Likes/Dislikes Regarding Your System...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by WildStyle, Feb 19, 2004.

1. stealthmaker

stealthmaker Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    Like: 19" LG monitor, Soundcard and speakers are good too, i love the dvd drive! (LiteOn LTD-166s), and im ok with the cpu so far and im not planning to change it for a while (at least till 64bit cpus become more available).. like the case (nothing too special about it, but i spraied it blue with a biohazard sign on the sides and i like it ;) )
    Dislike: Memory, need much more memory. dont have enought harddrive space(u can never have enough of that!), mothorboard kind of sucks coz of no overclocking but it never gives me trouble, 56k connection!

2. kangi26

kangi26 Active Member

GPU:
    HD4870 and PCI HD2400
    Likes: Mostly everything, great CPU, great sound card, FINALLY got the system pretty quiet too, TV tuner card, love being able to record digital cable including HBO and all.just got a new M.S. wireless keyboard and mouse, great gaming/entertainment system.

Not so much Dislikes, just things I'd change: Would like to have much faster memory, the 333 is ok, but I know with faster memory I could get this 2500+ alot higher, I would REALLY like to get a 9800P videocard. Lock On gets a bit jittery even with the Ti4800(which has been a outstanding card). Wouldnt mind a set of Logitec's 680's speaker too. :)

3. moe6

moe6 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Atlantis ATi Radeon 9800pro
    Everything :p. I am almost completely happy with what I have, given the money I spent on it.

Dislikes:
    The fear that the A64's will beat the **** out of my P4c when XP-64 and Lightwave/Maya/3dsmax 64bit editions are out when rendering. But I guess it's ok for now. I could use 2gb's worth of memory instead of 1gb, and this is a problem for me because the Corsair XMS modules are too wide for my motherboard which means that I can't add any more modules next to them, so getting to 2gb would mean selling off the old pair and getting a new pair of costly 1gb's. Also I probably would've liked one of the higher end speakers instead of my Insipre 7700 but they do a fine job as it is.

4. moe6

moe6 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Atlantis ATi Radeon 9800pro
    when people tag their **** 256bit it's in reference to their memory config >_<. This is VERY normal with the 9800SE's since there are 128 and 256 versions and the 256 versions have a better chance of getting 9800np speeds. Going by your logic, I'd be able to label my own old Geforce256 DDR as 256bit as well :p.

5. Elanzer

Elanzer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 9700 @ 325/580 (3.6ns hynix..)
    My likes about my system:
    Even though it's really old, is that it still kicks, it can still play games better than any console today, I've payed less for it than a console and I've had it longer than the latest consoles have been out. I can hook it up to my TV and hook a joystick up to it and use it as a console if I wanted to, but much more with a monitor on it. For the games I actually want to play it runs them pretty good, even new games like FarCry will still get me ~40fps in 1024x768 and it's fully playable with nice graphics. It's like all the electronics I could want in one box, DVD/Phone/Jukebox/gaming/whatever.

Most of everything is balanced in it now and everything I could want to play is , and I don't even feel the need to build a new machine so I'm probobly going to hold off until 64bit CPUs/OS comes around the corner totally and I'm blown away by it.

Dislikes: It has 3 case fans, 2 are silent for the most part but one adds twice the overall noise to the case, I think I'm going to replace it tomorrow. The other thing would probobly be the seagate scsi HDD, it's kinda noisy but the speed makes up for it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2004
  6. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    @ elanzer thats a 440BX mobo right? quality chipset. . . .

7. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Oh yes, forgot one very important factor - I HATE my 56K net connection!
    T-O-O S-L-O-W-!-!-!

8. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well whatever!
    It's only a 5600, it's nothing to argue over.
    5600 convo finished! ;)

*I'm suprised how many replies I've got to my thread! :)

9. Advis

Advis Guest

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    LIKES : My first PC to even be able to touch the high end sector. I can now play all the video games I want and it's small size fits easily into my tiny PC room. It's also extemely good at overclocking (3000+ to 3200+ with no extr heat). Geforce FX 5600 is fast and plays games sweet.

DISLIKES : Sounds like a harrier jump jet taking off, CD-ROM is noisy when in use, crashes a bit. Also wish I hadn't broke my FX5900 as that was just insane quality and speed : ) Also wish the DAMN THING WOULDN'T WOBBLE!!!!!!

And if you think I am kar-razy for thinking a 5600 is fast then you would be on the same wavelength if you previously had:

Intel 845 chipset
    P4 1.5 ghz OCed to 1.7ghz
    Kyro II 64mb (by far the best graphics card ever made in terms of IQ & speed/cost ratio)
    AC97 audio codec
    512mb SDRAM

10. ClownTurd

ClownTurd Guest

Likes: My 9800 Pro is an awsome video card, a very nice upgrade from my TNT64
    Dislikes: I should have gone the patch of A64 :(

11. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    -got the PC for free (A&B sound gift certificates via parents)
    -only paid for speakers, sound card and Power Supply
    -CPU
    -video card-this or Geforce4 Ti 4600 @ same price @ the time :p
    -Western Digital 80G SE
    -all this PC has to do is last me til August (new PC :D)

Dislikes
    -wanted a big screen Tv @ the time instead of PC
    -tower, SONY makes small **** towers
    -motherboard, only takes 266mhz DDR
    -speakers-too week
    -Samsung HD, too slow
    -Sony support knows dick..:rolleyes:

Overall, its a preety good PC, gaming wise and all...but come august, Athlon64 + Nv40/R420 :D:D:D

12. anything

anything Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6600GT AGP
    My vid card. Speakers are also good, logitechZ640's they were cheap as anything and sound good.

Dislikes:

apart from it being 2.5years old, i absolutely hate my Sony burner. its the biggest heap of ****. reads CD's slower than an old 16x in a laptop i have. my keyboard, its one of those $5 budget ones and it feels like it.

I'll be upgrading to a AMD64 3000+, ASUS K8V Dlx, 1GB PC3200, in a few weeks which ill be great!

13. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    I need an extra resevoir...... :) I want mo' water

14. Stang289

Stang289 Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4890 Crossfire
    Is there anyway to determine what kinda ram chips i have on my corsair xms 3200, except for pulling the heat spread off and thus voiding the warranty?

15. Falcon2k

Falcon2k Master Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 320MB
    -Everything in my system i think is semi top notch.
    -A decent overclocking 2.4C (decent meaning 800MHz OC at least, it's max OC is still eluding me...)
    -Can play every game that i play at max quality settings without stuttering
    -Loading WC3 TFT maps twice as fast as everyone else is somehow sadistically satisfying
    -Love the Mobo, P4C800E Deluxe, drool
    -Expecially love the RAM, 1024MB of Corsair XMS4400
    -Great set of HDDs

Dislikes:
    -Blackhole of money
    -Causing my addiction to spending money on PC parts
    -Turned me into a total Geek. GAK!!!
    -High maintenance...