Lian Li O11D Dedicated Pump Integrated Reservoir Plate Released from EKWB

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef, tunejunky and Maddness like this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    I guess this is the kind luxury item where if you need to ask you can't afford the price ;)

mackintosh, Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    honestly this looks pretty decent. but does it make things better in terms of cooling?
    Anyways, as long as you can turn the RGB off (not connect it probably) it gets a lot more bearable :D

mackintosh and Maddness like this.
  4. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I always had aspirations of doing my own liquid cooling but never got around to it.
    Think I will pop around my local pub and see if they have some decent spare hose connectors and Hmm I think I need a 2nm laser cutting tool. Hmmm.;)

5. guppysb

guppysb Active Member

GPU:
    2x 290x, Qnix 2710 100hz
    Waste of space.

I originally bought a distro plate to put into my O11DXL. However, that is one less 360mm radiator you can put in. I basically replaced the distro plate with another 360mm radiator. Then I got a pump/reservoir combo that can be mounted on the side of that same 360mm radiator. So now you have an extra radiator. It doesn't look as nice and clean as the distro plate, but the thermal benefits for me outweigh the aesthetics.

PrMinisterGR and tunejunky like this.
  6. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    So the top 2 tubes are parallel to each other and look level, the third tube down (GPU top) is not parallel to the tubes above... That annoys me. It annoys me enough that it was pretty much the first thing I noticed. I know and understand why it isn't parallel, but I don't care about that, I just care that it isn't.

7. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
  8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I thought about using a distro plate in a build but it would purely be form over function. In essence they do nothing more than replace some tubing and maybe/probably the res.

9. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Me too. Looks fun and i would enjoy doing it.

But then when i'm faced with the task to convince my wife to spend an extra 2k on my next computer upgrade just to water cool it i always come to the conclusion that it is not worth the hassle. You have to pick your battle carefully ;)

vestibule likes this.
  10. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero

Hold on man that's just incorrect... you can do 3 rads just fine with these setups..
    EK's new V2 distro's have a standard 3rd rad setup in the side there via 90 elbows.
    https://www.ekwb.com/shop/stl-code-orange

But even with the original distro you're talking about it can fit a 25mm slim rad with 25mm fans on the side, but it does limit you to a 30mm rad on top.
    I know because I experimented with that setup heavily, AND you can close the rear case just fine.

[​IMG]
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gzGLRU4XzhgyhHk49
    [​IMG]
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/1wPw4Bptuo9bpw3t5

I ended up going with a 45mm up top and 60mm bottom I liked how it filled the case out much better, only lost 10mm of rad so the temp difference was negligible.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A5SJSsAyLAwzk5uq8

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023