The AMD Ryzen All In One Thread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling Part 2

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by vbetts, Sep 24, 2018.

1. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Man this ram chit will piss ya off won't it? ...lol Try to keep the bandwidth up but then latency goes in toilet, get latency good and ya lose bandwidth and if I find some good numbers it won't pass MemTest Pro 7.0 ..lmao. I got a decent setup for 3600 finally and no crash so I can't bitch I got latency @ 56.9 / 57.4. Still haven't messed with VDDP voltages yet just on auto for those. I did learn the curve optimizer on my board finally negative 30 right? I'm still lost with entering the VDDP and other voltages involved & partly because of Asus MB and trying to find where the setting is and how to enter it, with decimal without. And all the VDDP settings aren't in the same place either theres 1 or 2 I can't find, 1 for sure. I love the lower latency setups, I just like how snappy it is but I'll take better latency over losing a little bandwidth all day. Thanks for the help from those that did earlier, appreciate as always. Peace....

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  2. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Nice setup superb tweaking. I love the latency ....

Blackfyre likes this.
  3. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Sorry forgot bud but what is your Dram voltage at for that setup.?,

4. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ya I'm just not as schooled as some of you guys are with this stuff and ryzen was like starting all over for me. I had always used cheaper boards ect. and lots didn't have proper LLC settings in them plus other settings missing for that tweaking of voltage adjustment needed. So when I got Asus CHVII 470x it was totally new to me and then ryzen on top of it. Also I'm 57 now so not as much drive to read and learn it.

Maddness likes this.

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    1.495v

6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    aida64_2AZs2a0pUl.png ZenTimings_cfbbwUWaIU.png

So far so good

Where do you think I should go from here? (Bear in mind this is dual rank ram 2x16GB for 32GB)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Can you disable GDM?
    Can't you lower tRFC? This is the most important timming. I bet you can set it to 288, easily.
    Both SCL can probably go to 4.
    TRTP to 8.
    tWR to 12
    tRP to 13
    tRCDWR to 8, this is not very important, but should be easy to do on B-die.

RttPark at 5 or 7 can reduce memory temperatures. But not all kits support it.
    RttNom 7 can help stabilize memory.

Don't forget, apply one thing at a time, or else if something fails, you won't know what is setting is giving problems.

Truder likes this.
  8. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    So far so good, this is what I've got now, doing long duration memory testing now.
    tTctu46NMa.png

Can't boot without GDM - instant 3 long beeps memory error (At stock XMP, without GDM, it's a BSOD afair, can boot but BSOD on loading windows) so unfortunately, have to have GDM enabled.

9. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    FYI these (highlighted below) can cause stability issues from my experience even if they pass all RAM stress tests. Keeping them on default (Auto) provides better system stability, especially some GPU crashes with re-bar enabled if anyone has experienced those.

upload_2023-4-29_5-26-57.png

tunejunky likes this.
  10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme

11. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Splash Best Test.png My Best Bench.jpg Well this was best I could do, not knowing how to enter or really find the VDDP & VDDG ect. settings yet just got them on auto. I'm running tests now to see how far I can drop voltage otherwise these are my timings I did better than I thought I would. I got 56.2 on latency too so can't complain. Couldn't get the tRCDWR 15 & tRCDRD 15 down to 14 just wouldn't go. Thanks all for the info. guys any more tips keep 'em comin'...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
    tunejunky and Maddness like this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So new bios today and the warning when enabling expo profiles that wanst there before.

PRIME B650-PLUS BIOS 1414
    Version 1414
    Beta Version
    9.07 MB
    2023/04/28
    SoC voltage for Ryzen 7000 series limited to a maximum of 1.30V to protect the CPU and motherboard.

[​IMG]

tunejunky likes this.
  13. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    Anyone who has ryzen urgently needs either TridentZ Neo (F43800C14D-16GTZN) or G.Skill Flare X (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) for the best performance of the processor,both kits worked fearlessly and flawlessly at 1.6v 24/7 with temperatures below of 50 degrees Celsius,the first option is definitely an expensive investment even now for AM4,but as you can see it is worth the money,the second option is much cheaper but has higher latency and very good overclocking capabilities,both at 1.6v run TRFC at 235...
    Screenshot 2022-12-30 204058.png Screenshot 2023-02-26 222219.png

tunejunky likes this.
  14. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    ... al;lso trident flare has the lowest price for ddr 5 in US

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I haven't used an Asus motherboard in a while, but there should be a menu called overclocking.
    There's all sort of neat stuff in there, including the voltages control.

Still, for 3600, you are doing very well.
    There might be a couple of timings that can go lower, but it won't matter much.
    The only big thing is GDM. Some people have better results using GDM off but with CMD at 2T. You might want to try that.
    Also, can you get to 3800?

SplashDown likes this.

16. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I've got 2 places where the VDDG IOD & VDDG CCD are. Once under ram voltage setting but then they are also in the overclocking section you mentioned but that section has VDDP also? Wich ones? Are they the same thing? The ones under the ram voltage have decimals added the overclocking section doesn't when you enter them.

17. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    My head hurts .....

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Take a screenshot of your menu.

SplashDown likes this.
  19. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    K give me sec...

20. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Finally, I'm losing my mind over here ...lol. Sys drive decided to not boot on me, got it fixed then screen capture wasn't working .... gezzz. Anyhow here ..... Might be stupid question but does the ram voltage have these settings too not just the SOC?

Attached Files: