Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, May 28, 2022.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    EDIT,I just did a a video with newest OBS instead of screen shots.Of course just change your resolution to 5120x2880. You should not get the output stutter with the settings

By the way the DLSSFG is only supported by 4000 series cards but it is awesome to play the game now that I am at 60Hrs played and still finding crap to do.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Bob thanks. I'll give this a go. I'll be glad when a true 4k120 capture card is released.

Alpha 7 is out.

bobnewels likes this.
  3. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Finally on Jedha...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Patch 5 Details

Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:
    • Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
    • Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
    • Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
      Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
    • Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
    • More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
    • Various performance fixes.
    • Stability improvements.
    • Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
    • Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
    • Music fixes for scenarios where two different themes would collide.
    • Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
    • Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
    • Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
    • Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
    • Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
    • Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
    • Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
    • Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
    • Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
    • Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
    • Fix for the Rancor and the Wampa not correctly leaving Cal's XP behind when he respawns.
    • Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn't correctly close.
    • Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
    • Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.

More patches to come!

We’re still hard at work to improve your experience with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. Please let us know if you run into any further issues and keep an eye out for future patches.

5. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Can you guys change your resolution without issues? I select a different resolution, hold the button but the resolution will not change?

6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    BTW, the game sold well in the month of April. And so did Dead Island 2.

Circana (NPD) April 2023
    FwVSjalaAAIskW3.jpg

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    New patch 1.42gb

Some nice fixes!

Patch 5 Details

Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:

• (PC only) Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
    • (PC only) Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
    • (PC only) Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
      • Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
    • (PC only) Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
    • Various performance fixes.
    • Stability improvements.
    • More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
    • Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
    • Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
    • Music-related fixes
    • Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
    • Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
    • Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
    • Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
    • Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
    • Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
    • Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
    • Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
    • Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
    • Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
    • Fix for the Rancor and the Wampa not correctly leaving Cal's XP behind when he respawns.
    • Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn't correctly close.
    • Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
    • Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.
    More patches on the way

8. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Sweet, now if they can figure out the traversal stutter that plagues so many UE4 games on PC my opinion on unreal will change.

9. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    The effect of pre-purchasing.

SW:JS was released on 4/28, so this would be just tracking 1 day of sales otherwise.

EA achieved what it set to do - push FOMO sales by holding off the review embargo date, promoting paid-for reviews by YouTubers, and releasing in a relatively low new release window.

Curious to see how it holds for next month's sales.

I liked what I saw while I had the game. I can't wait until it gets fixed... actually, I can wait. I'm so pissed that it was released too early.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    For those AAA games most sales happened within the first two weeks, stats of sales in following months aren't that relevant actually.

11. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Unreal Engine, all versions, have had stuttering issues going back a decade. I remember dealing with it in Mass Effect and Gears of War. I hope they'll finally fix it, but I have my doubts. If they fix the HSO hitching now, they'll probably reintroduce other stuttering issues in the future when they add new engine features or move to an updated DirectX API. Unreal Engine and stuttering are almost synonymous at this point.

BlindBison likes this.
  12. Whiplashwang

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    BTW, patch 5 made the performance better, but now I can't change the games resolution in the settings. Fixed a few things, broke another.

13. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Just checked new patch 1.05,you can change the resolution ,it just seems to get lost at times.If the controller does not change the resolution ,then I just click accept with left mouse click.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Are the traversal stutters still there?

15. Whiplashwang

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    ^ Unfortunately, yes. Though with raytracing off, the stutters aren't as bad as before especially when traveling around the Koboh wilderness. The Koboh town still has a few frame drops though. Raytracing enabled still sucks.

BoomSlang001 likes this.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Compared to how it was before, for me it's vastly improved. My frametime graph is mostly smooth now, even in the problem areas.

It's possible you might be CPU bottlenecked. You need a 7950X3D/7800X3D or Raptor Lake CPU to get the most out of your 4090 to be honest.

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  18. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The game sold well but there was also an enormous number of returns.

Youtube is still processing my vid. This is my first run with Patch 5. This is also my first Youtube video upload. :) My bad about the framerate monitoring. The Nvidia Performance Overlay cannot be recorded with GeForce Experience. There is a small Steam Framerate overlay shown in the top right corner. I'm using OBS now. Thanks Bob.

I do see the improvements. All Epic settings with no upscaling @4k.

I had to learn the basics of OBS and I also recorded with GeForce Experience. I picked up an Elgato HD60 S+ back in 2021 and FINALLY opened it up and tried it out. What a waste. Definitely not what I imagined it to be.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Damn, I just reset my skill points and switched from dual wield over to double bladed lightsaber and I'm shocked at how much better it is. The double bladed lightsaber has tremendous defense and while it may not do much damage per hit, the sheer amount of attacks more than makes up for it.

Greggy_D and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  20. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Oh yes! The Double Bladed Lightsaber has great defense and such a gem to have for melee. I'm about to install the famous Mod again. Last night I had unparalleled framerates with Heavenly image quality. I just completed a few test runs without the mod at native 4k and the game is much smoother. The updates are moving the game in the right direction. If I wasn't addicted to 5 and 6k res with this title I would play this as is. lol

The levels of upscaling with the mod is uncanny.

Good Lord!!! How long does it take YouTube to process a video??? I'm a total noob at this. I still can't watch my vid.

Carfax likes this.