RTX 4090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Witcher29, Oct 11, 2022.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ive used two different Samsung NEO TVs on my 4090 and they are both fine plus my MSI monitor, ive a iiyama 32" 4k 60hz screen on a AMD FM2/1050Ti system so il attach that and see if its ok.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    You should be good. I believe the problem was specific to LG Displays in the early days of Ampere.

3. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Just out of curiosity, what is the highest memory overclock you achieved with your Tuf 4090? I was benchmarking heavy 2 nights ago and overclocked the memory by 1750mhz. I accomplished my goal of hitting 28,000 in Port Royal and immediately returned the clocks to default.

I got scared. :p:D Lol! I'm not doing that anymore.

4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I would have to check mate, not booted my rig up all week as I've been busy when I've got home with some study and a bit of research for work. Il check tonight as off for the next three days due to Eid and work being shut.

5. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Just checked and ive got it at +1000, ive never stress tested the VRam specifically to be honest. The games i play the 4090 is very comfy so no real need to push it.

6. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Assus TUF 4090
    I have one LG C2 42" and one LG C9 55" in the living room, had them both connected on my previous GPU (3090) and never had any issues, didn't need to adjust any settings etc to get them to work either. Tried both HDMI ports on the 4090 but I was never able to get any signal both in bios and Windows. However, tried all DP outputs with the main ultrawide monitor and they worked... I googled and found some other users that had similar problems with the 4090 as well, so I assume it's a possibilty that I got a bad card.

pegasus1 likes this.
  7. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Hope you get the RMA sorted quickly

8. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Can't blame ya for RMAing the card. With both ports not giving you a signal with the BIOS or Windows that's definitely troubling. I'm just trying to think of all possibilities that could cause your video not to post through HDMI.

pegasus1 likes this.
  9. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Did you update your firmware? I'm not sure if you did this already. If so then ignore the link.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-has-a-fix-for-geforce-rtx-4090-and-rtx-4080-blank-screen-issues

*****EDIT*****

Nevermind. I see you tried this already.

10. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    I need your help for my new RTX 4090 Founders. What kind of Voltage Control Mode do i have to set in Afterburner? Reference or Third party?:oops:

pegasus1 likes this.

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    To be honest I've never noticed a difference between any of them. I just set the voltage and speed using the curve and then set the VRam speed.

12. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    That's not the answer to my question

13. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Im trying to help, if you dont want help from somebody who has used AB from the start then fine, just dont be rude about it bud.

nizzen, The1 and Unwinder like this.
  14. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Don't have a founders just Zotac 4090 amp. I did play around with Afterburner with my 3080 undervolt power blah blah bah. I just did a search on what you asked and there are some great links videos. HAHA and yeah he never did answer the question .. no offense to him just text relax.

15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I answered the question, it doesnt make a difference.
    If im wrong then why did the guy who wrote AB like my post?

The1 likes this.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Same here, works like a charm. I didn't even know there was a selection of that kind.

pegasus1 likes this.
  17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So, stupid question guys but I'd be happy for any input / confirmation on what I'm in on:

So I noticed a while ago, that the different VBIOS for 4090s have different limits on how much the card can draw, limits from the advertised 450W but up to 600W limits. Going by TPU's database, that is.
    As I do plan to water cool my card, I will have to cross check with any purchase, but does a higher "power limit" really translate to better performance if the temperature / cooling solution gives more headroom?

Or is it just "undervolt and be done with it" anyway? Because the boost blackbox does w/e it wants anyway? If I'm not totally wrong FE cards would still be the best to get, but I can't get that under 2400€ which seems like a ways of money when I can save 20-25% of that price and get the cheapest other cards for little to no gain...

Also, any recommendations for waterblocks? EK, Bykski, Barrow, Alphacool, any one of you gurus got those running?

pegasus1 likes this.
  18. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Before you choose your brand, look at eaterbock compatibility and availability. I had to go EK for my block as it was the only one available for my TUF 4090 which is a slightly different design to those for the FE.

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes I agree, the general approach I have too, only that there's ~ 5 different custom designs covered by full block offers, and thus I thought about which one to get afterwards.
    I mean, I try not to think about coil whine too much since you can't do much to avoid it anyway, but that technically comes into consideration as well.

Although I'm trying to tackle that with a sound dampened case build this time. Hope it helps hehe

20. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I have a Phanteks on my 6900xt and it's a great block, I wanted one for my 4090 but they weren't available in the UK at the time, a better package all round that EK in my experience. Something else to think about is the width of the block and if that brings any issues fir either the power cable you will use or your case. The EK block is very very wide and the power socket sits pretty deep inside, it's not a major issue but something to think about.