Diablo IV

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Nov 1, 2019.

?

What class will you play at launch?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. Barbarian

25.0%
  2. Sorcerer

27.8%
  3. Rogue

20.8%
  4. Necromancer

19.4%
  5. Druid

6.9%
  1. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    You got that right. LOL LOL LOL

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Interesting point of view.

I agree with the atmosphere thing but the rest with DI is much worse or same as D3. The 1080p graphics, the huge UI, the bland quests, the weird and slow combat. I tried it on mobile and sure, it looks amazing there but the uneven framerate and small screen isn't a great experience for me.

3. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i already stated on previous comments after the beta that the art design is simply excellent. the game as a diablo game, is not similar to D2 by any chance. we see different things.

i guess some people are more into forcing their opinions than others. D3 is not that bright and colorful, not everything in D3 was cow or unicorn level.
    my monitor is amazing.

4. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Are you allergic to colors or have some other complexes? I liked how D3 looks and I also like how D4 looks. I'm not playing ARGB for bright or dark colors. Who even cares. But it seems Blizz made the right calls with D3, as it's one of the best selling games of all time.

5. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    :rolleyes:
    Everything i'm posting here is my opinion. I said 'it looks TO ME .... blah blah'. I'm not forcing anyone to read my posts.

And gamers were complaining about D3's colorful look pretty much from day 1. They later even changed the color palette to somewhat less / darker colors iirc.

ANYWAY .... i'm really lookin forward to D4 and the beta tonight. Let's see how many legendary items drop in those 3 days.

OnnA and Solfaur like this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ a loooooooot ;)

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV

Undying likes this.
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It pisses me off that it unlocks so late for EU, had the entire Friday afternoon and evening free, not sure if I will on Saturday and Sunday, lol...

Undying likes this.
  9. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    as a person who has tons of hours in all 4 diablo games i do think its hard to comprehend that you think d4 looks even as cartoon-like as d3 is

wrathloki and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  10. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I was responding to you saying that D4 *looks* like D3. I’m purely talking about looks here. As an overall game D4 is quite a bit different than 2, though it does go back in that direction from 3 with the skill trees. I would also say that the visual style of D4 is its own distinct thing but if I had to compare it to one D2R would be the closest. D3 is extremely low poly and very cartoony in style, D4 might as well be a different series altogether from D3 visually.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    From what I can tell, the performance improved dramatically for me since last beta, I don't know if it's from my cpu/ssd upgrade, or the game itself is much better optimized. Zero stutters (even in capital with loads of other players) and maxed out, including textures, no DLSS @3440x1440p. And also zero rubber banding. In stark contrast are (some) of the in-engine cutscenes that are locked at 30 fps for some reason AND locked to 16:9... like, come on, why?! :mad:

Anyway, I'm trying out a female Rogue this time around, mostly to see how the "swifty" melee animations are like, pretty cool I must say (though I still prefer the more brutal Barbarian ones).

DocStr4ngelove and OnnA like this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Yup, super smooth. Im using DLSS (game has ver. 3.1.1).

13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    No dlss, running smooth and no queue to join (zelda effect?) can’t compare with previous beta coz i upgraded gpu.

4k everything maxed almost always at 119 (locked there coz of the monitor), the only place i saw dps dip to 100 was in tristan.

14. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I wonder if they locked cutscenes because of the bricking GPUs.

15. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I wish the game had a HUD transparency option. With OLEDs becoming more prevalent as PC monitors, it would help mitigate long term burn-in.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah, you might be onto something, because in the very first beta they were NOT limited to 30 FPS (the intro, the church, the hermit ones to name a few).

Also I noticed that my FPS is getting caped at 116? Is it because of nvidia reflex+boost / in-game v-sync enabled and the game knowing I have a 120 Hz monitor? Odd number otherwise, which I used to cap myself in RTSS for the "pure smooth" with -4 below max refresh thing (which I stopped doing).

17. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Playing Barbarian once again ;) and as you guys say - zero queue and just a bit of stuttering here and there but no rubber banding. All in all fantastic game. June can't cum fast enough.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I played as a Barbarian for the closed and open betas but decided to go for a Sorcerer for this server slam test. Had a lot of fun last night and played up to level 11 or 12. Got straight into the game, no waiting or queuing at all and it was stable for the entire 3 hours I played it.

The performance does seem improved over the previous betas, although I now have a 4080 instead of the 3080 I was previously using. The game is using 14-15.5 GB of VRAM and it is running with a 120 fps cap using RTSS (the in-game framelimiter has frame pacing issues). The game is mostly running smooth but there are what appears to be traversal stutters as I explore, usually entering/exiting dungeons and cutscenes, where the VRAM usage will suddenly change, suggesting data is suddenly been loaded into VRAM. It's nowhere near as bad as the previous builds on the High Texture setting though and the game defaulted to the Ultra preset (at 1440p) for this version. I opted for DLAA instead of using DLSS. I did try DLSS3 frame generation but found the game was prone to more stuttering, especially in the towns. Given that I have a 165 Hz G-SYNC and the game was only hitting 158 fps (seems to be the max with DLSS3 frame generation) then there really doesn't seem much point in me using it. I cannot feel or see any difference above 120 fps anyway and I am playing the game with my Xbox Elite V2 controller.

The only disappointment are the 30 fps cutscenes. They are great quality and presumably not pre-rendered except for the opening FMV but it is jarring to go from 30 fps to 120 fps and back during the game. I hope Blizzard add a framerate option for these (30/60/90/120 fps) for the final game.

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I run it at 4K res with 150% res scale and get around 85-110fps constant, no DLSS 3.0.
    DLSS 3.0 is a bit buggy, it actually makes the game less smooth, but it might be resolved in the final build.
    I think with the 4090, you can run at 8K res with DLSS 3.0 and get high frame rate.

Some traversal stutters are there, but they are very minimal and far between.

The game should use DS1.0 if i'm not being mistaken.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Why use DLSS (without increasing resolution scale)? I'm curious, since it runs caped at max settings for me without it, or is it actually bringing improved image quality over native resolution?