognizes the Nv40 as an Nv40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.