AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Indra881, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  2. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    it better be adrenaline 2023..

Cryio likes this.
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    DXNAVI core for RDNA1? (I can dream)

4. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Well, it should be called 23.2.1 based on AMD way of naming things.

5. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Hmm...
    Seems like some hard locks are actually possible related to OC instability.
    When I use default load line:
    SOC voltage is about ~1.08v,
    It tests stable in every memory test but I get sound distortion with this.
    And after dropping this down from what I normally use
    (4/5 on ASUS which results in ~1.094v/~1.1v)
    I also got an hard lock (freezed image but sound still going)
    in my favorite game.

6. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Yeah, i also thought about this, but more in context of GPU core curve offset. Currently testing stock values.
    Strange that hardlock always happened on application shift for me

UPD:Will try my previous UV but without OC.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  7. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    I think there are multiple things going on there.
    The MPO, Hardware Acceleration black screening.
    And then maybe instability on the PCIE Bus because of ininity fabric overclock which can cause hard locks too?
    My GPU is not overclocked so I can rule that one out.

8. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Does anyone have some idea why some people like me never had issues with MPO (290X, 6800XT and 7900XT)? Is there something specific? I don't use FreeSync, is it possible this to be the reason?

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  9. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    You probably had some of the same issues but never noticed or understood what the issue was, like flickering inside steam point shop with hardware acceleration on which already got fixed in one older optional drivers do not remember which i believe got fixed around 22.10 or 22.9.
    However the flickering issues are only partially fixed, however if only seen it in steam which no longer has the issue.
    Some users just disable hardware acceleration as well and these issues only happen if hardware acceleration is on, not to mention that issues are more common when some one has 240hz display or really high resolution display at really high refresh rate.
    Heck things are probably broken cos they had to update video scheduler to fix opengl and dx11 performance as well as enchanced sync and vsync control, however that same video scheduler is obviously required for everything including dx9 dx10 dx12 vulkan etc as well.

Anyway i do not think the issue is caused by MPO, i think MPO is just a symptom of a unstable video scheduler.

edit: you can configure windows to generate a dmp file and reboot upon every blackscreen you get, and the dmp files always report video scheduler crashing, in rare case you can get this dmp file even without configuring windows to do this.

10. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Nope it's not free sync. I asked a bunch of users on AMD subreddit that fixed this with mpo off and it didn't make any difference with free sync on or off. Windows version also doesn't seem to matter.
    I have no freaking idea what causes this on some systems.

11. Is it multi-monitor? I haven't had issues with MPO either but use a single screen.

I never had flickering or issues with Steam and Discord with HW acceleration; the only flickering issue I can really recall was with Edge if a page had videos on it on Insider 11 with AMD UWP drivers.

I'm on 10 now on 22.2.3 and Firefox, Steam, and Discord seem fine with HW acceleration on.

12. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Yeah, a single monitor with fixed 75Hz.

13. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    MPO issues can happen with single monitor as well as for flickering, if you installed 22.5.1 ever and have hardware acceleration on
    on this exact page within steam possibly also within chrome
    https://store.steampowered.com/points/shop/c/backgrounds/cluster/0/reward/113269 and you resize it non stop from big to small to big you see it flicker but it is more something like artifacting glitching then flickering, elements become transparant and flicker with background of the page bassicly like this
    https://i.imgur.com/WDiYSe4.mp4
    If asked users before on 22.5.1 to check if they have this issue, they all could reproduce it, chances are you have it as well assuming you are on old enough driver and have setup hardware acceleration correctly, honestly if you can reproduce that you probably can experience all other issues most users have reported, however its possible it may take much longer to trigger these issues on some setups perhaps because cpu is more bottlenecked or ram.

14. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I don't have such a problem with the Steam app or Chrome with the current 7900XT and 23.1.2.

15. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    You wont be able to reproduce it cos it got fixed before the rx7900 series released you would need to downgrade gpu to try older drivers that have it.

16. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I miss the point of why I should complain about the old drivers. I had no such problem last November with 6800XT and now I don't have it with 7900XT.

Of course, I don't say that some people don't have problems with drivers. But I wonder why just some of them have problems with MPO.

illusiveman likes this.
  17. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Driver issues you eventually have them as well AMD been having driver issues for years, and they take months to fix not like 1 month at most like Nvidia, so yeah you should care, you think if had driver issues first year if owned my gpu ?

18. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Yeah... *looking upon 1.5 years of issues with MPO on Nvidia*

19. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
  20. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Call me stubborn but the point is to make drivers for windows, and AMD already could've known that MPO is not gonna function like they want on Windows, so why even try just release a stable driver, issues exist on older visions of windows as well its not just like Microsoft released an update and broke it, this is purely AMD fault, and i am not seeing them communicate that this is on Microsoft, probably cos they know its their fault, besides issues with MPO on Nvidia gpu's that was more then 2 years ago or so you telling me Nvidia users still have issues if so point me to a thread that is still actively getting feedback.

Anyway these driver issues are pathetic its 6+ months now and i am bassicly stuck on Linux if i wanna play games which is pathetic, since there only 1% gaming on linux right now.

More then 2 months without drivers to now that is not Microsoft fault either, AMD needs to hire more talent and get a bigger driver and software team and more people for QA and not hide behind YouTubers for communication and pull a curtain in front of everyone to hide all the driver issues they are having.