Info Zone - gEngines, Ray Tracing, AI, DLSS, DLAA, DLDSR, TSR, FSR, XeSS, DirectSR and MODS etc.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by OnnA, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Mega260

Mega260 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 6GB
    Go
    To github and search for dlss tweaks .. you'll find a readme note to tell you how to force presets

2. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  3. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    :lol: they are easily one of the best hardware reviewers on-line. And this sort of makes sense for benchmark comparisons. As I could easily see how it could get overkill if a game supported all upscaling methods and they are do a large all GPU comparison split between nVidia, AMD and Intel. The amount of testing involved would get pretty over whelming.

4. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    HUB has been cherry picking settings/games for awhile, just like how they specifically tested 6500XT with Low Settings.

Also choosing unrealistic settings for apple to apple comparison show just how detached hardwares reviewers are from reality. What is the point of using settings no one would ever use? the FPS figure provided would be meaningless.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Native is the way to go when testing gpus all other upscaling tech should have separate benchmarks.

Trunks0 and Spets like this.
  6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hardware unboxed has been biased for a long time now, their bench settings always try to give amd the upper hand.

7. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Also this. Users want to see how hardware performs at set resolutions.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I dont think they are biased they just tend to show amd strenghts compared to some other reviewers that only show their weaknesses.

9. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Yup, they will use settings that cripple Nvidia, but on AMD they will relax settings just enough not to embarrass AMD, all under the guise of Apple to Apple comparison of course

Meanwhile TPU have no such restraint, AMD get 1-2FPS? shoot it up :D
    performance-2560-1440.png

pharma and Spets like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That poor 3070 and 3080 :D

No other reviewers would show this. This is why i love HU.

[​IMG]

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Your cherry picked data is rather out of date
    hog.jpg

3080 @ 1440p is faster than 6800XT @ 1080p :rolleyes: (58fps vs 55)

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    He said 3080 have a very bad texture popin even at 1440p. This is the benchmark after the update where they reduced the streaming pool size for low memory nvidia cards.

13. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    whatever, any normal gamer would turn on DLSS in HL anyways, as for FSR, maybe not

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    pharma, Spets, Krizby and 1 other person like this.
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

16. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    If only AMD would stop blocking devs from implementing DLSS :rolleyes:

FSR: the way it's meant to shimmer

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  17. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    There are a few dozen sites that have a better, more meticulous testing methology.
    I'm not even that dismissive of them on the fact they can be amd biased, but their testing methodology is just worse than sites like pcgh, computerbase, purepc, babeltech, ithardware, sweclockers, techpowerup, guru3d, igor's lab, tweaktown (especially for ssds and mobos), kitguru, rtings, tom's hardware (especially for psus and ssds) and many,many others.
    one of the best ? not even top30. just clickbaity and popular.

fatezeroart and Trunks0 like this.
  18. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    holy crap this is more distracting than the lights on my christmas tree. even native has a little bit of it, but the shimmer on fsr2q here is just sickening.

Funny cause that's not what you said about dlss2/3 before you bought a 6700xt. And not what you're saying about fsr3 too. Changing times, changing fashions.

19. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    You know what... That's completely fair and imho your right.

20. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    @Trunks0 I tend to have my favorites for various components.
    For gpus I go, in that order:
    1. purepc - worst case scanario first, they pick the absolute heaviest gpu/cpu locations for each game. Guarantee what you see there is the most fps-wise demanding scene in the game.
    2. pcgh - best for averages, 20 games in 4 resolutions (fhd,qhd,wqhd,4K) - by far the best for objective comparisons between cards
    3. computerbase - always the latest rank lists, updated every month. great power draw testing in every possible scenario
    4. babeltech - crazy amount of games and runs, dx11/12/vulka/rt/vr done separately. they do a lot of driver performance comparisons too
    5. kitgutru - for cost per frame.

For cpus/ram it's pretty much the same, purepc finds the heaviest cpu locations so that's what I want to know. computerbase and pcgh do good tests too, but not as cpu heavy as purepc.

For ssd's/mobos it's tweaktown- best by a mile, you'll even see drives tested on amd/intel to see the difference. andantech is also good, they test nand speed when cache runs out.

For psus - tom's hardware. All the info you need, it's there, including OPP limits (very overlooked these days ! )

For community - there is no better than guru3d, and I'm registered on almost every other forum. This is the one I visit every day though. The other ones I only see occasionally. The reviews are interesting too, imo well written, but rather short and I'd like to read longer ones. I liked how Hilbert was the only one to test path tracing. I follow a lot of game developer channels on yt and I think this is the real future of gaming, no other way to get CGI-level graphics. Even UE5.1 with HW Lumen isn't as good as path traced grahpics (close tho). I recommend this channel, it's really great

Trunks0, Slave2Games, Krizby and 2 others like this.