Is it me or are the Heli's in Desert Comabt too hard to fly?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Twinke Masta, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

Is it me or are the Heli's in Desert Comabt too hard to fly? cus i can never fly them...whats your experience, they are powerful but i avoid usint them at all....

is there a fix for the crappy engine for heli's?

2. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    I can fly up and hover, but when I start moving in any other direction except up, lets just say I ususally end up on the ground

gave up on flying teh damn things....

3. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

yeh the whole thing loses control sheesh they should fix that, and make it flable like vice city heli's :D

4. vinbmxnj

vinbmxnj Active Member

wew... i can do anything in a heli and i can take down a t72 easy but i been playin them since like .30 something :D

5. CVND

CVND Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC Modded with NV5
    they are almost imposible to fly
    and the aircraft are so fast that i cant even shoot the other guys

6. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    Flying: yes

Landing: NO :D (when I attempt to do this, usually myself and the people I'm attempting to pick up go BOOM!)

It's much more fun to be a gunner in helicopters.

7. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

i can't fly or land...they blow up...as DC to fix the damn probs already :rolleyes:

8. vinbmxnj

vinbmxnj Active Member

you guys could always practice landing if you cant land on a map like lost village becuase no one cares really if you crash on lot illage cause the helos respawn so fast and if you cant fly play some desert shield because you got all the helos you need to learn to fly (the hind apache and lil bird)

9. nvidiot

nvidiot Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce FX5900 Non Ultra
    Its easy, to fly and land choppers! I've only been playing DC for a week. But I'm also running the Saitek X45 HOTAS flight system, and have been playing flight sims (inlcluding chopper sims) for as long as I can remember. Work on it for a while you will get the hang of it...

10. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

the prob is i have no joystick!

11. nvidiot

nvidiot Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce FX5900 Non Ultra
    Well if you have $40 USD lying around, and are not a dedicated flight sim junkie like me. A Saitek Cyborg Evo would suit you nicley. Theres even a review on the main page of guru3d.com

12. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

if i had 40 dollars laying around i'd go out and buy my 9800 Pro!

13. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    who needs the 9800Pro, when you got the Bling Bling edition :p

14. Vesian

Vesian Member

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    I'm a pro at choppers, they're fun :) Only problem is that they are way too easy to destroy, so you need to either stay out of sight or say hello to Mr. Stinger :)

Seriously though, buy a joystick. The throttle on a joystick is ESSENTIAL to smooth Helicopter flying and landing. That, and practice. That's how i'm good ;p

15. kidflash900

kidflash900 Member

GPU:
    geforcefx 6600gt 128
    same issue here i have joystick but cant fly heli's worth s**t
    but my friend uses keyboard and kicks butt with heli;s it just takes pratice just create a game and select dc or dshield and go in game by your self and pratice flying just put enemy ratio 1/1
    and practice i fly jets great but i need new j0y i think calibratrions off .pratice,pratice,pratice......

16. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I find the Apache and the HinD are easy to fly but certain movements can make them play up real bad.
    It's probably because the Battlefield 1942 game engine wasn't really designed with helicoptors in mind and I sincerly doubt any of the DC development team has a major in programming physics, ect.
    A lot of DC players have had problems with Heli's but if you practice a bit you'll get the hang of it. Expect it to become a bit better in newer versions when the programing is more advanced. ;)

17. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    I love flying the heli's ...working on that landing thing tho ;)

18. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    you need analog control joystick or gamepad.
    I dont have DC as its too big for me to download :(
    anyway cant you bailout in DC?

No need to land, just jump and open parachute.
    I do that all time in BF1942.
    In midway to capture control point faster i take plane from carrier fly over the control point ( the far one, island with bridge.) and bail out of plane :p

19. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    There are choppers like the blackhawk in DC that can carry multiple people and are useful when you have to pick up people at one point and take them to another. So it helps in some situations to be able to land, but on most maps it's not crucial. I've been practicing landing in single player, and I'm getting better at it, but I try to stay away from them in multiplayer until I get better. And yeah you can bail out in DC, but if you're too low in a helicopter, you don't have time to open the chute :D .

20. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

Funky what a waste of good planes :D