Dune Awakening

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

Steam Page

Dune: Awakening combines the grittiness and creativity of survival games with the social interactivity of large-scale, persistent multiplayer games to create a unique and ambitious Open World Survival MMO. Rise from survival to dominance in a vast and seamless Arrakis shared by thousands of players.

[​IMG]

• Survive the most dangerous planet in the universe. Build shelters against sandstorms, maintain your stillsuit, and master the old ways to walk even the deepest deserts. Avoid or be devoured by the colossal sandworms that dwell beneath the sands.

• Explore the ever-changing face of Arrakis. Walk the ruins of long-forgotten biological testing stations, scavenge the wreckage of fallen spaceships, and wander the dusty halls of abandoned sietches. Head into unmapped sectors and be the first to discover secrets and riches before the coriolis storms once again shift the sands and alter the landscape.

• Control the spice, control Arrakis. Hunt for spice blooms and deploy your harvester, then protect it from opportunistic raiders and rival factions. Soak the sand in blood as massive battles shift seamlessly from foot to vehicles and from ground to ornithopters in the sky.

• Make plans within plans. Make a name for yourself among the inhabitants of Arrakis. Wield intrigue and force to influence the Landsraad and impact the world. Build your own faction through spice harvesting, trade, subterfuge, and open conflict.

• Awaken the sleeper. Tailor every aspect of your character. Consume spice to conquer your senses and acquire powerful abilities. Hone your craft to become sought out for the finest creations. Construct your fortress in the style of your choosing. The journey is yours to shape.

signex and ramthegamer like this.
  2. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I hope it has a playable 1st person view.

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    So, lets see what they have learned from (Anarchy Online, Age of Conan &) Conan Exiles, now that their next game has this prestigious license. I guess it can only be better than Exiles, which is still not in a working/ideal multiplayer conidition. They need to deliver this time and hopefully are not building this game from Exiles, if so...good night..

I wonder when we see first gameplay and not just a CGI trailer/teaser and how its gonna look.

Shataan likes this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Giant worm battles while you ride them? :D

5. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Open World Survival MMO...
    Nope

Lbuipo and Shataan like this.
  6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I still wish for a Dune RTS in the vein of Dune 2000 / Emperor: Battle for Dune... One day, perhaps.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Is this the game where we saw before a demo of unreal engine 5? Where it looked amazing in the desert setting?

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Veeeery cautiously intrigued by this one. After watching all the movies and reading all the books, I got really sad seeing so little has been done games wise in the universe (other than the OG RTS games). I can honestly see any game genre happening in the Dune setting, but RPGs would probably be the best fit.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    [​IMG]

Rise from survival to dominance in a vast and seamless Arrakis shared by thousands of players. Dune: Awakening combines the grit and creativity of survival games with the social interactivity of a large, persistent multiplayer game to create a unique and ambitious Open World Survival MMO.

[​IMG]

Awaken The Sleeper
    Your journey begins on Arrakis, alone on the deadliest planet in the universe. Follow your story throughout Dune - meeting characters from the movies and books. Discover new allies and enemies and exploit your relationships to uncover the mystery that lies just beneath the surface of the sands.

Choose Your Identity
    Craft your identity and build your prowess, from deep character creation to skills and abilities that develop the more you use them. Declare your loyalties by what you wear and become known by what you do, whether you are a specialized master or multi-talented adept.

[​IMG]

Explore Arrakis Like Never Before
    Dune: Awakening brings the epic landscapes of Arrakis to vivid life. Explore deep canyons pockmarked with caves, ancient underground Ecology Labs, boundless rolling dunes, and beyond. Wander the bustling villages before braving the lawless and ever-changing deep desert, where bandits seek easy prey.

An Ever-Changing World
    Beyond The Shield Wall, massive Coriolis storms regularly alter the landscape and uncover new secrets, from valuable natural resources to crashed ships and ancient testing stations. When the dust settles, the race is on. Scout the fresh new land and uncover the secrets of the sands.

Survive the Deadliest Planet in the Universe
    On Arrakis, water is life. Learn to find it and exercise water discipline by maintaining your stillsuit. Choose where to craft and develop your shelter to survive sun and sandstorms. Weigh each step in the open desert against the risk of sandworms.

[​IMG]

Combined Arms
    Engage in epic 3rd person combat, from deadly ambushes to massive organic battles, with fast-paced interplay between infantry, ground, and flying vehicles. Utilize everything at your disposal, from Holtzman gadgets to an array of ranged firearms. Stretch the limits of human potential using melee techniques and other abilities taught by the Great Schools of the Imperium.

Control the Spice
    Search the deserts for massive spice blows to harvest the most valuable resource in the universe. Gather players for a foray into the deep desert or scavenge what you can on the sidelines. Sell spice on the exchange or consume it to expand your potential at the cost of addiction.

Control Arrakis
    Create a guild and grow it into a House Minor by allying yourself with one of the Great Houses. Rise above your rivals and assert economic dominance by controlling valuable resources. Like the sands, power is ever shifting.

[​IMG]

From Shelter to Fortress
    Create your base, choosing each building piece from a range of distinct styles. Find solid rock away from roaming sandworms and raise temporary outposts for your interests beyond The Shield Wall.

Craft Your Way to the Top
    Craft weapons, armor, vehicles, attachments, modifications, and much more. Hone your crafting skills and acquire the rarest schematics. Creating an efficient harvesting operation and chain of production to make it big on the exchange will grant you wealth and power but also powerful enemies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

signex likes this.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I actually played that one DOS back in the day. Fell in love with Dune 2... such fond memories. I never got the quizzes right as a kid though :D

mbk1969 likes this.
  13. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I still want to see Dune part 2. I know they are working on it but have no idea when or if it'll come out. The date keeps changing but i've read it's coming on November 3, 2023.

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yes sir

Enemy unit destroyed

15. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    That is true.
    It's been in post-production for a while now, I would expect to see a trailer for it soon, releasing in Nov '23

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The first of the two parts was excellent. Much better than the original 1970's one, which was a bit too diffcuilt to understand when I watched when I was younger.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Me too! But I failed to beat it - first account with Harkonens and game over... I was playing at work (no PCs for homes in early 90s), so not that much of time to dig...

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There is showcase happening on the 4th March. Probably a regular thing now that it's close to release(ish).

signex likes this.
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT